[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Fantasy Specialty

satelliteoflovegm

I'd have to say I'm good at drafting and trading. Even in the years I haven't made the playoffs in a certain league, I still remember getting compliments on my team right after the draft.

I love to trade, but I hate "negotiating", so I usually spend a lot of time coming up with a fair offer. Most of the time, it's appreciated by the other owner.

Unfortunately, I'm NOT good at taking home the title. I've been in 5 leagues per year for the last 3 years, so that's 15 total fantasy seasons. Out of those 15, I've made the playoffs a dozen times, but I've only been to the title game once and I've never won. :D

Unfortunately, I'm NOT good at taking home the title. I've been in 5 leagues per year for the last 3 years, so that's 15 total fantasy seasons. Out of those 15, I've made the playoffs a dozen times, but I've only been to the title game once and I've never won. :D

905056[/snapback]

That makes you the fantasy equivalent of Marino. :D

My starting lineup in a 12-team keeper league this year is:

QB  Marc Bulger (I will play the matchup game with Brett Favre all year)

RB  Priest Holmes (and I missed out on LJ)

RB  Deuce McAllister (Curtis Martin is my bye week filler)

WR  Chad Johnson

WR  Javon Walker

WR  Jerry Porter (Rod Smith is my bye week filler)

TE  Jeremy Shockey (Marcus Pollard is my bye week filler)

I'll end up on top or on bottom, but I never finish in the middle.

903836[/snapback]

You need to get in a new league. That is a ridiculous team ESPECIALLY for 12 teams. I won't have that good of a team in my 10 team league.

draft prep and waiver wire hore extraordinaire

904095[/snapback]

Loaf speaks the truth - he watches the WW like a wolf watches a birthing sheep.

Your avi is still making me :D

I play my best FF in dynasty leagues where I can make others pay for their mistakes eventually. I enjoy making trades with performance clauses and trading players on a mini hot-streak for draft picks in future years.

I think I'm better than average about guessing which veterans will excel in their new environments.

I'm a little too antsy to dump aging players so I get top value out of them. :D

The 'studs' I draft.... usually have a major injury in the first week of the season 

903988[/snapback]

Please let me know who you are taking in the first round of you draft so I stay away from them. :D

Here is to better luck this year Sky :D

I tend to draft well in the middle-to-late rounds when others are reaching. I suppose that makes me well prepared.

That said, I feel that I don't deviate from player rankings during the draft enough. Meaning I follow a gameplan that doesn't evolve during a draft.

I'm very good at spending all year here researching, getting good info, projecting, analyzing, and getting really prepared for the draft.

Then I get drunk. And draft like crap.

905353[/snapback]

:D I often wonder what my local draft would had been like last year if the guy hosting the draft party hadn't hooked up his industrial-sized margarita machine the night before. Man, those margs were frosty.

well.....

-Great at being a commish.  I love doing it.  I just wish there was a way to sell my services to commish other people's league.

-I can still say the boy scout motto by heart.

904158[/snapback]

How do you judge your trades?? Also how do enforce your rules when they are broken? For example someone picks up mor RB than they are allowed..

I think I'm good at finding the "the player from no where" (think Beuerlien in 1999(?), Tiki Barber in 2000(?), Eddie Kennison in 2002, etc)...although I STILL kick myself for drafting Albert Connell instead of "that new QB in STL" or "the rookie QB in MIN" in 1999 in the final round of a very screwy keeper-ish league I'm in... Heck, if I'd have taken Culpepper then, I wouldn't have had to toss him back in the pot of available players until THIS YEARS' upcoming draft! ARG!!!!

I think I draft/auction VERY well, however play matchups pretty poorly.

And, I am the trademeister. Some times to my advantage ... sometimes not.

I suck at the waiver wire, except when it comes to WRs, which I seem to have decent luck with.

