[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys overrated?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you are correct, it is too early to tell. They haven't played anyone. One thing is absolutely certain, they will be a player in the even weaker NFC, whether or not they are as good as some people think they are. 4-0 pretty much already gives them a lock for the playoffs barring an injury to Romo in the next two weeks.

It will all come out in the wash.

I think it is very clear that the offense is firing on all cylinders. The Cowboys have done what they are supposed to ... beat the bad teams and they have done it rather handidly. This is the offense we all expected with weapons like Owens, Jones, Barber, Witten, Glenn and now Romo ... except that Parcells was incapable of coaching this offense.

I think you can toss the word "over rated" around when the lose one they are supposed to ... kind of like Pittsburgh losing to Arizona or Baltimore losing to Cleveland.

I'll take my chances with this Dallas Cowboy team against any in the league, including Indianapolis.

fixed...

I think Dallas has played more than well lately regardless of their friendly schedule early on...

I think they are overachieving a little right now because there hasn't been a strong enough of an offensive team to test their defense...

last week they showed what they can do if TO gets more attention....and Crayton stepped up...also, Witten can as well..

if either Witten or TO got hurt, I think this team would take a serious hit....but right now they are "firing on all cylinders" and they aren't overrated.....yet....

Noone said anything but apologizing. The Rams and Dolphins are not nfl caliber teams right now and beating them does not provide evidence of the cowboys being a great team.

True, but ouch. Just ouch. :D

Am I missing something or where the Bears not the NFC representatives in the superbowl last year? Dallas went into soldier field and beat them down. With the exception of Mike Brown the D was in tact .No offense to the Bears fans on the boards I am more so complimenting your team then trashing..The Giants have turned things around since their Dallas loss too..Should Dallas get anointed right now ? absolutely not but to dismiss the 4-0 start and discount the Bears and even the Giants who seem to have found their D is a joke..

Edited by whomper

Am I missing something or where the Bears not the NFC representatives in the superbowl last year? Dallas went into soldier field and beat them down. With the exception of Mike Brown the D was in tact .No offense to the Bears fans on the boards I am more so complimenting your team then trashing..The Giants have turned things around since their Dallas loss too..Should Dallas get anointed right now ? absolutely not but to dismiss the 4-0 start and discount the Bears and even the Giants who seem to have found their D is a joke..

i agree ..i thought thread and title was pretty silly

Dallas is 4-0 beat up on some teams and have done nothing wrong ..they deserve top billing right now in NFC for sure as well as one of top 3-4 teams in league ..will this last ? time will tell but overall this appears to be a much better dallas team than last year

They have played the terrible offenses of Chicago, Miami, and the wounded Rams. Of course the Boys get another cupcake horrible offense this week. I look for the Patriots to score 40-50 on them next week.

Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington all have better defenses. The Cowboys will not make the Super Bowl.

Jets, Chargers, Buffalo, Cincy. Next up, Cleveland. Whoa - some real power teams there. Your measuring stick is a tad dysfunctional.

Looking forward to this game. The D is starting to adjust well to the new scheme. However, they could have some real issues if they don't get Anthony Henry back for that game.

Am I missing something or where the Bears not the NFC representatives in the superbowl last year? Dallas went into soldier field and beat them down.

Yes, your missing something. The BEARS SUCK! ! ! They've lost to Detroil and San Diego, a 1-3 San Diego team. If you suggesting they're a quality team because of what happened a year ago, i'd say you missed the boat.

Yes, your missing something. The BEARS SUCK! ! ! They've lost to Detroil and San Diego, a 1-3 San Diego team. If you suggesting they're a quality team because of what happened a year ago, i'd say you missed the boat.

They lost to Detroit after they lost 4 starting defenders..When they played Dallas those 4 players were in the line up..How different was the Bears D that Dallas played from the superbowl Bears D..Brown, Tank ? Before that game there was a lot of chatter on the boards about the Bears game being the measuring stick if Dallas is for real..They beat them soundly and that just means the Bears suck ?

Edited by whomper

Cincy ran the ball pretty well against NE and Brady looked pretty human at times when there was pressure. I think Dallas matches up pretty good against NE. Won't be a blowout either way. Overrated? I don't think so. They're not just beating these teams, they're killing them. Wasnt the Rams Def ranked like 8th?

