[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denny Green fired

DMD

Whoever the new coach is will inherit something that NO head coach there has ever started out with - a running game. Green may not have reached the playoffs there but he did leave the team better than when he showed up without a doubt.

Whoever the new coach is will inherit something that NO head coach there has ever started out with - a running game. Green may not have reached the playoffs there but he did leave the team better than when he showed up without a doubt.

You talking about Edge? 'Cause I don't call that much of a running game.

He's actually been pretty decent the second half of the season, having three 100 yard games and averaging over 4 yards per carry. Not to mention he's the first Cardinal to rush for 1,000 yards in a season since 1998.

I like what Mike Martz has brought to the Lions offensively (given the tools or lackof he had to work with). I don't want to see him go, but he seems taylor made to take over that team. That could be a scary offense for years with him at the helm.

Oh and I haven't heard any rumors to this effect, just saying.

You're crazy!! Edge was pretty solid the latter half of the season and if that line solidifies watch out. That's a good situation for a coach to walk into.

Edited by irish

You're crazy!! Edge was pretty solid the lattaer have of the season and if that line solidifies watch out. That's a good situation for a coach to walk into.

Yes he was. The last 5 games 462 yards, a 4.2 average and 3 touchdowns.

This is the second time that Denny got paid to not coach a team. When he got fired from the Vikes, he didn't take another job until Mr. High Road got paid out his entire contract.

I'd be Mr High Road too if I could pick up millions just for sitting on my fat ass.

He's not what i thought he was......... :D

:D Very low key and under the radar there......almost missed it.

Don't forget folks, that this is the Cardinals we are talking about, still owned by the Bidwells who have never shown any foresight in getting that train wreck straightened out. Sure, there is potential there, but they better get a good, hard-nosed coach that can last awhile. Oh, and a new O-line, too.