[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Missing Persons Experience?

CarryTheRock

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 30 years ago my brother disappeared. Noone heard from him for about 10 years and we anguished over it until he finally called us. Turned out he was partying, didn't think we wanted to hear from him and was on the lamb. In the end it all worked out fine.

These days the internet/informatiom access makes finding people easier. Good luck.

About 30 years ago my brother disappeared. Noone heard from him for about 10 years and we anguished over it until he finally called us. Turned out he was partying, didn't think we wanted to hear from him and was on the lamb. In the end it all worked out fine.

These days the internet/informatiom access makes finding people easier. Good luck.

1422944[/snapback]

That's what I'm hoping anyway. Otherwise I just don't get it. I thought he was likely dead until this came up with my sister being told by a police officer he was involved in a stabbing a little over a week ago.

Thanks to everyone with suggestions on here and via PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who posted and sent PM's. I just got off the phone with my brother. Long story short, he said although it hurt, being stabbed was the best thing that ever happened to him since it has brought him back with his family.

Good to hear he is somewhat okay!

1463573[/snapback]

He actually is doing better than he ever has. He lost touch because he thought he burned the family too many time. When he tried to call family a year or two later they had changed the area code in Eastern Iowa and he didn't know it. He thought everyone moved since he got a "disconncted" message for everyone.

My mother can sleep good for the first time in years tonight.

He actually is doing better than he ever has.  He lost touch because he thought he burned the family too many time.  When he tried to call family a year or two later they had changed the area code in Eastern Iowa and he didn't know it.  He thought everyone moved since he got a "disconncted" message for everyone.

My mother can sleep good for the first time in years tonight.

1463579[/snapback]

:D

I never heard about any missing people from Eastern Iowa.  NE Iowa?

1463614[/snapback]

He stopped at my mothers in Eastern IA (about 1/2 hour south of Dubuque) six years ago saying he was going to Minneapolis to sell some tools and was never heard from again. We wrote him off as dead until a police report came up that he had been stabbed downtown Minneapolis. He wasn't actually living in Iowa at the time he came by he was living in Indiana when he stopped by my mothers.

:D Great news, hope the injury from the stabbing isn't serious.

1463637[/snapback]

He said it went in about an inch, didn't hit any organs. He was mugged by some kids.

Thank you to everyone who posted and sent PM's.  I just got off the phone with my brother.  Long story short, he said although it hurt, being stabbed was the best thing that ever happened to him since it has brought him back with his family.

1463568[/snapback]

Just got thru reading this thread for the first time. This just made my morning. Glad to hear he's ok & that you're reunited. :D