I'm not at all a Cowboys fan but I have to say that they are clearly the class in the NFC (and by a wide margin) and I think are good enough to give the Pats or any other team a good game. I am expecting that the Cowboys will beat NE when they come to Dallas in a few weeks - not that Dallas is necessarily the better team - but I think at home they will prevail. That being said I also would not be surprised of the Redskins beat Dallas twice this year (really) - though I wouldn't be surpised if Dallas won both either. I also expect that Buffalo will not get blown out Monday night (L Evans 2-3 scores will keep them in it IMO) - though I have a hard time seeing them outright win.

The offense is great and the defense is improving each week. In any arguement/discussion facts always seem to make a statement. :D

Points Allowed:

Week 1 - 35

Week 2 - 20

Week 3 - 10

Week 4 - 7

Yards Allowed:

Week 1 - 438

Week 2 - 352

Week 3 - 239

Week 4 - 187

See a pattern!!!??? :D

They lost to Detroit after they lost 4 starting defenders..When they played Dallas those 4 players were in the line up..How different was the Bears D that Dallas played from the superbowl Bears D..Brown, Tank ? Before that game there was a lot of chatter on the boards about the Bears game being the measuring stick if Dallas is for real..They beat them soundly and that just means the Bears suck ?

Whomper is spot on here. The main reason Dallas opened up a can of whoopass on the Bears was the atrocious Bears O causing the D to be exhausted way before the end but the Bears had their starting D on the field. Dallas didn't exactly squeeze home on a last minute FG, they kicked our collective ass.

And it pains me hughly to say that because I detest the damn Cowpukes.

Typical message board fodder. Call the cowboys overrated and compare them to NE, saying how much of a test NE will be for the Cowboys.

First I agree that NE is a very good football team but lets compare their season to the Cowboys after 4 weeks:

The Cowboys have gone 4-0 winning their games by an average score of 37.8 - 18 against opponents with a combined 3-13 record

The Patriots have gone 4-0 winning their games by an average score of 37 - 12 against opponents with a combined 4-12 record

I would have to say they are pretty evenly matched actually and that both teams are really good and that the Cowboys will be as much of a test for NE as NE will be for the Cowboys.

Typical message board fodder. Call the cowboys overrated and compare them to NE, saying how much of a test NE will be for the Cowboys.

First I agree that NE is a very good football team but lets compare their season to the Cowboys after 4 weeks:

The Cowboys have gone 4-0 winning their games by an average score of 37.8 - 18 against opponents with a combined 3-13 record

The Patriots have gone 4-0 winning their games by an average score of 37 - 12 against opponents with a combined 4-12 record

I would have to say they are pretty evenly matched actually and that both teams are really good and that the Cowboys will be as much of a test for NE as NE will be for the Cowboys.

ding ding ding. Give this man a cigar.

I feel pretty confident that the Cowboys are the class of the NFC, and will only get better as the year goes on (assuming they don't get hit by the injury bug). Think about what their offense has done with out Terry Glenn. They will only get better when he comes back. Terrance Newman still isn't 100% but he is getting better. Greg Ellis still isn't 100% but he is getting better. When these two are completely healthy, the defense will get better.

I really don't see Dal beating NE in week 6, but I can see them beating them later in the year. In week 6 Newman probably won't be 100%, and Ellis won't be 100%, and the leader in INT's Henry many not even play. By the end of the year the Cowboys will be more familiar with Wade's 1 gap defesne and these 3 defenders should be healthy. Add in Tank Johnson on defense, who has a little more heft, and is definitely a better player then Jay Ratliff and the defense should be pretty darn good. Remember this is a new defensive scheme. Parcells had a 2 gap defense, and Wade plays a 1 gap defense, so there is still a learning curve. Add in Terry Glenn, and by the end of the year if they don't get hit by injuries, the Cowboys should have a legitimate shot at a championship.

All that being said, the best team usually doesn't win the Super Bowl. The team that wins the Super Bowl is usually the team with the best healthy players. So it is really too early to say anyone is going to win it all.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I'd love to see another game in each league before the Pats meet the Cowboys. Love to see Dallas face Green Bay and NE to face the Colts.

Either way, I don't know how you can call them overrated. They're playing on all cylinders offensively. Yes, the D could use a few tweaks but the season is early. GBay needs to improve their running game if they're to have any chance IMO. But the way GB is playing defense, I think you have to include them in the NFC picture.

Here's how I see it after week 4:

NFC:

Dallas

Green Bay(not just because of record)

Seattle

really nobody else

AFC:

New England

Indy

Pittsburgh(think they could hold their own against Indy but NE?)

lots of teams still have an outside shot