[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

did anyone ask the wife about the move? is she gives a credible answer based on the state of things in tenn and the merits of her other starting players, then you have to let her manage her team. also, before any relatives join the same league, everyone should be cool with it and be clear that moves that suggest collusion will be scrutinized.

Read much? This was clearly explained. It's not like you had 12 pages to read through or anything.

Just keep reminding yourself this is the Jeff George debate all over again. That one ends with you get paid. This one ends with everyone thinking you're a tool. Which, of course, may or may not be true. You may simply be acting like a tool or saying toolish things, but not actually be a tool.

Seriously!

Dude shoulda stood hid. He makes me hate him more each word. The Huddle gets my $20 when he gets canned and the cheating wife gets hired.

At least she thinks out of the box. If I want recycled thinking I'll read the boards for free.

Apparently a husband and wife colluded in one of Jumbotron's leagues benching CJ. Jumbotron was convinced tehre was collusion because CJ was benched. The collusion blew up in the married couples' faces when benching CJ turned out to be the right move, making Jumbotron look like a total tool.

It's been great.

Well, I wouldn't say Ford vs Johnson is a total "right" move, it was pretty much a wash.

Fair assessment my ass.

Listen, I appreciate Rovers and typically respect his vantage point, but I think he's way off here.

What you did and what Skylive did are completely different.

You accused this woman of being a cheat because 1) you didn't agree with her moves and 2) That she was married to her opponent. Crappy reasons both. Now, it's one thing to be curious about the moves and the situation, but you went far, far beyond that. And proceeded to go into some pompous dick waving power trip.

Skylive, on the other hand, questioned your character based on taking you on your word. By witnessing your pathetic act first hand and saying, "Wow, this guy's a dick." And, now reading it myself, I'd be hard-pressed to come to any other conclusion. Even if I did think the move was some what suspect, which I don't. Now, maybe he really should have left it at, "This guy, who may or may not be a total a-hole, sure seems to be acting like one."

Again, it's one thing to think she needs to be careful because she's married to her opponent. I don't agree with that take, but I can see it. It's another thing to "wield your gavel" and act like a total a-hole.

So, for the sake of civility, I'm not going to accuse you of being an a-hole or lacking character. I'm merely going to say that your actions and words lead to believe that you are very much acting like an a-hole with little character. Is that enough of a non-attack for you, Rovers?

This times a million!!

You take a very strong stance and accuse someone you know nothing about calling them a liar and a cheat! And to top it off this person has no way of defending themselves against your accusations! If this were my wife sister mother daughter brother son you were accusing I would be taking that gavel of yours and using it for a different justice!! You are being a complete D-bag in continuing your stance of godliness on your opinion in this matter.

And your comparison of this thread and your little Minnesota(George) debate are worlds apart. Your talking about a QB for a team you said would do good and people disagreed compared to flat out calling someone you have no clue about a liar and a cheat and you would gavel them out of your league!! Please tell me you really aren't comparing the two and actually thinking the other was worse in any way shape or form! You are a piece of work and hope you someday develop rickets :wacko:

hey wait....CJ outscored LT, did he not? jumbotron is vindicated!

So now,, it's confirmed she is a cheat !!

Of course I'm kidding like I hope you were with your reply but that is just the type of argument some here would make :wacko:

I would say I'm never going to read Jumbotron again but I don't think I've ever read him :wacko:

doesn't appear like I'm missing much

Actually, his Huddle writing is some good stuff. Think of JUM as that one hot high school cheerleader that actually put out. She was an airhead, and never had a steady boyfriend, but time spent with her was indeed time well spent.

What I don't get is I can't count the amount of times when someone has brought up suspicion of colusion on these boards, often bringing in the caveat "and these guys are work buddies", or some such to give more weight to the allegation, and if the trade/benching etc.. is even remotely in the realm of the reasonable ( or even slightly unreasonable ('hey you got to let people make bad decisions)) the response is always a universal 'no collusion'.

I am surprised to see such old timers here lighting up their torches on this one instance, and in many cases suggest throwing this couple out of the league (Az, did you really say that?)

While I don't agree with sky's vehemence on the issue in regards to Jumbo, there is obviously something that clouds the vision of some here beleiving that married people are inclined towards colusion in a way that work buddies, brothers, squash partners, business partners, college friends aren't.

Which is silly>

After reading through the first 4 pages or so of this thread I got the main points and several good jokes....

CJ is the most over valued player out there right now. He is have the worst season of his career so far. Howeverr I still see people swear by him...

I have heard about unfair trades involing CJ get reversed and now sitting him is considered collusion :tup::wacko::lol::tup:

I've also noticed a trend. People who drafted CJ as their first pick have terrible records. The guy that drafted him in our leauge is 3-10.... i've also heard this from several differant people that whoever owns him has done poorly. I haven't heard anyone say "I'm so glad I drafted CJ he won me so many games...."

