[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL confiscates camera aimed at Jets bench

nhoops

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still living off the Tool-Aid I see, the player makes the #, not the other way around......and it's a pretty popular jersey outside of Panther homers, so, go ahead and have another sip.

Hmmm, atleast I show up after my team loses any given week and I don't make individual posts to gloat after a single win.

So, can the Pats be considered a Dynasty? Did the cheating help them win Super Bowls? I mean, all bullsh*t aside, this has to raise A LOT of questions. This could severely compromise the integrity of the NFL and what the Patriots have done under the Belichick regime. Goodell has to send a pretty severe message here. Suspend Belichick for the rest of the year, and don't give them a single draft pick in 2008. That would be a start.

Or we could just put an asterisk next to all their Super Bowl wins. :D

Hmmm, atleast I show up after my team loses any given week and I don't make individual posts to gloat after a single win.

That's right.....you showed up "last season" the same season my computer goes "China Syndrome"......yeah, it's a real breeze to post on the Huddle without a computer......please do tell us how that might be done there Capt. IQ.

I have no problem with Barry Bonds. To me, steroids is a lost battle.

yah, i agree, in some respect. It just sucks that the other players have to do it to keep up, or risk suffering on the field.

Buy my overall, number 1 gripe, with athletes on steroids, or cheating, or fighting dogs, is they are role models to children who are seriously envious of them, who would trade in their parents just to be them, or even be friends with them, and have a fraction of what they have. That's what I hate. It's a losing battle, until the new "growth implant" or "insta-muscle" is developed, and then roids will be obsolete.

So, can the Pats be considered a Dynasty? Did the cheating help them win Super Bowls? I mean, all bullsh*t aside, this has to raise A LOT of questions. This could severely compromise the integrity of the NFL and what the Patriots have done under the Belichick regime. Goodell has to send a pretty severe message here. Suspend Belichick for the rest of the year, and don't give them a single draft pick in 2008. That would be a start.

ahahaha

Once again, if people really think that Goodell will take away all of the Patriots' picks in this next draft, you are all crazy.

While I hope that Goodell doesn't take all the picks away, I agree a strong message has to be sent here. Unfortunately with no such precedent available, I do not know how much he can get away with. I think a harsher penalty would be to cut the PATS salary cap by 10 million. By eliminating draft picks, there is some hurt to the team but not if it's 5-7 rounders. Cutting the cap however impacts who they can sign and resign. A much bigger issue.

A couple things here. If true, it's totally embarrassing as a Pats fan. I hope there's some reasonable explanation. To think how blatant it was doesn't seem Belichickesque.

For those saying forfeit, I hope you don't mind forfeiting your fantasy points from this game either.

One person in Green Bay said they saw and removed a Pats camera man. Between him, LT, and Mike friggin' Tomlin, who has one professionally coached game under his belt, there seems to be a lot piling on.

"It seemed like they knew what we were doing out there..." has been said many times, by many people in many different sports, so that doesn't mean a thing. It's as common as "They just wanted it more", but you can read into it what you will.

It doesn't look good at this point, and again, it's embarrassing and a total let down as a fan and a kick in our faces if true. This actually feels worse than last years AFC Championship loss to the Colts.

The only real voice of reason among the whole Pat-ade sipping bunch. :wacko:

Forfiet game, suspend Bell-I-Cheat, $ fine that counts against the cap and lose a couple years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks!

I grew up as a child in NE and though a Charger fan now (since 1973), have alsways had a place in the rooting heart for the Pats. Once I sipped of the Charger cool-ade, I always enjoyed Pat success if it didn't interfere with the Chargers (same with Steelers and Dolphins).

I am ashamed of the organization, feel betrayed as a fan and have lost all respect for the organization at this point.

I'm with Sarge and Hugh on this one completely. NO HOF for Bell-I-Cheat, and in my mind, an asterisk goes next to everything they have done in recent memory.

Trying to pick up on D signals has always been a part fo the game. That is why we always used a couple of coaches to send signals in. BUT, we never used technology and doing it real time is pretty useless anyway. The turn around between reading the signal and getting it to your O is too short.

The D will almost always send signals in before the O gets their play, and D plays are called on down & distance and opponents tendencies throughout the game (game charting). This is what has always been done, FROM THE SIDELINES. It is part of the strategy and gamesmanship.

You incorporate technology, where not only do we know exactly what D they are playing, but you have a radio in the head of your friggen QB to give him a play AND where to go with it AND tell the rest of the offense as well BEFORE they break the huddle... Sorry kiddies, that is cheating. It is a MAJOR integrity question. None of which the Pats, that I have rooted for, have in my eyes anymore.

Taping the O's audibles, matching them up with the plays and giving that to the guys on the field? IF they did that too, there goes the "Defensive Genious" theory. We can replace that with the "F'n Cheater" theory if this holds true as well!

They have done it in the past, got caught, kept doin' it. SLAP 'EM HARD.

What amazes me is that as heavy as everyone was piling on Merriman last year for his cheating, how aloof some of you are to this. This is not one guy, it is a systemic, organizational practice!

I am also not suprised to see some of the Colts Fans poo-poo this. By not caring, what? It makes you look better than everyone else 'cause you can beat'em even if they are cheating!?!? :D

I thought we were supposed to stop using the childish excuse of "everyone else does it" by the time we start like 3rd grade :D

While I hope that Goodell doesn't take all the picks away, I agree a strong message has to be sent here. Unfortunately with no such precedent available, I do not know how much he can get away with. I think a harsher penalty would be to cut the PATS salary cap by 10 million. By eliminating draft picks, there is some hurt to the team but not if it's 5-7 rounders. Cutting the cap however impacts who they can sign and resign. A much bigger issue.

