[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Close To Half-Way Through The Season

Menudo

Just curious to see everyone's pick at this point. At this point, even I have to say, that my dream of a Steelers repeat is dwindling. I haven't given up on the season yet, but, even I am not going to pick them to win or go to the Super Bowl at this point. Anyway, here is how I see it:

Indianapolis Colts 27

Carolina Panthers 17

This is the year that the Colts don't look as impressive during the season (although, they are undefeated, which says a lot about their talent), but, Peyton gets the monkey off of his back and has a great post-season. So, lets see what you've got.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Diego Chargers 17

Chicago Bears 24

San Diego is simply the most complete team in football, second only to Chicago. San Diego has a strong defense, powerful running game with depth, a host of receivers to throw the ball to (Gates counts), and a good kicker to win the close ones. The only problem is Rivers, but he is improving. By January, he should be mature enough to at least manage them to a title game.

And the Bears, as much as I hate to say it, are the strongest pick for the NFC. My gut says they're going to fall off down the stretch, but my head says at least predict them to make it. They've got an offense, defense, and stellar coaching.

Atlanta - With a healthy defense and Vick actually finding some accuracy, this team is the perfect playoff team.

San Deigo - Same as above. Merriman back and roided to the gills, LT running, throwing, and catching and Rivers and Gates converting in the endzone, these Superchargers are primed for a SB bid.

Atlanta - 17

San Deigo - 10

Im going to say the Bears. Why? Well not because they are the easy pick since they are 6-0 and playing dominant football. Not because they are the popular pick. Lord knows not because I even like them (I dont).

But...in Vegas a few weeks ago, a friend of mine pulled a dick move. He won a poker tourney the night before and decided to stay an extra day to play another tourney. Cool. Only he was supposed to drive home with me to LA. Normally I wouldnt care, but he agreed to split the driving, and I hadnt gone to sleep the night before and now the football games were on. Dooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!

So knowing my ride home was going to involve a case of Red Bull and very loud punk music (okay not the worst thing) he bought me a $250 ticket (at 4-1) for the Bears to win the Superbowl.

So if the Bears win the SuperBowl, I win a $1,000.

Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: My buddy Eli is the absolute moosh. He bet UCLA to win the NCAA tourney right before the Final Four last year, he bet the A's to win the World Series this year right before the playoffs started. Bears have absolutely no shot now (especially because I have $1,000 riding on the outcome).

And now, I have to root for the Bears...there is that.

But seriously, dont we all see the train wreck that is coming?

Championship Game: Bears v. Giants and Colts v. Chargers.

All the world is thinking its an All Manning Super Bowl. But Eli gets picked off 4 times in the freezing cold of Chicago and Peyton wins the championship game (the perfect storm of choking Peyton v. Marty Schottenheimer -- come on, thats priceless. Someone has to win right?).

So Peyton gets to his Super Bowl only to find sitting there ---- the nasty Bears Defense.

Nuff said. Bears take care of the Colts in a thriller -- 27-21 as Peyton's Hail Mary gets broken up in the end zone as time expires.

Take it to the bank.

Bears win and we get to see Peyton Manning loser face on national TV (again). Btw, the Colts will go off as a 2.5 point favorite (I hope).

I don't think the Colts can win in the Playoffs with the Defense playing the way it is. If they can somehow figure out how to stop teams from running on them at will then I'd say they are the favorites out of the AFC but the way things stand right now I like the Chargers or the Broncos. Both have great defenses and good enough offenses. The injuries and suspensions for the Chargers are concerning though.

I like the Bears in the NFC. So right now I'd say Chargers 17 - Bears 14

Before the season started a local radio show host picked Den over the Panthers. Not a bad pick. Here's what else he picked though.......MVP of the Super Bowl is.........

Cutler!

The funny thing is that may happen!