[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kellon Clemens to start Sunday

HowboutthemCowboys

It has to knock them down a little bit... The guy has doesn't have the game experience as of yet...

I wouldn't be so sure. Pennington has had a tired arm for quite some time now. And yeah, while Pennington's got a boatload of experience and moxie, you gotta like Clemens' progression this offseason. I don't see much of a decline... maybe this week, but I'd feel comfortable picking Clemens up if I were in a QB bind.

I wouldn't be so sure. Pennington has had a tired arm for quite some time now. And yeah, while Pennington's got a boatload of experience and moxie, you gotta like Clemens' progression this offseason. I don't see much of a decline... maybe this week, but I'd feel comfortable picking Clemens up if I were in a QB bind.

I did that in Good VS Evil to backup Ben (4 TD) Roethlisberger. :D Most QB's were gone.

I thought that Clemmens looked better this pre-season. I think that Pennington is just to beat up and that the J-E-T-S are better with Clemmons.

Also, I think we, and the Jets, have already seen Pennington's "ceiling" in his progression. He seems he's good enough to get by and manage a game but not good enough to be able to do a few extra little things to win games.

Pennington was the previous coaching regime's 'guy'. Clemens was drafted by Mangini. It was only a matter of time.

I expect this to be ugly.

Some Jets fans have been clamoring for Clemens to play. There is a very vocal contingent (maybe 30% or so of Jets fans - but they make enough noise to make you think it's 70%) who are "anyone but Pennington" people.

In my opininion, what they don't understand is that Chad Pennington gives the Jets the ONLY chance they have to win. Think about it, the Jets have been a fairly successful franchise since Pennignton has taken reigns. Every year he's been heathy for 10 or more games, they've made the playoffs. And of those four times, they've advanced in the playoffs twice.

When you think of the Jets, who do you think of as their "franchise" player. To me, it has to be Pennington.

Now they go up against one of the best defenses in the league with Clemens making his first start. This is going to be very, very ugly.

The Ravens are 10 point favorites. If you a gambler, move the line three the other way - or tease this one up to -16 as part of a two or three team teaser.

Edit: actually as a tease, you'd move it the other way to -4 - but you get my drift. This game will not be close. It will also likely be an UNDER. I see a 24-3, 20-0 type final. If course, a fluke defensive TD could make it closer than that - but barring a fluke play, Baltimore should win by 17 or more.

Edited by Vet

The one thing Clemens has over Pennington, is a live arm & I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

While Pennington is accurate as all get out & savy too boot, D's have been cheating down on the Jets as they know that a strong arm was never Pennington's forte to begin with & now he's virtually noodle armed since the shoulder surgery. Plain & simply, Pennington seems to have a difficult time getting the ball down the field with any velocity & forget about zip on a flat trajectory of any lenght, it ain't happening.

That being said, I have no idea if the game has slowed enough for Clemens to be able to read a D & check out of a bad play into a better one if he needs to, or spot defensive disguises on the fly.

Pennington, on the other hand, can read a D in a New York second.

It's not a slam dunk that Clemens will start. Reports say Pennington was getting around pretty good on the ankle yesterday at practice, although it was Clemens getting the snaps with the first team. (Note: the reporters are only allowed to watch the first half hour of practice, so Pennington may have gotten some time with the ones) Even if Clemens threw for 300 yards and a couple TD's, it's still Pennington's job. If Pennington can play, he will start until such time the Jets get eliminated or he gets hurt again.

In either case, no one will be starting CP or KC this week... it's about how it affects the players like the WR's and RB's. I am very tempted to sit Coles against the Ravens D anyhow. On a side note, OC Schottenhiemer said that "Thomas Jones, like a lot of RB's needs more carries to be at his most effective." or words to that effect. I think the Jets will be fortumnate to score more than 14 points tomorrow, anything over 20 would shock me. More likely, 10 to 13 I think.

Season ticket holder here. And no, I wasn't cheering when Pennington got hurt last week. I am smart enough to realize that Pennington gives the Jets their best chance to win. Now, with Clemens preparing all week in practice, I honestly, don't know what to expect in this game. I am just going to say a prayer and hope for the best. Go Jets!

Season ticket holder here. And no, I wasn't cheering when Pennington got hurt last week. I am smart enough to realize that Pennington gives the Jets their best chance to win. Now, with Clemens preparing all week in practice, I honestly, don't know what to expect in this game. I am just going to say a prayer and hope for the best. Go Jets!

That's all we can do, brother! Hope for the best.

I have a feeling Pennington is going to start. I have nothing to base that on, other than a feeling and Rovers' comments above as well as other "rumors" I've heard that Pennington looke better in practice as the week progresses.

As far as the outcome of the game, however, I don't think it will make much difference this week. Unless the Jets' offensive line suddenly learned to run-block, it's going to be the old "Rockettes" offense...One, two, three, kick...one, two, three, kick....