[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Study: Illegal Immigrants Use Less Health Care.

evil_gop_liars

Well, if you grew up in that culture, I guess that makes it ok. :irishwink:

:D

It's never OK put emphasis on a person's character simply by their race or the color of their skin. There may be cultural differences between different US citizens living in separate areas of the United States, but everyone has a right to be judged by their actions and not by some form of stereotype. However, Yukon Cornelius offered a witty comeback to save himself -- works for me!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you said we were a collapsing empire? Why would anyone in their right mind want to enter into such a stagmire?

Like Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned, our lawns will look meticulous after being cut by the Mexicans while America collapses.

i'd shed a tear for them but im busy following the law

Are you? Have you ever made a slight mistake on your tax return ever. Have you ever disobeyed a traffic light. Have you ever went faster than the posted speed limit? Why is it all you neocons are fascist law and order types. I agree Illegal immigration is a problem...but those people are only looking to better their life...they are not trying to be criminals. Obivously, if there were no jobs to be had here for them....they probably wouldn't come. That said, there are some jobs that probably only illegals will do. There has to be an answer somewhere between the two polar opposite factions on this issue.

FWIW, if we just simply change the law...presto pronto....no more illegals...just a thought.

Are you? Have you ever made a slight mistake on your tax return ever. Have you ever disobeyed a traffic light. Have you ever went faster than the posted speed limit? Why is it all you neocons are fascist law and order types. I agree Illegal immigration is a problem...but those people are only looking to better their life...they are not trying to be criminals. Obivously, if there were no jobs to be had here for them....they probably wouldn't come. That said, there are some jobs that probably only illegals will do. There has to be an answer somewhere between the two polar opposite factions on this issue.

FWIW, if we just simply change the law...presto pronto....no more illegals...just a thought.

Do you ever wonder how it is people who are over 18, not disabled and live on 100% welfare can decide what jobs they don't want to do?

Do you ever wonder how it is people who are over 18, not disabled and live on 100% welfare can decide what jobs they don't want to do?

To be fair, these jobs are not marketed, and there is a reason for that. The people supplying the jobs can't produce goods at a cheap enough rate if they had to pay minimum wage and employment taxes. Now, in some instances, the employer would rather pay minimum wage to an illegal versus a few dollars more an hour to an American who would actually take the job. Go and review the slaughterhouse arrests that happened this year.

If a piece of bread always lands buttered side up and a cat always lands on its feet, did you ever wonder what would happen if you tied a piece of bread, buttered side down, on a cat's back, then tossed it up into the air?

It's never OK put emphasis on a person's character simply by their race or the color of their skin. There may be cultural differences between different US citizens living in separate areas of the United States, but everyone has a right to be judged by their actions and not by some form of stereotype. However, Yukon Cornelius offered a witty comeback to save himself -- works for me!

Umm...:D I guess you didn't get my witty response to Yuke's witty response...(read: reference to past threads...)

Just curious, what law needs to be changed?

While there are many illegal immigrants that come here to make an honest living (which in itself, still doesn't make it right but it makes us feel better to say it), there are many here who are a detriment to society as well.

If a piece of bread always lands buttered side up and a cat always lands on its feet, did you ever wonder what would happen if you tied a piece of bread, buttered side down, on a cat's back, then tossed it up into the air?

Cat wins, hands down. Whomp says cats are evil and buttered bread sure is good...evil wins. :D

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

He sees illegals as simply 'undocumented americans'. This piece of schit kommie wants them to vote and get welfare.

Schitzit is a typical lieberal with Bush derangement syndrome. Wait til he comes to tell you he's not.

At some point the taxpayers have to wonder where all of this welfare money is going to come from to pay for the illegals who don't even pay taxes--? It'll go straight out of our pockets and into theirs! Great. :D

so do it legally. very simple.

do you wait in line to get into a movie theater? do you need tickets to get into the big game? there are things you have to do to get in to this country.

Edited by dmarc117

devil's advocate time

unless we have some born and bred native american Indians in the huddle and replying on this thread ..all of us came from immigrant backgrounds , be it our parents , our grant parents , etc

difference is when they came they came legally ...but they came at a time when workers where needed , the population was much smaller , the US was still growing with much land undeveloped , etc

but the main thing is they came here to look for a better life

now we speed up to 2007 ...immigrants still want a better life , still view america as the land of opoortunity , but difference is America is crowded , their is much more difficulties making a normal living , buying a home , etc for these new immigrants ..and whole lot more difficult to come here legally

so they decide to come here illegally which ofcourse most do not agree with ( heck i do not agree with either )

i am pointing out however the people's desire and willingness to come here has not changed , its just the rules that changed

sometimes a persons spirt , desires and dreams are much powerful than any rule imposed on them

with this all said , i am not condoning illegals , their beahviors or added costs they contribute to america and to tax payers

Edited by isleseeya

Just talking, I pulled an idea out of my ass. Why don't we stop penalizing businesses for hiring illegals. In reality they are rarely penalized anyway. The way I figure it, the main problem with the illegals is the financial strain the put on the system, so we need to find a way to tax them like everyone else. Of course I'd love to go to a national sales tax, but liberals will scream that it is regressive. So, why not tax their income. Have business owners not only pay the payroll tax, but deduct the income tax from any and all employees without any deductions. Then on April 15th everyone files a tax return, and the government sends most everyone that files a refund if they are legal.

That's an idea to put back in your ass: businesses hire illegals to do work for them while they avoid paying the taxes you want them to pay in your 'idea.'

No, go after the companies that hire illegals and give them reason to come here in the first place. If they travelled 1000 miles in harsh conditions to find no improvement in their lives, they wouldn't bother coming.

That includes the farming industry as well.

That's an idea to put back in your ass: businesses hire illegals to do work for them while they avoid paying the taxes you want them to pay in your 'idea.'

No, go after the companies that hire illegals and give them reason to come here in the first place. If they travelled 1000 miles in harsh conditions to find no improvement in their lives, they wouldn't bother coming.

Are we actually agreeing on something political? :D

Let's try not to make a habit of this.

I'm for that, but what do you think the illegals that are already here are going to do? Do you think they are just going to take that long trip back to Mexico where they don't have a job waiting for them? That is the main reason I'm for a national sales tax, then the businesses you bitch about can't cheat the system. I'd love to see illegal immigration come to a halt, and I'd love to see the businesses that hire them get hammered, but the reality of it is, if we do that, you just end up with a bunch of unemployed people, both the illegals and the legal residents working for the companies. Go to a sales tax, and no one can cheat. That is probably one of the main reasons Texas has a sales tax and property tax in lieu of an income tax.

Raise the sales tax on Bud Light singles in the ice tubs by the checkout counter; put it in a state trust fund for illegals going to the hospital and whatever financial burden is caused by having to press 1 for English. Problem solved.

:D

Agreed. I'm all for taxing immigrant wages (legal and otherwise) but I'm also for enforcing the rule of law. Granted, our immigration laws are pretty messed up and in need of reform. But regardless of whatever changes may be necessary, sneaking in through the back door should and will always be illegal.

Edited by yo mama

Yeah, sure.

I can think of a number of ways to easily beat a consumption tax. (You, for instance, would probably find all sorts of ways to classify your "consumption" purchases as business expenses.)

You can't write them off. That I don't pay sales tax on business expenses is on materials that are totally consumed in the construction of a non-profit. There we have to have the non-profits federal tax ID number, and can be audited for 7 years. It's not as easy as you might think. Plus, I wouldn't care if I had to pay tax on it, because I'd just pass the tax I pay on to my clients. All my work is cost plus a percentage, so I'd actually make more money that way :D