That is a great idea. Otherwise take multiple draft picks like a 4th & 5th rounder. That hurts too trust me. The Pats have been a model franchise outside of this incident as far as I'm aware of so it will be interesting to see if Godell has the cahonas to give them a harsh penalty. I hate to say it, but I just can't help but be suspicious of other teams doing other things as well to cheat. Winning is everything in sports and drugs and technology are just some of the aspects abused to get that so called "edge".

if it's JUST cheating by videotaping the other team's coaches, i think a couple draft picks is an appropriate penalty. but if it has also gone along with miking players and the like, that goes a lot further IMO. at that point i think very serious punishment is in order -- suspensions, forfeiting the jets game, more picks, etc.

any projections this yr for steve smith :D

I still stand by my statement of Jake Delhomme. He's a mediocre QB with tunnel vision only for Smith and Smith makes him look good. Eventually David Carr will take over that team and will give them a legitiment shot at a Super Bowl.

Panther Dave had no problems at all showing up and being very gracious when his team lost the biggest game they have had in the last couple of years.

The only real voice of reason among the whole Pat-ade sipping bunch. :wacko:

Forfiet game, suspend Bell-I-Cheat, $ fine that counts against the cap and lose a couple years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks!

I grew up as a child in NE and though a Charger fan now (since 1973), have alsways had a place in the rooting heart for the Pats. Once I sipped of the Charger cool-ade, I always enjoyed Pat success if it didn't interfere with the Chargers (same with Steelers and Dolphins).

I am ashamed of the organization, feel betrayed as a fan and have lost all respect for the organization at this point.

I'm with Sarge and Hugh on this one completely. NO HOF for Bell-I-Cheat, and in my mind, an asterisk goes next to everything they have done in recent memory.

Trying to pick up on D signals has always been a part fo the game. That is why we always used a couple of coaches to send signals in. BUT, we never used technology and doing it real time is pretty useless anyway. The turn around between reading the signal and getting it to your O is too short.

The D will almost always send signals in before the O gets their play, and D plays are called on down & distance and opponents tendencies throughout the game (game charting). This is what has always been done, FROM THE SIDELINES. It is part of the strategy and gamesmanship.

You incorporate technology, where not only do we know exactly what D they are playing, but you have a radio in the head of your friggen QB to give him a play AND where to go with it AND tell the rest of the offense as well BEFORE they break the huddle... Sorry kiddies, that is cheating. It is a MAJOR integrity question. None of which the Pats, that I have rooted for, have in my eyes anymore.

Taping the O's audibles, matching them up with the plays and giving that to the guys on the field? IF they did that too, there goes the "Defensive Genious" theory. We can replace that with the "F'n Cheater" theory if this holds true as well!

They have done it in the past, got caught, kept doin' it. SLAP 'EM HARD.

What amazes me is that as heavy as everyone was piling on Merriman last year for his cheating, how aloof some of you are to this. This is not one guy, it is a systemic, organizational practice!

I am also not suprised to see some of the Colts Fans poo-poo this. By not caring, what? It makes you look better than everyone else 'cause you can beat'em even if they are cheating!?!? :D

I thought we were supposed to stop using the childish excuse of "everyone else does it" by the time we start like 3rd grade :D

Perfectly worded. How others cannot see where this destroys the foundation of integrity blows my mind away.

I'm wondering how long this thread would be if we were talking about the Lions instead of the Patriots?

Would there even be a thread?

Interesting question. I think that since the PATS are considered a "model" franchise there has been more of an uproar. After the decision comes down Friday I wonder what Bob Kraft (PATS GM) will say. He has always maintained strong ethics and is considered one of the more influential owners.

Also does anyone recall if Miami was penalized for miking the PATS last year? I think that would establish some precedent for punishment. I do not think forfeiting the JETS game is an option however.

I think Goodell can get away with docking the PATS a #1 pick next year, knowing full well they have 2 due to the trade with Cleveland. This would establish a great precedent and put other cheaters on notice.

This is from a article that Jeff Chadiha wrote:

When Marty Schottenheimer coached the Cleveland Browns in the late 1980s, he routinely sent a scout to watch the signals opposing teams used to relay messages from coaches to players. When the scout returned, Schottenheimer's staff would watch the game film and match the signals to the plays that followed.

That is obviously not illegal by NFL rules because there is no "videotaping" taking place. That said, how is that different? People are finding ways to exploit the system and that will always happen. Doesn't make it right, but realize that teams do these kinds of things.

Full article:

Link

Edited by Goopster24

I think Goodell can get away with docking the PATS a #1 pick next year, knowing full well they have 2 due to the trade with Cleveland. This would establish a great precedent and put other cheaters on notice.

Dallas has the 2 firsts next year with the Cleveland trade.

You meant the 49ers trade.

Edited by Big John

All BS aside, do you people think that some portion of the Patriots success could be as a result of this cheating? That's the question that sheds light onto this entire thing imo.

No, because I'd like to believe all the head coaches in the league are smart enough to change their signals....ESPECIALLY Mangini considering he was WITH the Patriots. People act like this takes away all the success they have, but you still need players to go out there and perform.