[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

20 years with an awsome chick!

McBoog

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary! My wife, who is from Mexico, HATED football at first because it “competed” for her attention (I guess). Slowly, she came to accept my one vice (including Fantasy Football) and figured the old “if you can’t beat them, join them!” attitude would make things easier. Spending some of my winnings on her helped I'm sure! :yay:

Eventually, we, at her suggestion, got Charger Season Tickets, and held them for years until… THE TWINS. We just couldn’t justify the expense and face trying to “abandon” them every other Sunday during football season. NFL Sunday Ticket saved me to an extent.

Well, this morning, I look lovingly at my bride of 20 years, carrying our third “surprise” baby girl, and said, “Honey, after twenty years, I did not just go out and buy you “whatever”. I want to get you something you really want, and go out with you to choose it.” Obviously, I was thinking “high dollar, credit card hit”.

My jaw nearly hit the floor when she looked at me, and in all seriousness said, “What I really would like, is to go to the Chargers’ Game this Saturday.”

After a few, “Are you serious(es)?” :D:DB) I was given a budget and permission to go on a ticket hunt, way too late in the game!

The result of my search… 50 yard line, under the overhang (won’t get wet if it rains), Plaza level, WITH a VIP parking pass! It cost me some $$$, but a lot less than what some goobers were asking for in the paper and on-line.

I am blessed to have such a great lady keeping me straight and putting up with me for two decades!

Thank You God

edited to add:

:D:DB)

Edited by McBoog

Wow that's great. I just got married and a similar experience just happened to me during our honeymoon (i'm sure the post is buried about 10 pages deep but it's in there). Congratulations on your 20th and may you have many more. Sounds like you have a great wife! :D

I have to wipe the tears from my eyes before I can post. :bawling:

That was a very touching story, congrats on 20 years, sounds like you have one hell of a supportive wife there, definately a keeper.

I think we are all very much in debt to our better halfs for putting up with us and our addiction to football and fantasy football. Here is to all of the wives/girlfriends of us football addicts. :D

I think we are all very much in debt to our better halfs for putting up with us and our addiction to football and fantasy football.  Here is to all of the wives/girlfriends of us football addicts.  :D

643908[/snapback]

Don't forget the husbands of fantasy football addicts. :D

:oldrazz:

643887[/snapback]

Back Atcha' Babe :D

See my last post in this LINK to see how excited I am about the possibility of the Chargers playing the Steelers. First things first though, take care of the Jets first (which I get to go see :D )!

Don't forget the husbands of fantasy football addicts.  :D

643911[/snapback]

Man, if I could convince her to play fantasy football, or just watch football, I would have everything a man could ask for.

Back Atcha' Babe :D

See my last post in this LINK to see how excited I am about the possibility of the Chargers playing the Steelers.  First things first though, take care of the Jets first (which I get to go see  :D )!

643920[/snapback]

Both should be good games. I remain confident in my team, as you are in yours - the way it should be.

Enjoy the game!

Congratulations, McBoog! I'm glad you get to go to the game (it's gonna be AWESOME!!!). I'm in Loge 19. Look up and wave. You never know, I might wave back!! :D