[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this ethical?

Bronco Billy

An owner to have 2 teams in a league?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ethical as long as one team does not interact with the other?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is it fairs long as one team does not interact with the other?

• Yes
    • No

I agree that in theory if a person wanted to own and manage two teams and was open and upfront with the league about it then it could be both ethical and fair. However, in practice I don't think it can be done. Moreso though, if a person used separate identities to own two separate teams in the same league and did not inform the league about it, that clearly is grounds for expulsion.

It's actually grounds for an arse-kicking but were I in the league, expulsion would be just fine.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And wouldn't he have paid twice as much in dues? The odds of his winning in relation to what he risked is identical as all other owners.

Only fair if every other owner was given the exact same opportunity to purchase better odds for themselves. And as others have pointed out, there really isn't a way for the two teams to not interact (each team has a relationship with all of the others in the way that teams draft and claim players on the waiver wire, etc.).

Basically it is collusion, only it involves just one owner.

I don't see how it can be ehtical or fair.

while many have pointed to the playoffs, the draft, and waivers as potential issues, I see the ability to decide on trades being affected.

Suppose this owner owns Team A and Team B, both in separate divisions to avoid "interacting". Then, another team from Team A's division offers Team B a trade that would normally be win-win for both.

As the owner is pondering this trade, the minute he begins to evaluate how making this trade would affect Team A, it becomes unethical.

Its not that hard to prove. I've had this problem before and all I did was email MFL with an investigation request for both teams. They will find out the IP addy for both and log in times. Problem solved.

Im not gonna get too much more involved in this, but I will say MFL was already involved.

As for the Huddle, yes they can do it, but I would guess DMD and crew wouldnt want to get involved as they just host the message boards and not actual league politics. I would think this would be close to the EXACT answer DMD would give. :wacko:

Im not gonna get too much more involved in this, but I will say MFL was already involved.

As for the Huddle, yes they can do it, but I would guess DMD and crew wouldnt want to get involved as they just host the message boards and not actual league politics. I would think this would be close to the EXACT answer DMD would give. :wacko:

Given this topic, I have to ask the question...

...are you DMD also...?

:D

Given this topic, I have to ask the question...

...are you DMD also...?

:D

:wacko: I dont think my wife would stay with me if that were the case!

Just kidding big guy!! :D

FYI: I'm also Brentastic. Or maybe not. He accused me of being irish when I first joined and made a huge deal out of it. Cuz of that, I'm going to PM these usernames this thread and give them the chance to deny the allegations.

And irish was chappy. :D Does that mean you too are chappy?

What the hell is this place coming to?

No way. Two teams don't have to interact with each other in order to effect the draft to the benefit of one team OR the waiver wire.

That was my first thought too though the playing each other at the end of the season question also militates against this situation.

It is both fair and ethical if the other owners tolerate it and accept it as a condition of playing in the league.

I would NOT play in a league where this is the case because there is just too much other BS that can go on. These teams, I assume, would have to play each other at least once during the year. Who sets those line-ups? Just one example.

What does this have to do with an owner owning 2 teams in the same league ?

I think the question has been revised. When I first read it, the implication I got was one owner was paying for another owner's team.

Nah, I misread the question.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Take ethics out of it for a second. Isn't the whole theory behind fantasy football that of making the game more entertaining and FUN? Wouldn't it be much more fun to have different minds and different owners competing for the championship? I wouldn't want to be in the league because I think it would take away too much of the fun. It is probably unethical, but either way, I personally wouldn't want to be a part of it.

I think the question has been revised. When I first read it, the implication I got was one owner was paying for another owner's team.

Nah, I misread the question.

It happens cn. It happens

Here's what I just wrote in the Practice Squad forum:

FWIW, Loyalboyd was in All Pro last year and I commished. He was away for work a lot, and his girlfriend was making his picks for him. She was a FFer too.

Now, it is possible the she was the one who owned SMV, hence the IP address coming up the same when MFL looked into it. I'm with MV...personally I don't know what to think but he is a cool guy from what little I have interacted with him, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

For the concerns of those in a Ladder league with him, just make sure Loyalboyd and SMV are not in the same league. That's all.

Before we skewer up the dude, let's be sure all the facts are known.

I'm not sure that "ethical" is the right word. Certainly, a person that owned two teams could manage them ethically. However, is this realistic? That is, could the owner manage each team without any consideration to the other, consciously or subconsciously. I don't think so.

I think that it would be improper. Cartainly the appearance of impropriety, and the doubts and potential controversies that "dual" ownership would likely raise, are such that the practice should not be allowed.

Edited by Furd

Unfortunately this is untrue. I need a commish to call SMV yourself. I took the rap for this bull. Smv is without a phone and is going to use his brother in law Internet. I will give the commish or ever wants it his number. He had me to keep up with his leagues to try to stay in them. After the incident I told him he would be on his own and he knows this. So commish send me a private and get his number from me. This is something the other league would nit do which is call.

Here's what I just wrote in the Practice Squad forum:

FWIW, Loyalboyd was in All Pro last year and I commished. He was away for work a lot, and his girlfriend was making his picks for him. She was a FFer too.

Now, it is possible the she was the one who owned SMV, hence the IP address coming up the same when MFL looked into it. I'm with MV...personally I don't know what to think but he is a cool guy from what little I have interacted with him, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

For the concerns of those in a Ladder league with him, just make sure Loyalboyd and SMV are not in the same league. That's all.

Before we skewer up the dude, let's be sure all the facts are known.

I can agree with this, my girlfriend and I are in a league together on MFL. We only have one computer in the house and it is used by both of us. I'm sure the same thing could be said about us as well. We usally check our teams at the same time, so it looks like one team log's on and then the other does in the same time frame.

Because of this I have made it clear to everybody in the league that we are together. I also have the commish look at any trades we work out before they hit the main web page, just to keep it fair and honest.

Unfortunately this is untrue. I need a commish to call SMV yourself. I took the rap for this bull. Smv is without a phone and is going to use his brother in law Internet. I will give the commish or ever wants it his number. He had me to keep up with his leagues to try to stay in them. After the incident I told him he would be on his own and he knows this. So commish send me a private and get his number from me. This is something the other league would nit do which is call.

So does he have a phone or not?

Also, if there was an "incident", why didnt you ever let the league know? Why did SMV continue to make posts as if he was making the deals? And also, why were the deals so damned lopsided?