[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To date or not to date...

Crazysight

So I've been chatting with this woman on and off for about 2 years now. She's 29, I'm 31. Never had kids, never been married. Lately things have gotten a bit more serious between herself and I. She's called me a couple times, we spent an entire night chatting about a week or so ago, left erotic messages in each others emails, and just today she left me her home phone number in my email. I called and left a message on her voice mail.

She does have some plans for the future as she's one year away from getting her associates degree in accounting at the university of new hampshire, though I don't know how exactly she plans to make the transition from the world of stripping to the "normal" world. She's told me in the past that she's never done drugs or anything like that either, as I know there are some who have had those problems. Is also a big sox fan...used to date some guy in their farm system.

I just recently graduated from school myself and have started working as an RN. At this point I'm basically looking to find a significant other whom I can have a stable long-term relationship with as well as someone whom I'm attracted to. The attraction part is no issue with this woman, but her background as a stripper makes me leary.

I'm wondering what other people here have to say or think about the value of strippers. I'm particularly interested in hearing about other people's experiences. Do you think that they're all bad news when you get down to it? Is it possible for a woman to transition from that "field" into being a good wife and mother?

So huddle up! What's the play call here? Do I go deep, just play the flats, or run for my life?

Edited by Crazysight

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the phrase "stable long-term relationship" just doesn't seem to go with the word "stripper" (although the phrase "working on my associates degree" does go with the word "stripper")

If you are questioning the whole thing from the beginning, I'd be inclined to advise you to walk away from the whole thing before it even starts.

Edited by wiegie

the phrase "stable long-term relationship" just doesn't seem to go with the word "stripper" (although the phrase "working on my associates degree" does go with the word "stripper")

If you are questioning the whole thing from the beginning, I'd be inclined to advise you to walk away from the whole thing before it even starts.

Are you kidding me?...didn't you ever see the movie 'Trading Places...Jamie Lee Curtis was hot and they looked like they were having a great long-term relationship there at the end...

oh, wait, she was a whore in that movie...nevermind

Are you kidding me?...didn't you ever see the movie 'Trading Places...Jamie Lee Curtis was hot and they looked like they were having a great long-term relationship there at the end...

oh, wait, she was a whore in that movie...nevermind

No but I saw 'Pretty Woman"...but she was a whore, too.

Edited by Crazysight

I am questioning it from the beginning, but only because she is a stirpper and for that reason alone am leary, not for any other reason particular to herself that I've picked up on through our conversations. She has otherwise seemed to be rather normal to me.

Edited by Crazysight

From what I can tell, if you wanted to be an astronaut you shouldn't marry a stripper (from Independence Day) and go YouTube Chris Rock's wisdom on girls that became strippers. Otherwise, if she really, really, really loves you, it's OK.

And Pretty Woman wasn't a whore, she got paid for it so she was a professional. :D

I am questioning it from the beginning, but only because she is a stirpper and for that reason alone am leary, not for any other reason particular to herself that I've picked up on thoruogh our conversations. She has otherwise seemed to be rather normal to me.

Of course she's normal. Ignore the naysayers, run with it and see where it goes - you shouldn't be measuring her up as a "wife and mother" yet anyway.

Wait, yer a Nurse? Did you even think about taking the Medical Boards? :D

Not everyone who strips is a crackhead, or a nutjob. Just snjoy your time with her and see where it leads. If you haven't even met her yet, I think planning a long-term stable realtionship is a little premature.

Oh, and PM me the other pics, too, please.

I dated an artist about seven years ago and regretted it. I imagine that the average stripper wouldn't be any better.

Then again, not every stripper is a morally-deficient mental case with a coke problem. So perhaps there's some hope... and there's nothing wrong with giving it a shot.

I dated an artist about seven years ago and regretted it. I imagine that the average stripper wouldn't be any better.

Then again, not every stripper is a morally-deficient mental case with a coke problem. So perhaps there's some hope... and there's nothing wrong with giving it a shot.

I can see where at cat like you and an artist would not mix too well.

I say give it a try, as long as she is out of that business. I have known a couple of real independent types who supported themselves stripping through college (yes, they were artists). They have families and regular jobs now. Not everyone is a crackhead or mental case that does this.

That being said, you need to be a pretty open minded guy to get past history like that. If you can't deal with the fact she HAS BEEN a stripper, then get the sex and get out.

Oh and PM. Screw the metaphore.