[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Fantasy Specialty

satelliteoflovegm

We all do somethings better than other things in fantasy football.

I think my best areas are draft prep, commissioner duties, and sleeper wide receivers.

I am pretty good at working creative trades as well.

I can also sing the states in alphabetical order, but it rarely helps on draft day.

Waiver wire/trades.

I'm good at formulating deals that look adventageous to both sides, but end up helping me a lot more, and usually with guys I picked off the wire that have come on 3 weeks later.

I'm a below-average drafter, though. My average finish is around 4th in 12-man leagues.

I'm good at draft prep, due to my obsessive compulsive disorder. I'll spend days crunching stats and overanalyzing.

I'm bad at holding onto players and not being able to trade them after their "expiration date"

I'm good at researching other teams rosters for weaknesses and scaring them into a trade...."Are you sure you want your WR1 to be Javon? Favre don't like him anymore. Here you go, you can have Mr. Consistency, Eddie Kennison, for him, OK?"

I'm good at offering sound advice. Bad at using that same advice on draft day. I'm the guy who always ends up with the highest risk team. Need proof? My starting lineup in a 12-team keeper league this year is:

QB Marc Bulger (I will play the matchup game with Brett Favre all year)

RB Priest Holmes (and I missed out on LJ)

RB Deuce McAllister (Curtis Martin is my bye week filler)

WR Chad Johnson

WR Javon Walker

WR Jerry Porter (Rod Smith is my bye week filler)

TE Jeremy Shockey (Marcus Pollard is my bye week filler)

I'll end up on top or on bottom, but I never finish in the middle.

I always draft the best TE and DEF early then make up for it with a mid draft sleeper. And I can catch about 20 quarters off my elbow like Chachi in that Happy Days episode. It distracts the other guys on draft day.

If I have any specialty at all it's that I pretty much suck at everything. Most of the time I can make the PO's, but then it is one and done. I wouldn't recognize a sleeper even if he came to my house and ran over me. The 'studs' I draft.... usually have a major injury in the first week of the season or have the off-year everyone had been expecting. *sigh* And as far as trading..... LOL..... I am the easiest mark at the Huddle.

I am pretty good at finding info people here want though. :D

Limiting it to 1 positive and 1 negative:

- I've had a lot of success picking rookies at all stages of the draft. I better, cuz I watch an insane amount of college ball. :D

- I reach too much on draft day, based on gut feel. Took R. Wayne in the 8th rd of a 12 team league last yr when I could've had him much lower. It turned out well, but that's not the point. I overpaid.

And I can catch about 20 quarters off my elbow like Chachi in that Happy Days episode. It distracts the other guys on draft day.

903838[/snapback]

I'm am also very adept at this. We will have a challenge whenever we meet up.

Oh and I'm very good at turning an overall profit between all of my leagues. Can't remember the last time I was in the red :D

Feel that I'm pretty good at picking the IDP's... Usually pull a couple of sleepers. Some in the league haven't figured out the consistent tacklers :doah: outside of the obvious picks. Also, do well on the waiver. Last year, picked Volek and Delhomme after Mcnair went down. Snagged Burleson, right before Moss went down cuz Deion B. went out as my 4th WR.

I have a firm grasp on IDPs. I'm always well-prepared for drafts (often-tims OVER-prepared), be it IDP leagues or regular leagues. I always have a pair of stud RBs. I haven't had a mega-stud QB in a league that meant anything in 8 years (ie, no Manning or Culpepper).

Need proof?  My starting lineup in a 12-team keeper league this year is:

QB  Marc Bulger (I will play the matchup game with Brett Favre all year)

RB  Priest Holmes (and I missed out on LJ)

RB  Deuce McAllister (Curtis Martin is my bye week filler)

WR  Chad Johnson

WR  Javon Walker

WR  Jerry Porter (Rod Smith is my bye week filler)

TE  Jeremy Shockey (Marcus Pollard is my bye week filler)

I'll end up on top or on bottom, but I never finish in the middle.

903836[/snapback]

If you end up at the bottom with that team, then either the injury bug hit you extra hard or there is a record number of stud to bust candidates this year.