[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Favorite - Magazines

nuke'em ttg

I subscribe to Men's Health and Bowhunter mags. Although SI has been showing up in my mail for the last almost 4 years now. I don't remember subscribing or paying for it :D

For years, I've subscribed to Wired and Playstation (OPM).

I imagine this winter, I'll cancel my Playstation subscription and switch over to Nintendo Power :D

I flirt with the idea of Newsweek or US News and World Report occasionally, because I read them in waiting room and generally like them... but I'm too lazy to read a weekly magazine.

I subscribe to Men's Health and Bowhunter mags. Although SI has been showing up in my mail for the last almost 4 years now. I don't remember subscribing or paying for it :D

I also get free SI's, i signed up once for 4 free issues and I cancelled and they keep on mailing them to me. I don’t even like the magazine that much anyway.

Noth American Hunting Club lifetime member(so they are free), other than that I get the Missouri Conservationist(which is also free).

I usually buy one FF mag a year and that's about it.

Mrs. frazia is a magazine freak..... i've been getting SI for years.

we get, this is no $h!t here.........

reader's digest

family fun

oprah

martha

guideposts

rolling stone

outdoor living

people

all delivered weekly, not to mention the Seattle times everday...... our recycling can weighs about 100 lbs. every other week. :D

I actually get all of the following:

American Economic Review

Journal of Economic Perspectives

Journal of Economic Literature

Journal of Economic History

Economic History Review

Essays in Economic and Business History

:D

As for normal people magazines, the best is The Economist.

As for magazines without some form of the word "economics" in them, anything science related works for me.

Nintendo Power :D

I recall when Nintendo Power was a 3-color, 8-page flyer that you got free if you joined the Nintendo Power Fan Club. They also had a toll-free number you could call to chat with your favorite "Game Counselor" about games.

Maxim, GQ

I get Maxim - it's perfect poopin' material.

A buddy of mine got me a subscription to "Cargo", which was like GQ-lite, with a little more emphasis on technology. After less than a year of production, they shut it down. I think I actually get their big brother magazine, GQ, for the remainder of my subscription.

I just don't get some parts of those magazines. I mean, who really buys $150 t-shirts except Hankk?

I've also subscribed to Men's Health - and should actually sign up for that again. :D

Edit: Oh, and I've been a subscriber to dwell ever since Issue #1. It's like Architectural Digest, of sorts, just not pretentious in the least. Think HGTV in print. In fact, I think dwell actually just got their own show on DIY or HGTV or Fine Living or one of those goofy channels.

Edited by darin3

I don't read magazines. The only ones I get are the ones for BC and Pitt Alums, and I just throw them away.

This is one of the most disturbing posts I have ever read:

I actually get all of the following:

American Economic Review

Journal of Economic Perspectives

Journal of Economic Literature

Journal of Economic History

Economic History Review

Essays in Economic and Business History

I like to ride so I subscribe to a relatively unknown magazine called Crusing Rider. I like the once-a-year feature that has brief writeups on every manufacturer's cruiser lines, including price range.

Used to subscribe to The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated, also Rolling Stone.

I have to admit when I go to the john, I'll read my girl's Cosmo. I learned some neat things and some sexual experiments from that magazine. If you guys have a girl that subscribes, you should try it, but don't let her know. She'll think you're amazing and that you seem to know just how to please her. IT WORKS!

And no, I'm not ghey. Of course I tried Sam Kinison's advice once also and licked the alphabet. I have to admit I was skeptical but it worked. :D