PS -- In reviewing my record for this post, I also, apparently, am good at beating DMD in fantasy football... :oldrazz: ...in nine fantasy seasons in the same league (three in HOFFA, one in 32 Homers and five in The Core), I have one have out scored and/or won more games than DMD five or six times. :D

Edited by muck

Please let me know who you are taking in the first round of you draft so I stay away from them.  :D

Here is to better luck this year Sky  :D

905597[/snapback]

That's one good thing... there is always 'next year'. :D:D

Well... I have first pick in ECB..... guess it is going to be pretty obvious on that one. :D

I'm very good at spending all year here researching, getting good info, projecting, analyzing, and getting really prepared for the draft.

Then I get drunk. And draft like crap.

905353[/snapback]

Yup, this is reality.....for some.....and me.....has worked out pretty well so far.

How do you judge your trades?? Also how do enforce your rules when they are broken? For example someone picks up mor RB than they are allowed..

905648[/snapback]

I cut this from my league constitution, it covers your question I think.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN A MINIMUM AND SPECIFIC ROSTER MAKE-UP, DESCRIBED ABOVE. CBS SPORTSLINE IS NOT SET UP TO PREVENT DEVIATION FROM THESE REQUIREMENTS. IN THE EVENT A TEAM DEVIATES IN ANY WAY OR VIOLATES ROSTER REQUIREMENTS THE FOLLOWING WILL HAPPEN. WHEN THE ILLEGAL MOVE IS DISCOVERED IT WILL BE REVERSED AT ONCE. THE OFFENDING TEAM IS FREE TO THEN LEGALLY ATTEMPT TO SIGN THAT PLAYER THROUGH THE CURRENT WAIVER ORDER.

THE RESULTING ROSTER FROM THE REVERSAL IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER INVOLVED. MEANING ANY DEADLINES NOW PAST ARE STILL IN EFFECT AND COULD RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE OR UNWANTED STARTING LINE-UP.

I cut this from my league constitution, it covers your question I think.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN A MINIMUM AND SPECIFIC ROSTER MAKE-UP, DESCRIBED ABOVE. CBS SPORTSLINE IS NOT SET UP TO PREVENT DEVIATION FROM THESE REQUIREMENTS. IN THE EVENT A TEAM DEVIATES IN ANY WAY OR VIOLATES ROSTER REQUIREMENTS THE FOLLOWING WILL HAPPEN. WHEN THE ILLEGAL MOVE IS DISCOVERED IT WILL BE REVERSED AT ONCE. THE OFFENDING TEAM IS FREE TO THEN LEGALLY ATTEMPT TO SIGN THAT PLAYER THROUGH THE CURRENT WAIVER ORDER.

THE RESULTING ROSTER FROM THE REVERSAL IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER INVOLVED. MEANING ANY DEADLINES NOW PAST ARE STILL IN EFFECT AND COULD RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE OR UNWANTED STARTING LINE-UP.

907389[/snapback]

Do you all hear that same sucking sound that my dogs and I do?? :D

I consider myself a average drafter. I always come out of the draft somewhere in the middle and always questioning a pick or two. I usually make a lot of risky picks.

I am really good however at watching the waiver wire. I am constantly looking for the next stud and will be the person who grabs him.

I can also usually get a trade out of most of my friends. Half the time though they don't turn out as planned.

I'm great at drafting deep sleepers that really perform well the year after I drafted them. :D

903963[/snapback]

I 2nd that. I am also good at drafting the 1st rounder that always gets hurt each year.

Guest THEbigred

- I am notoriously bad at picking players (mostly RBs and/or #1 picks, which is usually the same) who get hurt. Sometimes I ask for it (like Priest last year), but often no one sees it coming. I warn you, this infamous curse is not to be taken lightly, so do not draft whatever RB I get as my #1. Curtis Martin and yes even Brett Favre have felt the sting of my power. (I don't dare draft P Manning due to being a Colt fan)

- On the plus side, I'm good at finding young talent right as they break out. FT (rookie year), Gonzo, and last year Clayton are among the guys I got cheap and reaped big rewards. And I used to always have a good TE, even though I didn't reach for em, but the last 2 yrs have been rough there.

Also I can burp at will. :proud:

Can't fart at will, but I'm working on it.