[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proper etiquette

Dowzer

I intend on taking Preist with the third overall pick in a ten team draft.

What is the proper etiquette from anyone taking LJ before a certain round? Should he be mine to claim until the 5th or 6th round. Or should he be a legit target for anyone?

I ask, because of what I just read in Dennis Leanord's "Tandem Sleeper" article, and I quote...

"Bennett will still probably get drafted first, but his value is about to dip some, so you may want to adjust your cheat sheet. During your draft, if the Bennett owner in your league does not draft Moore by around the seventh round of a 12-team draft, Moore becomes a legitimate target for everyone"

Thoughts?

It has nothing to do with etiquette. It has to do with how practical it is to take some one at a certain point. If you own priest, and it is my turn to pick, and I don't like what is available, I might take LJ in the 5th or 6th with the idea of using him for trade bait to you later, particularly if Priest gets hurt.

I think what Leonard is saying is that Moore isn't worth drafting before the seventh round unless you have Bennett. He's not a legitimate fifth round pick because he's not a starter. However, if the Bennett owner lets him slide into the seventh round, he will come into play for other owners because at that point other owners will have filled out their starting lineups.

It doesn't really have anything to do with ettiquette.

If you perceive a backup RB's value to warrant taking him before the owner of the Starting RB, then by all means draft him without hesitation. A very legitimate draft strategy is to get the backup to a questionable starter in order to try to spark a trade with the dude.

Just part of the game IMHO.

I can't wait for Priest to stay healthy all year so all those momo's who took LJ hoping for something generous in return get screwed! :D

946298[/snapback]

Yeah. Because 32 yo RBs that missed half of last season from injury and nearly had a career ending inkury 2 years ago are always at the top of the healthy list :D

:D

If you look at each of the tandems closely, the only one that involves a starter is Anderson and Griffin. Many still think Bell will be the starter sooner than later. So if anything the article is suggesting that stealing anothers' backup is good and if you can get his backup as well - even better.

Yeah.  Because 32 yo RBs that missed half of last season from injury and nearly had a career ending inkury 2 years ago are always at the top of the healthy list  :D

:D

946312[/snapback]

All players get hurt...it all depends on how much they're willing to play through.

Last year, if the Chiefs were still in it, he would have been playing IMO. :D

If you look at each of the tandems closely, the only one that involves a starter is  Anderson and Griffin.  Many still think Bell will be the starter sooner than later.  So if anything the article is suggesting that stealing anothers' backup is good and if you can get his backup as well - even better.

946317[/snapback]

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at. It's more than just picking off an injury-prone running back's presumptive handcuff. The idea is to corner the market on all handcuffs behind a starter with a high probability of injury, who is in an open competition, or (preferably) both.

Yeah, I realize Anderson wasn't a perfect fit for the theme, as he is technically listed as the Broncos' starter. But many feel that is an honor in title only; that Bell is really the guy. Coupled with Anderson's relatively late round availability (for a starting RB, at least), I figured the Anderson/Griffin combo was a worthy addition.

EDIT to add: and no, my thinking on waiting until the 7th to target Moore had nothing to do with ettiquite. That's just where I feel his stand-alone value is for a non-Bennett owning team, based on Moore's own potential opportunity to be a starter.

Edited by yo mama

I intend on taking Preist with the third overall pick in a ten team draft.

What is the proper etiquette from anyone taking LJ before a certain round?  Should he be mine to claim until the 5th or 6th round.  Or should he be a legit target for anyone?

I ask, because of what I just read in Dennis Leanord's "Tandem Sleeper" article, and I quote...

"Bennett will still probably get drafted first, but his value is about to dip some, so you may want to adjust your cheat sheet. During your draft, if the Bennett owner in your league does not draft Moore by around the seventh round of a 12-team draft, Moore becomes a legitimate target for everyone"

Thoughts?

946266[/snapback]

You are a funny guy :D

Talent is thin enough with 16 teams to be wasting a 4th rounder hoping for an injury.  :D

946354[/snapback]

I don't think he's worth a 4th round pick. Why snag him and let him possibly ride the bench for the entire season when you can grab a decent WR. If Priest goes down during the first few weeks it's hugh, but it seems like too much of a gamble.

Answer = no etiquette whatsoever. If someone takes LJ way too early to 'steal' him from you, that is their problem. They probably passed on a solid starting RB to get LJ, who isn't starting until (still an "IF" at this point) Priest get hurt (around week 10). Now you are going to have to give up a player to get LJ after the draft. You need to get him round 5 though if you can. I think round 4 might be too early. If someone does pull this move and steals him early, don't act like it bothers you. Then hewill know they have you by the rocks and that you will give up a lot for LJ.

Took LJ in the 6th because he was the best value (don't have Priest). If you do take LJ without Priest, look over the Priest owners team and handcuff his RB 2 as well. Should make out for a trade that makes sense. As far as etiquette, have a tea party… this is fantasy football. Draft the team you want, and when your turn is passed everything is on the table... except maybe your elbow.

It is not a question of etiquette. It is that a backup NFL RB will naturally be worth more to the fantasy owner of the starting RB on that NFL team than he will be worth to an average fantasy owner. I think it would be pretty dumb for a non-Priest owner to draft LJ in the 5th round, because there are plenty of legitimate starters available that early. But, if I owned Priest, and someone did that, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Nope, none.  It is even proper etiquette for the jerk who snags LJ out from under you (by drafting him 2 rounds to early) to rub your nose in it and offer him up in a ridiculus trade offer.

946283[/snapback]

But hopefully you can reciprocate the favor if Priest stays healthy.