[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where did you propose?

whoopazz

Well, we now all know that Wieg proposed on a bridge in Venice (snob :D), so where did everyone else propose?

Mine is pretty boring, under the Christmas tree after everyone had gone to bed :D Any cool or unique stories out there?

Edited by whoopazz

It was technically during some July 3rd fireworks at a small Milwaukee festival known as Summerfest.

But since George Thorogood came out and played about 30 minutes later, I say it was at a George Thorogood show because that sounds way classier.

This past new years.... Right at the turn of midnight, at a Sevendust show here in Tampa, they all took a break for everyone to do the happy new year thing, so I had someone distract her, then I got on one knee and asked her. She was completely surprised... So yeah, at a rock concert. :D

In her parents living room:

Mom: If you want us to help with the down payment on the house, you two better be married.

Us: Uh, OK. . . :D

Don't get more romantic than that!!!

You proposed in a cesspool? :D

I considered leaving the state to propose... but i was mired down in the filth and i couldn't get out. So we just stopped at a seaside location where the breeze blowing off the water would hide the stench of CT long enough to make a beautiful moment in our lives before we were returned to the ongoing aroma of low tide that exists in all coastal CT.

How's that? :D

At home sitting on the couch. This was after another big drawn out fight about what a non-commital pos I was. It wasn't romantic or memorable, and I wish I'd done it differently.

You know, I bet if you surprised your wife one night and "proposed" to her the way that you wish you had proposed, you will be writing yourself a blank check for nookie on demand for months if not years to come.

In our bathroom. I had something romantic planned, but scrapped it on a whim.

The wife was in the shower and I knocked on the door and said that I need to get something in there. I left the ring in the open box on the sink counter and stick a Post-It note reading "Will you marry me?" on the box. I then stood outside, waiting for the scream. Not terribly romantic, but I thought that the shock factor would make for a good story.

December 18th, 1999 under this sign in my hometown. There was a slight flurry that night. I forgot where we went to dinner, but it was good. I was suppose to have a carriage ride, but I believe they were all booked that night. Got down on one knee and presented her a ring from the quarter machine from the local Wal-Mart. I had a real one in my pocket, but it was an inside joke as some previous friends we had a falling out with purchased their actual rings at a Wal-Mart for like $10. Seriously.

December 18th, 1999 under this sign in my hometown. There was a slight flurry that night. I forgot where we went to dinner, but it was good. I was suppose to have a carriage ride, but I believe they were all booked that night. Got down on one knee and presented her a ring from the quarter machine from the local Wal-Mart. I had a real one in my pocket, but it was an inside joke as some previous friends we had a falling out with purchased their actual rings at a Wal-Mart for like $10. Seriously.

I like your car.