[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bees

BillyBalata

How do those little bass turds make a hole in the ground and why did i have to discover it with my lawnmower? :wacko:

And why are they so mad at me now? Do they call them bee stings cuz they sting so much? :D

Took me a half hour before i could rescue my lawn mower, after putting ice packs on my ankle and arm while waiting to be able to do that.

So...what's my best plan of attack at this point? Gasoline and napalm them little bass turds? :D:D

Or is there a better option that won't involve me doing a Richard Pryor on myself... :D

I found a nest of bumble bees once the same way. Got hit right in the temple & it felt like I got sucker-punched by a heavy-weight. I went after them with a tennis racket & get a little revenge. :wacko:

The best course of action though is to find their hole then wait until late in the evening & get after them with some pesticide.

Man that' a nightmare for me (allergic). One or two stings, I'd be OK, but if the swarm got me, so long everybody.

They have bee-killing foam sprays. The foam prevents them from coming out of the hole. That's my killer of choice for tight spaces.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Man that' a nightmare for me (allergic). One or two stings, I'd be OK, but if the swarm got me, so long everybody.

They have bee-killing foam sprays. The foam prevents them from coming out of the hole. That's my killer of choice for tight spaces.

I'm not allergic, but whenever I have gotten stung by a bee it will swell up big time if I don't get ice on it right away.

It appears they got me 5-6 times on the ankle, twice on the arm. Only two of those seem to still sting.

As much fun as the fire suggestions sound, I like that foam idea. Will have to stop and get some tomorrow and then wait until the little bass turds are sleeping.

AquaNet hairspray and a match... fun as long as the can lasts.

I would think that the match would run out first, no?

The same thing happened to my grandson as he was doing my back yard last weekend. Sent him out for several cans of Raid Wasp kill. The kind that you can be 20ft away. After about an hour they were settled down enough that he could knock them down pretty good and after waiting another hour he could get close enough to completely soak their nest (which was built into a concrete block). Another hour and he was able to walk right up, get it out, break it up, and soak it one more time....even though there were no bees moving. That stuff does the job for sure.

They stung him right through his tennis shoes for cryin' out loud. Got him about half a dozen times on the legs. Cornstarch and water mixed up takes care of that.

You lived a sheltered childhood, didn't you?

:wacko: Back in the day we used to chase bugs through the dorm with fire and cans of Lysol. It wa when we escalated to garden sprayers loaded with a mix of rubbing alcohol and white gas that the powers put a stop to us.

I'm not allergic, but whenever I have gotten stung by a bee it will swell up big time if I don't get ice on it right away.

It appears they got me 5-6 times on the ankle, twice on the arm. Only two of those seem to still sting.

When I was a kid, I ran barefoot through some clover and got stung on the foot. From my ankle down, I had a swollen club foot for about 10 days. Couldn't walk on it, just sat around doing nothing. :wacko: Worst summer ever.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Oooof... I was lit up by ground bees last summer. I was riding a quad through the woods and parked on their nest. I didn't even know what hit me. I just started to feel like I was on fire...

Whatever you do. Hit them at night.

When I was a kid, I ran barefoot through some clover and got stung on the foot. From my ankle down, I had a swollen club foot for about 10 days. Couldn't walk on it, just sat around doing nothing. :wacko: Worst summer ever.

Mom & stepdad being beekeepers I used to get stung at least once a Summer & had this happen to me once. It indeed sucks... the itching is the worst because it's too sore to scratch.

Funny this topic is on the boards. A couple of Sunday's ago the wife and I killed 7 Bees that got into the house. We couldn't find out where they were coming from. Then, the following morning when i came down stairs the wife asked me to come into the Mud Room. Basically, the owners before us had dogs and they put a dog door in the mud room. The bees found a tiny crack in the frame of the dog door and set up shop in our exterior wall. It was wild to bang on the wall and hear them buzzing so loud. They is be dead now. I just don't know if i want to open up that wall and clean out the nest or leave it.

How do those little bass turds make a hole in the ground and why did i have to discover it with my lawnmower? :wacko:

And why are they so mad at me now? Do they call them bee stings cuz they sting so much? :D

Took me a half hour before i could rescue my lawn mower, after putting ice packs on my ankle and arm while waiting to be able to do that.

So...what's my best plan of attack at this point? Gasoline and napalm them little bass turds? :D:D

Or is there a better option that won't involve me doing a Richard Pryor on myself... :D

Unbelievable! Just happened to me on Saturday.

Same situation. Riding mower. Yellowjackets nest in the ground. Apparently, they didn't like me vibrating up their home. Saw the first one flying around my face and swatted it away. Didn't see the other 9 or 10 that hit me 2 seconds later. ALL HEADSHOTS BUT ONE!! 2 on my hairline at base of my neck, 2 on my right cheek, 1 on my right ear, 1 on my left eyebrow, and 1 on my GD upper lip. 3 minutes later I looked like I'd lost a fight with Tyson.

Went inside for ice and laid down immediately, debating whether to drive to hospital. My head was swimmin' for about 3 hours. Finally, thumping in my head started subsiding so I went outside and there were still 4 or 5 on the mower crawling around. Vengeful lil' bastages!

Needless to say, a trip to Home Depot for ammo and a successful nighttime ambush and now they are all in insect heaven.

Great Info: Look for a black & white can called Spectracide (sp?)...somehow uses voltage to 'electrocute' insects...I know it sounds crazy, but its the best thing I've ever seen . Drops a flying bee or wasp like a downed war plane...almost instant. Absolutely swear by this stuff for years now.

This happened to me a few years ago with yellow jackets. I paid $75 to have some guy in a hazmat suit come out and shove some kind of hose down the hole to kill them all. It was pretty cool and scary to see the smoke coming out of 5 or 6 holes in my yard.

This happened to me a few years ago with yellow jackets. I paid $75 to have some guy in a hazmat suit come out and shove some kind of hose down the hole to kill them all. It was pretty cool and scary to see the smoke coming out of 5 or 6 holes in my yard.

Dude - you need to turn in your man card. That's as bad as Puddy calling triple-A to change a tire.

Dude - you need to turn in your man card. That's as bad as Puddy calling triple-A to change a tire.

:wacko:

They stung the dog and wife, I wasn't going out there. That's like watching two people jump into a bath tub with a radio submerged and saying "gee, that looks like fun - my turn"

I've met twiley, I'd drop a $20 on the bees. :wacko:

Like the hunters and fisherman here, you guys are a bunch of pansies. If you don't grab these bees by their little neck and strangle the life out of them with nothing but your bare hands and bad attitude, then you are a coward. :wacko:

Edited by TimC

Before I left for work this morning I emptied a can of the foaming killing spray stuff into their hole. :wacko: There was only one bee flying around at that time of morning and he got within a foot of the spray and down he went. I think that should take care of them for a while....