[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A new type of league

Chief Dick

Was thinking today about some variations on this hobby we all have, and came up with the following:

1. 12 team league

2. Normal serpentine draft

3. A very simple performance scoring

4. One division of twelve teams

5. No head to head play (and here is where it gets interesting).

You have a normal starting lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 D

1 K

Your team accumulates normal scoring as provided by your scoring system. After the weekends games, the top scoring team earns 12 points. The next highest scoring team earns 11, the next highest earns 10, and so on, until the lowest scoring team earns 1.

You play a 17 week season, and every week you earn the requisite points based on where your point total leaves you ranked.

At the end of the year, the team that earns the most accumulated points wins the league. You could also reward for second and third.

I see this as a different, fun league, where you are never really out of it until late in the season.

Post here if you think you might be interested, and I'll work out the details later. Seems like a fun idea, and probably a small entry fee($25) would be required.

So far we have:

1. chiefdick

2. geeteebee

3. robash

4. chief

5. apocalypse

6. theohiostate

7. vansmack

8. t bone

9. cincy slammers

10. mikesvikes

11. fleming d

12. peepinmofo

lcd is in the hole.

Edited by Chief Dick

I guess it's not as exciting as I thought.  :D

911123[/snapback]

It actually does have a good concept but Im in all the leagues I can handle. Good idea though.

Our league was a "total points" league for the first three years.  Usually there were only two teams that had a legitimate shot at winning.  Twice we had a runaway winner.  We've been head-to-head ever since.

911201[/snapback]

But it's not a total points league. Basically you start over every week. One week you can be low scorer and next week the high. I think the standings can change very rapidly with this format.

:D

Make it a deep roster, elmiinate WW, use the 'higherst scoring players score points' option, and the league becomes all about the draft.  No transactions, no setting line-ups.  Just draft, baby :D

911280[/snapback]

To me, I like the idea of trades and waiver wires, not to mention making a decision every week on a starting lineup. I would prefer this not be a "draft and forget it" type of league.

I would rather see some effort put into it over the course of a season to see if this format is worth doing year after year. This is also for research to see if this type of league is viable.

Only problem with that format is that you play the best team in your league every week.

911457[/snapback]

Yeah, but depending on where you finish EVERY week, your point totals change. Seeing as how no one team is almost never high points every week, the standings could change rapidly. If the top team one week has a low week the next, they could drop real quick.

We have tossed up similar systems that would pit all teams against each other week to week as well.

I love the idea and am interested in playing as well, if you have a spot, mark me down.

Roster spots?

Cost?

WW's/Trades.....cost?

Have DMD or WW set up a FFLeague site here at the Huddle if you get it running.

Edited by theeohiostate

We have tossed up similar systems that would pit all teams against each other week to week as well.

I love the idea and am interested in playing as well, if you have a spot, mark me down.

Roster spots?

Cost?

WW's/Trades.....cost?

Have DMD or WW set up a FFLeague site here at the Huddle if you get it running.

913790[/snapback]

I'm thinking 14 round draft, so 14 roster spots.

$25

WW and trades can be up for debate, but for the sake of tracking and paying at the end of the year, I would prefer unlimited WW and trades. Probably do a waiver order each week.

I just need to figure out how to do the standings.

I love the concept, it rewards the best team.

2 years ago I was the highest scoring team in the league, finished 4-9 and missed the playoffs. 3 times I was the second highest scorer and lost to the highest scorer, and 2 others I was 3rd and lost to first/second. Man was I bitter.

Still need more?

Edited by flemingd