[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what exactly is Detroit doing?

DMD

The Lions have been without a head coach for almost two months now. Six weeks after they dumped Mooch, nine other teams have lost/fired their head coaches and five of those already have a new head coach lined up.

What are they waiting for considering they had four to six weeks lead time on this from any other team? :D

The Lions have been without a head coach for almost two months now. Six weeks after they dumped Mooch, nine other teams have lost/fired their head coaches and five of those already have a new head coach lined up.

What are they waiting for considering they had four to six weeks lead time on this from any other team?  :D

1271955[/snapback]

well at least they are not taking 49er rejects. My bet is they are waiting to see if the Lions actually get a football man to run things once the playoffs are over, instead of Mutt Millon.

I agree. early word was Grimm was a favorite, but they can't touch him until he is done. If they don't have a guy by the end of the week, Grimm is the guy.

David I honestly couldn't tell you. The Lions are a shambles right now and local media is ripping them daily.

My gut tells me that the next Lions HC is going to be Russ Grimm and that he would have been hired by now had it not been for the Steelers winning their playoff game vs. the Colts.

The thought of Grimm makes one go :D. Grimm does not have any Coordinator Experience and is reported to be a terrible interview.

I suspect this may be the :D's last hire.

New rumor say that Grimm is out and that Haslett, yes I said it Haslett :D, is the new #1. He will be in for another interview tomorrow. There is no hope, the rats are jumping ship! There is no reason that it should take this long. 30 years a Lions fan :D. Time for a new team, a team that has a vision, a team that has brains. Carolina fans, where do I get an application?

The sadest thing that I saw was a shirt worn by a Lions fan at the Cinny game. It was so sad but so true. It said. "The Detroit Lions, rebuilding since 1957". Man that is just horrible.

New rumor say that Grimm is out and that Haslett, yes I said it Haslett  :D, is the new #1.  He will be in for another interview tomorrow.  There is no hope, the rats are jumping ship!  There is no reason that it should take this long.  30 years a Lions fan  :D.  Time for a new team, a team that has a vision, a team that has brains.  Carolina fans, where do I get an application?

The sadest thing that I saw was a shirt worn by a Lions fan at the Cinny game.  It was so sad but so true.  It said. "The Detroit Lions, rebuilding since 1957".  Man that is just horrible.

1271981[/snapback]

I kind of thought there would be a "official" passing of the torch from Cincinnati to Detroit, but I didn't see one.

This is a brilliant stratagem by Millen in which he will, by lying in wait, ensure that he snares the most promising head coach available, who will undoubtedly lead the Lions to the promised land.

So policy tells me. :D

New rumor say that Grimm is out and that Haslett, yes I said it Haslett  :D, is the new #1.  He will be in for another interview tomorrow.  There is no hope, the rats are jumping ship!  There is no reason that it should take this long.  30 years a Lions fan  :D.  Time for a new team, a team that has a vision, a team that has brains.  Carolina fans, where do I get an application?

The sadest thing that I saw was a shirt worn by a Lions fan at the Cinny game.  It was so sad but so true.  It said. "The Detroit Lions, rebuilding since 1957".  Man that is just horrible.

1271981[/snapback]

Plenty of room Big 10, just denounce and then pronounce-simple as that.Peace PD.

John Clayton reported today that Haslett is indeed the leader in the clubhouse and will be hired on Thursday :D

It is completely unbelievable to me. I kept wondering what was taking the Saints so long to axe him and now he is the leading candidate for the Lions job. Only in Detroit will you fire a coach who's had some success in the past and replace him with a coach who just got fired and whose team continually got worse over the past few years.

Nothing says success like bringing in the fearless leader from a 3 - 13 team.

John Clayton reported today that Haslett is indeed the leader in the clubhouse and will be hired on Thursday :D

It is completely unbelievable to me.  I kept wondering what was taking the Saints so long to axe him and now he is the leading candidate for the Lions job.  Only in Detroit will you fire a coach who's had some success in the past and replace him with a coach who just got fired and whose team continually got worse over the past few years. 

Nothing says success like bringing in the fearless leader from a 3 - 13 team.

1272511[/snapback]

I'm having serious reservations about raising my son as a Lions fan.

Haslett? :D What a f'in joke.

As stated above, Fanball says Grimm is the top choice.

01/17 11:24 Lions: Haslett hasn't heard from Millen

THE NEWS

Despite rumors that the Lions intended to schedule a second interview with former Saints head coach Jim Haslett regarding their own head coaching position, Haslett's agent claims he has not heard back from general manager Matt Millen. "We have nothing to report," agent Peter Schaffer is quoted as saying in Tuesday's Detroit Free Press. "I have no comment."

Our View

Millen will interview Buccaneers defensive line coach Rod Marinelli for a second time later this week. Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm is rumored to be the leading candidate, but league rules prohibit the Lions from contacting him until the Steelers finish their playoff run.

Millen. Now that's the one word that will instill confidence in that organization. :D

A Tad of topic:

DMD, What is up with the new avatar???

Looked like either a baby bottle.........or.......at second glance something you find in a nightstand drawer.

1272458[/snapback]

I disagree unless you keep your used condoms in the nightstand drawer. :D

or it could be this.

Edited by MikesVikes