[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you like ....

I currently use rtsports for one of the leagues that I run. The problem I have with them is the way their waiver wire works. I prefer a waiver wire that does not reset each week. Once a person is atop the waiver wire, they stay there until they do a transaction, at which point they go to the bottom. Rtsports however, resets each week with the worst team having the top priority. I would like to switch to myfantasyleague next year because we can create our own homepage which I like alot. What I would like to know is, how does their waiver wire work. Also, how well does the live scoring work? Any other info that you deem important would be appreciated as well, especially if you have used rtsports as well and can compare the two. I am limited as to which services I can use with this league because it is a 24 team league in which two different teams are allowed to use the same nfl player.

thanks

Been usng them for 4 years and have never had a problem. They answer most emails in half a day or les during the season for questions not answered by their help section.

I would recommend them. Many Huddle leagues use them. All of the HAG leagues did.

I love MFL and wouldn't hesitate recomending them to anyone. However, I'm not sure their waiver can do what you want. Probably can but I am not sure.

You can go to www.fflm.com and click on the support button. That will take you to a forum where you could post any question you have and they will give you very accurate info.

I currently use rtsports for one of the leagues that I run. The problem I have with them is the way their waiver wire works. I prefer a waiver wire that does not reset each week. Once a person is atop the waiver wire, they stay there until they do a transaction, at which point they go to the bottom.

1255135[/snapback]

While it may not suit your league because of other short comings, the free Yahoo league that I am in works the way you want. I am not certain if that is the only option or not - just that in our league you stay at the top of the waiver wire priority list until you make a transaction.

I currently use rtsports for one of the leagues that I run. The problem I have with them is the way their waiver wire works. I prefer a waiver wire that does not reset each week. Once a person is atop the waiver wire, they stay there until they do a transaction, at which point they go to the bottom. Rtsports however, resets each week with the worst team having the top priority. I would like to switch to myfantasyleague next year because we can create our own homepage which I like alot. What I would like to know is, how does their waiver wire work. Also, how well does the live scoring work? Any other info that you deem important would be appreciated as well, especially if you have used rtsports as well and can compare the two. I am limited as to which services I can use with this league because it is a 24 team league in which two different teams are allowed to use the same nfl player.

thanks

1255135[/snapback]

MFL can handle the waiver system you describe. Best service without a doubt!! :D

Myfantasyleague.com is a terrific service. I've used it for years, both as a commish and an owner, and I give it an unqualified thumbs up. I've also used rtsports and cbs, but all things considered, I prefer myfantasyleague, no question. Yes, they can accommodate the waiver rules you mentioned, and their live scoring works great (there are occasional minor slow downs when everyone is logging on to see their scores, but I've never known it to crash on a Sunday afternoon). If you sign up with myfantasyleague by the early bird deadline (which was June 15 last year), you can run your league for only $59.95 (assuming they don't raise their rates). No one I've found can beat that rate, and no one I've found can beat their service.

This was our 1st year using MFFL and our major issue was their waiver wire system. Their rinky-dink technology doesnt allow a waiver system that freezes all players from Sunday kickoff to Tuesday AND a 48 hour waiver period for dropped players. I know Yahoo can do this. We are moving back to yahoo unless their WW system can accomodate both our requirements.

Cool. I think that it will actually cost more than that to run my league because I have 2 conferences and the same nfl player can be on 1 team in each conference. But it will still cost less than rtsports. Thanks.

I was in six leagues this year that used MFL for their websites. All ran smoothly. I was commissioner in one, and found the setup to be time-consuming but thorough. The waiver systems can be confusing, but every league managed to have a system that finally worked with help from MFL.

By far the best aspect of their site is the excellent technical support. Questions were answered promptly and clearly.

I, too, would rate their website a nine out of ten!! :D

This was our 1st year using MFFL and our major issue was their waiver wire system.  Their rinky-dink technology doesnt allow a waiver system that freezes all players from Sunday kickoff to Tuesday AND a 48 hour waiver period for dropped players.  I know Yahoo can do this.  We are moving back to yahoo unless their WW system can accomodate both our requirements.

1259814[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure MFL can do this, you just have to set it up in two different places. The waiver calendar can schedule all waiver moves and be locked from kickoff to any designated time (Tuesday). And under the waiver set-up, there is an option that once a player is dropped, they are locked for X days. Our league was going to use this feature, but we changed our waiver rules for other reasons not associated with MFL.

I'm pretty sure MFL can do this, you just have to set it up in two different places.  The waiver calendar can schedule all waiver moves and be locked from kickoff to any designated time (Tuesday).  And under the waiver set-up, there is an option that once a player is dropped, they are locked for X days.  Our league was going to use this feature, but we changed our waiver rules for other reasons not associated with MFL.

1259862[/snapback]

They can get close, but not exactly what trrhyne is wanting, from my unsderstanding of his post.

MFL does not currently support different waiver periods/rules to be applied to each individual player, you have defined times when waivers are run, and if you are set to separate waivers and free agents, then all dropped players are processed at the same time, not neccessarily at a 48 hour time period.

Not sure how feasible it is for them to make that big of a change to their framework, but if the only coplaint you have was their inability to handle a fairly complex type of waiver system where you have different waiver times and eligibility for every player, then they aint doing too bad.

I've run many leagues there, provided a ton of support on their boards and never see na company in any field provide the kind of customer support in such a timely fashion as they do.

as i become more comfortable with mYfl.com, i still dont like it. Yahoo freebie is better in my opinion, based on player rankings and expert advice and really just overall aesthetics. The premium is top notch, and the winner of every premium league gets their choice of a tshirt or a plaque. awesome.

Our league is in season 3 with MFL, and all of our members absolutely love the site! We all actually came over from the Yahoo site, and in my opinion, it's no comparison. Here is a link to our site, as you can see, it allows you a lot of options. Enjoy!

http://football11.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/23766

P.S.

Don't forget to scroll your mouse over our NFL logo! :D

I like everything about MFL except the most important thing to me... Stat Tracker. Even the new version in my mind is lame. I like Yahoo's stat tracker so much better that I go and make a Yahoo free league with our league settings and players and buy the stat tracker so I could be more up to date on the game action and scores. The redzone alerts let me know what channels to flip to(I know they have that with Direct TV also but takes away from screen). 7 out of 10 would be my score. Would be a 10 if they copied Yahoo's stat tracker all the way not half the way.