[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many hours a week to do you work?

Perchoutofwater

Which of the following best describes you?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best describes you?

• Graduated High School and work less than 35 hours a week.
    • Graduated High School and work 36 to 40 hours a week.
    • Graduated High School and work 41-50 hours a week.
    • Graduated High School and work 51-60 hours a week.
    • Graduated High School and work over 60 hours a week.
    • Bachelors Degree work and work less than 35 hours a week
    • Bachelors Degree work 36-40 hours a week
    • Bachelors Degree work 41-50 hours a week
    • Bachelors Degree work 51-60 hours a week
    • Bachelors Degree work over 60 hours a week
    • Masters Degree work less than 35 hours a week
    • Masters Degree work 36-40 hours a week
    • Masters Degree work 41-50 hours a week
    • Masters Degree work 51-60 hours a week
    • Masters Degree work over 60 hours a week
    • Doctorate Degree work less than 35 hours a week
    • Doctorate Degree work 36-40 hours a week
    • Doctorate Degree work 41-50 hours a week
    • Doctorate Degree work 51-60 hours a week
    • Doctorate Degree work over 60 hours a week

Ever consider coming to China and teaching English? I'm serious it's what I do. I'm loving it, this my my career. Wouldn't mind helping you get started either.

Round eyes? Pulse? Yeah you qualify...

1313135[/snapback]

my future sister-in-law is over there teaching english (or something). city called chengdu?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever consider coming to China and teaching English? I'm serious it's what I do. I'm loving it, this my my career. Wouldn't mind helping you get started either.

Round eyes? Pulse? Yeah you qualify...

1313135[/snapback]

I have known quite a few teachers that have gone to Japan to do that. Witn english becoming the international language in many ways doing this makes a lot of sense.

It also gives the Huddle a spy in the Great Republic(Did you get that NSA?).

my future sister-in-law is over there teaching english (or something).  city called chengdu?

1313270[/snapback]

Chengdu is a big city northwest of here. Much larger than It's where the pandas are. It's also the closest US consulate office to me but since it's so far it's not convienient. Been there twice.

In Guiyang we've got monkeys. Really, instead of squirrels, the park is full of monkeys ... pretty cool.

Masters, 60+ hours a week (5am to 5:30pm M-F, 8-10 hrs on the weekend)

I'm jealous of most of you, although I thoroughly enjoy what I do.

P.S. Out of college I worked 8am-8:30pm M-F. With 4 awesome kids now, I WILL NOT work past 5:30pm. Don't want to miss anything, so I shifted my day ahead by 3 hours.

Associate's and I work around 30hrs a week (by choice). If I went to salaried/full time, it would be 45+, but I won't be doing that until my youngest is in school full time (next year). At my previous job (pre-children, pre-associates) I averaged 60hrs a week(Retail Manager).

Associates Degree in Business Administration

prior to owning my own biz I was working around

50 hrs/wk and making around 80k(and it was a salaried position)

now I work around 60hrs/wk and make around $.08 :D

Edited by keggerz

Bachelors, work about 45/week, but they are trying to push that up more and more. I don't like that as I want ot be able to see my son, and as Ialready leave for work before he is up, I can only see him in the evenings, and my work is not so hot on me coming in early and leaving early, just come in and stay late if need be.

I'd love to get a 6-2:30 type schedule..... but, just not available here.

This is certainly intersting.  The early results show that those with a college education tend to work longer hours than those that did not go to college.  This may be distorted as most of us with a college education tend to sit behind a desk during the day and have access to a computer.  It will be interesting to see if this trend holds later tonight.  Currenlty only 25% of those with a high school degree work more than 40 hours, while 72% of those that have a bachelors degree do, all of those with masters or doctorate degrees work over 40 hours.  Like I said I doubt this will hold once those that don't have access to a computer during the day are able to get on tonight, but if it does it will certainly be shocking.

1313225[/snapback]

What it really means is that most of these posters working more than 40 hours a week are on the computer so much that it impacts their ability to get their job done. F'ing slackers.

How many hours a week do you average?

1313062[/snapback]

45-50, unless I have to work on a project. That gets me into the weekends, and since there is no coverage for me during the week I just have to work the hours. And not get paid extra.

That happens probably 8 weekends a year. Sometimes for 3 hours and sometimes for 16. It goes with the territory, though, and I am generally well compensated so I don't complain.

In the same spirit, I also never take a sick or personal day. I do take my vacation time, but sometimes getting it in is onerous.

EDIT: BSME. Forgot to put that in.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Wow, looks like I need to get my degree. 60 plus hours a week every week and sometimes as many as 75 - 80. :D

High school grad (barely) and in mid management. They recently offered me a VP position but with strings attached. I think I'll stay where I am.

The long hours are self imposed anyway. :D Besides any more free time and I could have post counts like Blitz. :D

Voted MD, 41-50 but for many weeks throughout the year it is 36 - 40. 

I'm guessing you are going to point out how much harder business owners work than us goofy employees.  And I'd agree with you.

1313069[/snapback]

If you mean actual "work" and not just sitting around posting on the Huddle it would probably be...........WAY MORE BOSS!! Sometimes I come back after everyone else is gone... :D