[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

35 years ago today...................

rocknrobn26

Congrats on your anniversary. We are old and happily married as well.

SS all the way-don't you watch HGTV? Of course if all of your other appliances are white it might look a little funny.

We love the look of our kitchen but it was remodeled a year ago before we got here.

It has all of the top of the line SS appliances and all have had to be repaired except the warming drawer and the secondary dishwasher which we've never used-some repairs were under warranty and some not. If you buy top of the line don't expect it to mean lower maintenance and more durable.

Here is a list of major repairs in the last year and a half and all applicances are only three years old:

Subzero main fridge, Subzero mini fridge, Dacor stove/oven, GE Monogram microwave, Miele oven, Miele dishwasher, and Miele steaming oven, plus our Miele vac.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats RR and to your lovely wife, i was catching up to ya but them you go and have another anniversary. Your celebration sounded a little like mine, except i went and picked out the jewelry. Still gotta give you a call about the Vegas trip, but were in no hurry(well the wife is a little) Can't find your # so when you get a chance PM it to me again.

.......Mrs. rr and I got married!!!! :D Plus we dated for 6 years prior!!! 41 years together. :doh:

Yeah....we're old, but we still love/enjoy one another. We were kids and went thru a lot of bad times and good times. We got married in college......No shotgun (Big John, you know how old rr juniorette is :D ) Mrs. rr retired a year ago also...another anniversary! :D ! :tup: And YES I love having her around....98% of the time. :D:clap:

But we got into a discussion today about refrigs. I want white....she wants SS! I'll have a poll coming soon on that. Bunz, and the rest of the rehabbers.

I gave her a card w/ a note to buy some $$$ earrings she's been ogling! No celebration tonight, but we'll do that soon.

I wish all of you to have the marriage I/We have had. A roller coaster for sure, but I love roller coasters!

Peace!

rr26

today is our 2nd anniversary...congrats on #35

Congrats. Stainless steel would match your appliances, right? Evidently that is supposed to matter. We recently bought one with the freezer draw on the bottom and love it. But then again we got white since it matched everything even though I wanted SS.

Is there any reason why your anniversary brings about discussions of a refrigerator?

Congrats you old guys, lol. :D

We just did the same with a new frig and the bride loves it. I love it when she has to bend over to get something out, :D

Congrats!!! :D

Get the Stainless steel...it's the new pea green from the 50's!! Don't get the side-by-side like we did. We have to put pizzas and stuff in the garage freezer. Go with the freezer on the bottom like the others said.

Most importantly...get what she wants. Although you already know that since you've been together so long. :D

Big time congats to you and the Mrs. RR. Long term commitments like yours are something to be cherished these days. More the exception than the rule. I'll raise a glass that you make it another 35. :D

Oh yeah, get the side by side. That bending over to get to the stuff in the bottom drawer starts to suck after age 50.

Edited by Kid Cid

Get the Stainless steel...it's the new pea green from the 50's!! Don't get the side-by-side like we did. We have to put pizzas and stuff in the garage freezer. Go with the freezer on the bottom like the others said.

Most importantly...get what she wants. Although you already know that since you've been together so long. :D

We're you drunk when you took that photo? Next time spring for the camera with the autofocus.

My Sony has been f'n up the focus lately. :D I don't know what the deal is.

There's the answer. Substandard Sony products. :D

Most importantly...get what she wants. Although you already know that since you've been together so long. :tup:

I had the same issue. Had to get the side-by-side because the island was close enough to cause a traffic backup if the frig had big doors.

I can't imagine what my little kids would do if the popsicles were at their level. :D

Congrats RR and to your lovely wife, i was catching up to ya but them you go and have another anniversary. Your celebration sounded a little like mine, except i went and picked out the jewelry. Still gotta give you a call about the Vegas trip, but were in no hurry(well the wife is a little) Can't find your # so when you get a chance PM it to me again.

Sent! Gots my VOIP it'll be a good test when ever.

Congrats to you and Mrs. RR. I'll only be 55 when I hit that number :D

Younger than me.....but then who isn't! :clap:

today is our 2nd anniversary...congrats on #35

Same day? 6/4? :clap: Keep it going!

Congrats you old guys, lol. :clap:

We just did the same with a new frig and the bride loves it. I love it when she has to bend over to get something out, :D

I prefer to throw her pillows on the floor in the bedroom.....if you get my drift! :clap:

35.... bet it feels just like yesterday ..................... :clap:

A deep felt congrats to you both.

Your congrats mean a lot to me. Thank you my friend. :clap: You lived and enjoyed as I have. Keep the memories close. :clap:

Congrats!!! :clap:

Most importantly...get what she wants. Although you already know that since you've been together so long. :clap:

Can only go w/ the traditional. I'll still do the poll.

Big time congats to you and the Mrs. RR. Long term commitments like yours are something to be cherished these days. More the exception than the rule. I'll raise a glass that you make it another 35. :D

Oh yeah, get the side by side. That bending over to get to the stuff in the bottom drawer starts to suck after age 50.

TY! You are right about the long term. Most of our friends are NOT divorced, which makes it even weirder! :tup:

See above on the frig! :clap:

Congrats RR, get laid last night? :D

:clap:

You better run :doh: and you'll never know! :clap:

Congrats!

by the way, my wife and I were married on the same day two years ago!

Yet another 6/4 wedding! :clap:

Again, thanks to you all! Mrs. rr and I greatly appreciate it! :clap:

Life is good! And as I always say, "It will take the mortician 2 weeks to get the smile off my face!"

Nosdrovia!

PS:

Why did all the quotes F' up?

Edited by rocknrobn26