The one thing I have seen from a bunch of you that is a bit of a head scratcher is that you are saying "He made judgement on a person he didnt really know "

We hardly ever know these people in the "Is this collusion " or "Check out what happened in my league" Threads. Does that mean we should never comment on any of them ? It is a given that we dont know these people. You are asked to draw conclusions based on the facts presented to you

Edited by whomper

I've also noticed a trend. People who drafted CJ as their first pick have terrible records. The guy that drafted him in our league is 3-10.... I've also heard this from several different people that whoever owns him has done poorly. I haven't heard anyone say "I'm so glad I drafted CJ he won me so many games...."

I am 8-5 & should be in the playoffs, but due to a scheduling screw-up by the commish and then a subsequent decision to stick to our original playoff scenario regardless I'm out.

The one thing I have seen from a bunch of you that is a bit of a head scratcher is that you are saying "He made judgment on a person he didn't really know "

We hardly ever know these people in the "Is this collusion " or "Check out what happened in my league" Threads. Does that mean we should never comment on any of them ? It is a given that we don't know these people. You are asked to draw conclusions based on the facts presented to you

There's quite a difference in saying he thought it was collusion and outright attacking these peoples character with such little evidence. The fact of the matter is that in the vast majority of these cases most everyone here errs on the side of it not being collusion even if something seems a little fishy. At worst there would be the suggestion to the questioning owner that he or she not return to the league the next year.

There's quite a difference in saying he thought it was collusion and outright attacking these peoples character with such little evidence. The fact of the matter is that in the vast majority of these cases most everyone here errs on the side of it not being collusion even if something seems a little fishy. At worst there would be the suggestion to the questioning owner that he or she not return to the league the next year.

That's the difference I see as well. Right from the outset, there were no shortage of opinions from CJ owners saying, "Hell, I'd bench him" Then there was the rather cogent explanation from the woman in question. That seemed like it should be enough for any person not intimate with the situation to give the benefit of the doubt. Either suspiciously or not. Where I think most of us take offense with JUM is the fact that he went as far as he did with his condemnation despite the evidence to the contrary.

And, like rajn says, the vast majority of responses in these threads trend towards, "let them manage their own teams".

What I think people are looking for when they start these threads is an overwhelming response from people who take this game seriously enough to out any moves that simply do not make any rational sense by a team who is truly trying to win.

That's the difference I see as well. Right from the outset, there were no shortage of opinions from CJ owners saying, "Hell, I'd bench him" Then there was the rather cogent explanation from the woman in question. That seemed like it should be enough for any person not intimate with the situation to give the benefit of the doubt. Either suspiciously or not. Where I think most of us take offense with JUM is the fact that he went as far as he did with his condemnation despite the evidence to the contrary.

And, like rajn says, the vast majority of responses in these threads trend towards, "let them manage their own teams".

What I think people are looking for when they start these threads is an overwhelming response from people who take this game seriously enough to out any moves that simply do not make any rational sense by a team who is truly trying to win.

Which also brings up another point. People come here because they respect the opinion of the folks here (or at least I think so), even moreso of the people who work for this site. IMO it's very damaging both to our reputation and the sites to be so flippant in regards to someones integrity.

Edited by rajncajn

I am surprised to see such old timers here lighting up their torches on this one instance, and in many cases suggest throwing this couple out of the league (Az, did you really say that?)

no, not at all. I said if they weren't gone the next year I would be, and I stand by that. I don't need to be in leagues where husbands and wives are playing each other the last week of the season, with playoffs on the line for one of them, and the other benches chris johnson for mediocre (at best) other options. I wouldn't even suggest kicking them out of the league, if I were in it, because you don't know whether benching her best player after one bad week was collusion or just (in my opinion) a clear lack of acumen. but either way it's not really a dynamic I'd want to remain involved with, unless I really knew them well and trusted them. I wouldn't confront anybody about it, I just wouldn't return to the league. :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

CJ is the most over valued player out there right now. He is have the worst season of his career so far. Howeverr I still see people swear by him...

he's been a disappointment as the consensus #1 pick, but even with now two pretty bad weeks in a row, he's the #7 RB in FF in basic performance scoring. he was #4 through week 11. let's not go overboard in talking about how crappy he is.

let's not go overboard in talking about how crappy he is.

Last 2 weeks against the 25th and 29th ranked rush defenses:

@ Houston: 7 rushes for 5 yards, 0 TD's, 2 Rec's for 2 yards, 0 TD's.

vs. Jacksonville: 13 rushed for 53 yards, 0 TD's, 2 Rec's for 14 yards, 0 TD's.

The Titans have lost 5 in a row, they have coaching, management and personnel issues. I think it's safe to talk about how crappy he is.