[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams & a First-Rounder for David Carr?

Shotgun Messiahs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New York Daily News reports one rumor circulating has the Miami Dolphins trading RB Ricky Williams and their first-round pick (No.16), to Houston for QB David Carr.

1270262[/snapback]

Uh, that would be HUGH. If Dom Davis doesn't pan out, Ricky looks like he may be able to carry the full load, or at least a 75% load with Morency and/or Wells as a nice backup. Which, would mean, of course, that they'll draft Young and have an all-Longhorn backfield. Sweet.

The New York Daily News reports one rumor circulating has the Miami Dolphins trading RB Ricky Williams and their first-round pick (No.16), to Houston for QB David Carr.

1270262[/snapback]

Seems like a lot for the Dolphins to be giving up.

Let the draft rumors begin.

If this happens, we can count on them going with Vince for sure, or Leinhart. Either way with Ricky and Dom, Bush would fall to NO or Ten...

1270275[/snapback]

If they do this, they're not doing it to take Leinart. No way. They'd be doing it to take the hometown boy, for sure.

This would cause some flip-flopping. Would the Aints take Bush? With Deuce in place? How about the Titans? They have Henry and Brown (obviously neither is setting the world on fire, but still). Would the Saints AND Titans move down? The Jets would love Bush in green. :D

If they do this, they're not doing it to take Leinart.  No way.  They'd be doing it to take the hometown boy, for sure.

This would cause some flip-flopping.  Would the Aints take Bush?  With Deuce in place?  How about the Titans?  They have Henry and Brown (obviously neither is setting the world on fire, but still).  Would the Saints AND Titans move down?  The Jets would love Bush in green.  :D

1270283[/snapback]

Well, I would say Deuce is probably at least another season removed from being back to normal after ACL surgery. Edge wasn't the same until the second year or so after his. Bush would be nice insurance.

agreed. that's alot to give up for Carr

1270290[/snapback]

I agree. That seems like an awful lot to give up for a middle of the road QB.

1270343[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. What is Miami thinking?

Carr is tough.  He has potential.  He needs a change of scenery to blossom.

I have been predicting a Carr trade to someone.  Miami seems like a good fit.

1270360[/snapback]

i agree...carr could be successful in miami...i just dont see how miami can also throw in their first rounder, especially when they have a need at tackle too

Miami wants no part of Ricky for the long haul, so its like giving up the #16 pick for Carr, which is very reasonable imo. I do not see Houston doing this to tell you the truth. Vince at #1 would be great, but HOuston needs OL, more than another RB. Wells and Morencey did a decent job in Davis absence, and its much easier to get a solid RB, than a proven OL. If Im Houston, I want the #1 and a solid OL for Carr, then use the Miami #1 pick to help their ragged defense.

Miami wants no part of Ricky for the long haul, so its like giving up the #16 pick for Carr, which is very reasonable imo.  I do not see Houston doing this to tell you the truth.  Vince at #1 would be great, but HOuston needs OL, more than another RB.  Wells and Morencey did a decent job in Davis absence, and its much easier to get a solid RB, than a proven OL.  If Im Houston, I want the #1 and a solid OL for Carr, then use the Miami #1 pick to help their ragged defense.

1270411[/snapback]

I agree with everything you are saying but they have already said it looks like that they would draft Bush. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

That trade would be great for Houston.  They would get Ricky & Vince Young and still have a 1st round pick to help build O-Line or defense.  Plus they could possibly trade DD to help O-line and/or Defense as well.

1270403[/snapback]

Maybe this makes some sense.

Carr isn't worth a 1st round pick. They just invested in DD so why bring in Ricky?

From a PR standpoint it looks good but that's a lot of deals to pull off and a salary cap to worry about.

Miami wants no part of Ricky for the long haul, so its like giving up the #16 pick for Carr, which is very reasonable imo.  I do not see Houston doing this to tell you the truth.  Vince at #1 would be great, but HOuston needs OL, more than another RB.  Wells and Morencey did a decent job in Davis absence, and its much easier to get a solid RB, than a proven OL.  If Im Houston, I want the #1 and a solid OL for Carr, then use the Miami #1 pick to help their ragged defense.

1270411[/snapback]

But Houston could get a solid RB in Ricky with Morency & Wells as back-ups. They can then draft Young #1 and still have Miami's #1 for O-Line or D help. Plus if they could trade DD they could probably get picks or someone to help the O-line or D as well. Now I don't know all of the salary cap information with the two teams, but I don't see how this hurts Houston at all. They get a possible stud QB, a proven RB (with baggage no doubt) and an extra 1st round pick. Plus whatever they could get for DD.

If they don't do this trade (if it will even be offered - I know this is just rumor now) they would get Bush, still have Carr, and then have to get O-line/D help somewhere else without the extra 1st rounder they could get from Miami.

I hope not, I DO NOT want Carr as our QB especially having to give up Ricky for him. Our offense is perfect for Ricky right now, him sharing the load with Ronnie. He said himself he likes it better not having to carry the full load himself. I know he probably won't stay in Miami anyway, but I hope he's not given away for Carr.

I saw the rumor reported as Williams and a 3rd.

Still think most likely Houston just takes Bush, but

think local pressure has them at least considering Young.

If they passed on the local boy and he became a superstar

winning Super Bowls they'd never hear the end of it.

The more I think about it, I'd take Young and make the trade...

provided they project Young as a top notch QB (I'm not qualified to

break that down-I know he looked great in college)

Kubiak is going to bring the Denver running system in which talented backs can

look more talented. Carr has more trade value than Dom. Davis and in this scenario they can trade both.

Say they get Ricky and a 3rd for Carr and maybe a 3rd for Davis.

They then have a 2nd and 3 3rds to maneuver and add linemen.

They have Young at QB and Williams at RB with Morency as the backup.

A completely remade offense.

Wannstadt & Spielman are no longer running the team.

1270622[/snapback]

Thank God!

I like Carr and I think he would be a good fit for the Dolphins. He is in a horrible situation in Houston. Most sacked QB the last 2 years or something along those lines. He has some scrambling abilities and a decent arm. Plus I think he's young enough to shake off the first few years in Houston.

We need to get something for Ricky. He wants to get paid more that the minimum that he's getting and although he was a good citizen this year, I wouldn't count on it lasting long without a new deal. Saban knows it's time to get what we can for him. No way do they offer up a first rounder though. Ricky and a 3rd is fine by me.

I did hear on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike show today that potential new HC Kubiak wants to keep Carr and draft Bush, so that might be the course they take.