[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Job?

Flip_Side

I'm a youngin' just got my first job today doing miscellaneous jobs around a big office in the downtown area. Just thought it would be interesting to know your guy's first jobs.

Edited by Flip_Side

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paperboy for 3 years if you count that. After that I was a busboy and dishwasher at an Italian Rest. on weekends and during the summer while in high school. That had good bennies, like all the pizza I could eat plus any meal on the menu with a few exceptions.

:D you mean beyond mowin yards & a paper route real check with deductions job.......prolly 16 yrs. old, auto parts place, sweepin up & fillin orders, by the end of summer i was the shipping dept and counter sales during the week and delivered parts in THE COMPANY TRUCK :D on saturday to little towns around us. Worked with some real losers always quittin.....end of summer the Boss said a 16 yr. old kid is running my co. to his buddy that was in town Fred Grandy YA GOPHER from The LOVE BOAT... :D

Fred was an actor in a very bad old TV show Flip :D who later became an incredible REPUBLICAN :D... :D

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Paper routes most of my teenage years.

I got hired as a dishwasher and then "promoted" to busboy at my first "real" job in high school. Two things I remember about it. My first raise (from $3.35 an hour to $3.50 :D ) and meeting the first love of my life, a beautiful blond girl who I was with for years afterwards.

My first job was workin at Aztec Market, a little corner store in Southwest Detroit around the corner from where I lived. It was during the summer and I think I was about 9 or 10 yrs old. I worked 40 hours a week and made $1 an hour which I spent most of on lunch :D

Edited by ChuckB

Paperboy for 3 years if you count that. After that I was a busboy and dishwasher at an Italian Rest. on weekends and during the summer while in high school. That had good bennies, like all the pizza I could eat plus any meal on the menu with a few exceptions.

whoa. dude I was a paper boy during 6th, 7th grade and then got a job washing dishes at this pizza place. From there I went to work at a pet store until my 11th grade year, then I went to work for sears. Then straight into the army.