[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll: Naming our Baby

Big Country

Which name do you prefer?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. For a girl, with middle name of Elizabeth, which first name do you prefer?

• Madelyn
    • Hannah
  2. 2. For a boy, with the first name of Austin, which middle name do you prefer?

• David
    • James

I am having a challenge not resorting to my admin capabilities with the vote 20 to 7 AGAINST "David" which is a perfectly fine name, very adaptable, biblical and means "beloved" (of course).

David only turns into Dave.

James turns into Jim, Jimmy, Jimbo, Jayce, Jimmy-crack-corn, Jamie, etc.

Much better control with a name like David. Noble. Starts and ends with the same letter. It's like the full circle of names. That is my objective choice.

Of course Wolf is an even better name...

:D

I am having a challenge not resorting to my admin capabilities with the vote 20 to 7 AGAINST "David" which is a perfectly fine name, very adaptable, biblical and means "beloved" (of course).

Much better control with a name like David. Noble. Starts and ends with the same letter. It's like the full circle of names. That is my objective choice.

Yes, but it does not turn into those things when paired with Austin. It just helps the young man get some :D

Argument against David

and another against David

The winner is...

I was thinking Demarini but that probably wouldn't flow as well as Easton.

Name one of my sons after a fictional hot throb character on a teenage TV show that happen to have my same last name. I figured these guys (writers) are professional and did their research that the name Brad went great with my last name and represented a cool good lookin kid.

David Beckham married Posh Spice...

David slew Goliath...

David wrote most of the Psalms...

David is Michaelangelo's best sculpture...

David is getting a very itchy trigger finger on the thread gun...

Austin David Carey ... two syllables in each name ... sounds better than two-one-two (Austin James Carey) imo.

I went with Hannah for the the same reason ... two-four-two is better than three-four-two.

I realize that this is somewhat out of order but . . .

I like James Austin Carey the best, followed by David Austin Carey.

James and David are old school manly given names. I'm not sure about Austin.

Just my $.02.

I realize that this is somewhat out of order but . . .

I like James Austin Carey the best, followed by David Austin Carey.

James and David are old school manly given names. I'm not sure about Austin.

Just my $.02.

+1, except that i like david slightly better than james.

i like both hannah and madelyn. slight preference for hannah, i guess, because it won't inevitably become "maddy".

Austin James has a nice ring to it....AND....his initials are A.J. I like the sound of that too.

I don't like Madelyn because every Madelyn I know is butt-ugly.

Austin James has a nice ring to it....AND....his initials are A.J. I like the sound of that too.

I don't like Madelyn because every Madelyn I know is butt-ugly.

And we all know Chargerz has seen his fair share of ladies. I would take his advice without question!

Without looking at anyone else's responses which could sway my vote... I say Hannah for the girl's first name, so her initials are HEC. :D

James for the boy's middle name (lovin' the first name choice, btw :tup:), as "Austin James" sounds like a spy or somethin'. :D

:D at the impartiality! You should be a ref! :D

With a name like Austin, at least his sexual orientation will be accepted as normal since yall will be living in California... :D I cant recall which Huddler named his kid "Tristan". I wonder how many poles that kid has already smoked...

There was an actor named "David Austin something"....from Beverly Hills 90210.

Or so I am told :D

I believe his name was Brian Austin Green but his name was David Silver on the show! :D Man he was always doing drugs, DJ'ing, or trying to get in Donna Martin's pants!!!

And I voted for David and Madelyn because they just sounded better to me!