[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Brooks

redknightsgoingdown

Just thought I would share my thoughts on this often misunderstood QB...

In my humble opinion, this guy is a serious value play this year. From what I see, this guy has been between the 8th and 12 QB drafted in the various mock drafts (antsports).

This points to the fact that people place a lot of emphasis on the futility of the Saints and some of Brooks' bonehead moves..

Bottom line is, that if you can't get the topw few QB's, this guy is a real value in the later rounds who has and should at least put up 3800-4000 total yards and 25-29 td's..

I think he may have some upside as well since this guy is still raw and still learning the position...

just thought I'd share.

Talk amongst.

This is EXACTLY what I thought last year.  Even the year before.  Never has panned.  Like President Bush said, "...fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again".

936280[/snapback]

exactly.....looks good on paper...that's about it..

He's a smart guy, but very streaky.....if he falls to me then I'll pick him up, but I won't necessarily pursue him.

936289[/snapback]

:D Smart would be the very last word I would use to describe Brooks :D

Totally agree!  But he will score you some decent points, if you can stomach the roller coaster ride.

937440[/snapback]

From a bottom line perspective, Brooks is a FF starter, hands down. The secret to owning him in any league is to make a point of not watching any Saints game.

Brooks regularly is within or very close to the top 5 QBs in all my leagues. The problem with him though is he'll have a 2-3 games a year where he completely stinks up the joint.

936391[/snapback]

This is EXACTLY why (well, a few other reasons, maybe, too) I drafted him the Huddle Staff points-only league. :D

As someone who seems to own Brooks every year (I never learn), I'd agree it's hard to argue with his year end numbers each season. I know his consistency - or lack thereof actually - has already been discussed quite a bit in here and I think that is the biggest knock against him IMO. I actually read a really interesting article on fantasy football QB consistency the other day...they had a chart with a bunch of QBs and ranked them by the percentage of "quality games" that they've had over the last 2 seasons, and Brooks value wasn't terrible, but he was I believe somewhere between #10-15...lower than you'd think if you just look at his total year-end numbers. Quality Games was defined as ranking among the top 12 QBs in the league each week (assuming that most leagues are 12-teamers and if your QB doesn't rank among the top 12 scorers any given week, that would not count as a quality game). It was actually a really good read, I swear the article was on Rotoworld, but I just looked for it and it appears to be removed. :D Did anyone else happen to read it by chance so I know I'm not crazy? I also remember that Bulger was ranked quite high.

Edited by Skrappy1

Brooks' year end numbers are pretty good.. He always seems to throw a 4th qrt. CHEAPIE TD thats has won a few games for me.. and as someone stated earlier, I somehow always end up with him as a starter (we start 2 QBs).. I wouldnt be scared to take him again.. BTW, I did win my money league last year.. he contributed

From a bottom line perspective, Brooks is a FF starter, hands down.  The secret to owning him in any league is to make a point of not watching any Saints game.

938042[/snapback]

Bingo. It is very painful to watch at times.

The guy has done 25+ td's for 3 straight years and he is still young.

This is Fantasy Football, not real football. Do I think he is a Superbowl QB? No. A Fatnaasy Football QB? Absolutely. Do I think he will be a value? Absolutely.

From a bottom line perspective, Brooks is a FF starter, hands down.  The secret to owning him in any league is to make a point of not watching any Saints game.

938042[/snapback]

I had Brooks last year, and can confirm the absolute truth about this. Just check out the box scores on Tuesday, under no circumstances should you flip to the broadcast live.

938042[/snapback]

and if you must watch, just watch the last 7 minutes of the game. even then, do so at your own risk. Even his scoring strikes and big plays are often a hair away from big plays the opposite way.