[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers, please

Big F'n Dave

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prayers go out to you and your wife!!!

I've never been one to bring up religion or the bible, but a verse that has always helped me get through tough issues with my family when I've been scared is Matthew 19:26, which says...............

Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With man, this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible!"

Hang onto that thought while we all pray for you!

Edited by Big Dogs

An update:

JulieB's coming home today. Her cardiologist diagnosed her condition as congestive heart failure. CHF is a very broad diagnosis and not necessarily as damning as it sounds. Doc isn't sure what's caused the condition, but is still leaning towards a viral infection. He says it'll take several weeks to see how Julie's heart has responded to the torrent of medication she received this weekend.

Our primary doc called me this morning to check on her condition and seemed satisfied with the cardiologist's care. That was important to me, because our primary is a friend of mine. He'd assumed the diagnosis during her first office visit last week and feels comfortable that with treatment, Julie should be fine. He was going to contact the cardio doc himself this afternoon to discuss the situation.

I feel better today. One of the tests they conducted at the hospital assigned a numerical value to denote the heart's strength. A strong, healthy heart rates 100, and a severe CHF patient can score in the thousands. Julie's was 300 and that number can be improved if she responds well to treatment.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated, y'all. It's kinda crazy how important they are considering I can count on my hands the number of you I've met in person. But knowing that each of you are sending good vibes this way makes me feel absolutely certain I have the support of friends. Thank you.

Thanks for the update Dave. We'll keep sending the positive mojo your way.

Plus 2! Still hopin'/praying that all goes well. If I can help, don't hesitate to ask!

Hang in there, Bro!!! :D

Glad to hear the news is better and you are starting to get your hands around the issue and how to best address it. We will continue to pray for you and your wife and keep us updated with her progress and any new news you may have on the issue.

Prayers are still coming your way...