[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which team has the best chance to beat the Patriots?

PaulOttCarruth

Pats toughest test  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best chance to beat the Patriots?

• Eagles
    • Ravens
    • Steelers
    • Jets
    • Dolphins
    • Giants
    • Jaguars (playoffs)
    • Colts (playoffs)
    • Chargers (playoffs)
    • Cowboys (Super Bowl)
    • Packers (Super Bowl)

I'm thinking the Giants but only because I think BB will rest some of the starters or won't play them more than a half.

Translation: The only way the Pats lose is if they shut themselves down. I don't believe another team can do it.

All I do know is the Eagles, Ravens and Steelers will not take lightly to someone going for it on 4th down up by a few TD's. I'd bet the Ravens and Steelers would bring 11 on many straight plays if that were to happen hoping to put a hurtin on someone.

The first team to play all 60 minutes of the game with the same desire to win as the Pats have.

The Colts came close, within 9 minutes actually.

The Pats can be beaten but it's gonna take 60 minutes of Super Bowl quality desire to make it happen.

Or a let down by the Pats.

The team with the best chance is the Colts in the playoffs with a healthy roster

I only said the Giants assuming there is a possibility they rest their starters. But as a Giants fan, I wonder if we could even beat their backups. :D

Some might suggest that it would be poetic justice for the Pats' "classy" activities this year, if they started all of their first-stringers, hoping to go undefeated, and Osi or Strahan were to put a Carson Palmer-like hit on Brady (not on purpose, of course), and they then went on to lose that game and the AFC Championship to the Colts again. I wouldn't suggest that, however. :D

All I do know is the Eagles, Ravens and Steelers will not take lightly to someone going for it on 4th down up by a few TD's. I'd bet the Ravens and Steelers would bring 11 on many straight plays if that were to happen hoping to put a hurtin on someone.

Considering I've never seen a team send all 11 guys even once, let alone on many straight plays, how much are you willing to bet? :D

I'm surprised the Steelers are the most popular choice considering they just lost at the Jets. Look at their seven wins and tell me which quality teams are on that list (and the Charlie Frye version of the Browns doesn't count).

Seattle is the only one, and that was a home game. The remaining teams the Steelers have played are not above .500 with exception of the second Browns game which they barely won. They've only beaten Buffalo and Cincinnati on the road this year. I'm just not sure I buy that they are the biggest threat to NE this season.

I think bad weather could possibly beat the Patriots. Now that it's headed towards winter, if the Pats have to rely on their running-game due to poor weather conditions (high winds, and/or pouring rain/snow), it will make things much more difficult for them.

Edited by Crazysight

I'm surprised the Steelers are the most popular choice considering they just lost at the Jets. Look at their seven wins and tell me which quality teams are on that list (and the Charlie Frye version of the Browns doesn't count).

Seattle is the only one, and that was a home game. The remaining teams the Steelers have played are not above .500 with exception of the second Browns game which they barely won. They've only beaten Buffalo and Cincinnati on the road this year. I'm just not sure I buy that they are the biggest threat to NE this season.

In their wins, they dominated the other teams. It's tiring to see so many folks play the "schedule" card. Has nothing to do with it.

However, I think most people think the Steelers have the best chance because of the matchups. They can run it, NE has a few problems stopping the run. The Steelers can blitz very well, and get a good pass rush, which is one of the only ways to stop Brady. Also, the secondary is better than it has been in years. I still think they lose, but they won't get blown out like so many other teams NE has faced this year.

As the Colts have recently demonstrated, any team is just a few key injuries away from struggling. I've never thought the Pats would go undefeated, and honestly I think it would be better for them overall if they'd have just lost one of these games so people could stop yapping about whether they'll go undefeated. :D

I think bad weather could possibly beat the Patriots. Now that it's headed towards winter, if the Pats have to rely on their running-game due to poor weather conditions (high winds, and/or pouring rain/snow), it will make things much more difficult for them.

That's part of the reason that I was only slightly pissed off about the Colts losing to them. I don't think that they want to face Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson on the fast track of the Dome in January. IF the Colts can get some of their starters back and their D continues to play at this level, they have a decent shot of winning at Foxboro by playing ball-control and dink-and-dunk. That said, they have a hugh hole to climb out of before they even get there.

I think that the Steelers, with their zone-blitzing schemes, also match up well against NE's pass-oriented offense. But I don't see anybody else in the AFC even having a shot.

That's part of the reason that I was only slightly pissed off about the Colts losing to them. I don't think that they want to face Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson on the fast track of the Dome in January. IF the Colts can get some of their starters back and their D continues to play at this level, they have a decent shot of winning at Foxboro by playing ball-control and dink-and-dunk. That said, they have a hugh hole to climb out of before they even get there.

I think that the Steelers, with their zone-blitzing schemes, also match up well against NE's pass-oriented offense. But I don't see anybody else in the AFC even having a shot.

As the Bills were saying in their post game comments yesterday, the Oline for the Pats was harder to break down than the WRs were to cover. Now, that may be a bit of overstatement, but I do think the Pats Oline doesn't get enough credit for the incredible success of the team this year.

Considering everything that's happened so far this season (Cowboys already losing to them, all the Colts; injuries), I have to go with the Packers. We're the only team with the corners who can match up with the Pats WRs.

I don't think there's a corner in the league who can match up with Moss when Brady is throwing him the ball.