[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will you NEVER draft again?

Atlanta Cracker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady.

Because after this year, he will no doubt be a first round pick in the eyes of far too many fantasy owners and I do not draft QBs in the first round. Therefore, I will likely never draft him again not because I wouldnt want to have him on my team, but because someone else will grab him earlier than I am comfortable with. Same with Manning. I would love to have him on my team, but I am not going to use my first round pick to get him.

:D on a PPG basis boldin is top 20(17 {12.73ppg})....if you take away his last game where he was hurt he then jumps up to #13(13.89ppg)

i think what you mean to say is that his INJURIES kill his fantasy value

*PPG based on PPR leauge

Good catch. That is what I meant.

Forgot to mention Bulger. Even if he has a healthy o-line next year, I don't trust him to stay healthy.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Tom Brady.

Because after this year, he will no doubt be a first round pick in the eyes of far too many fantasy owners and I do not draft QBs in the first round. Therefore, I will likely never draft him again not because I wouldnt want to have him on my team, but because someone else will grab him earlier than I am comfortable with. Same with Manning. I would love to have him on my team, but I am not going to use my first round pick to get him.

Agree with this post entirely....I have already been thinking about this issue...where will Brady go next year in a re-draft league? Sorry don't mean to hijack a thread......Bass just hit my nail (of a thought) on the head. I am also unable to draft a QB in the 1st round....even with the last pick in a serpentine draft - I'd still not draft a QB until the 1st pick of round 2 at the earliest, but even then my RB love affair would probably stop me.

Okay who would I never draft again...most have already been mentioned here...but, I would add Roy Williams to my list - his inconsistant play has killed me as has Kitna (maybe as my backup QB NOT as my starter again) and Kevin Jones....okay most Lions EXCEPT for Hanson - that guy is ageless and domes help him too keep going strong. Thomas Jones too. Frank Gore - I would draft him, but not higher than round 2 or 3 if the 49ers don't give me any reason to believe they are changing things.

More thread hijkacking....who would you draft next year that you had previously sworn to "never" draft again....for me it woud be Jamal Lewis and Fred Taylor....both made me believe this year....not first rounders though.

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

I NEVER get one of the QBs that is percieved to be the top QBs in the coming year ... like Manning this year and Brady next year. Because I don't draft QBs before the 5th round.

I've always had pretty good luck picking up a couple of QBs after almost everyone has one but before anybody takes two. Ended up with Romo and Leinart this year and at least one worked out!

I've always had pretty good luck picking up a couple of QBs after almost everyone has one but before anybody takes two. Ended up with Romo and Leinart this year and at least one worked out!

In my local I drafted Vince Young and Alex Smith ... dropped Smith and nabbed Campbell from waivers before week 1. Since then I have cut VY and acquired Warner.

In Hannibals I snagged Romo in the 5th round of a mandatory 3 player keeper league. Took Eli in the 8th.

Unless they fall to dramatic depths, guys I'll be leaning away from include:

Jamal Lewis (his last hurrah was this year...I'll let someone else draft him a few rounds too high)

Deion Branch (more hyp than real production from a supposed #1 WR)

Cedric Benson (he's a bum...I'd never want to root for him to do well)

DeShaun Foster (thought this might be the year, and sadly, they gave him the chance for it to be....he's cooked)

Ahman Green (I drank the kool-aid, and felt he would do well for a 5th-rounder in Kubiak's system...guys knees are shot)

Any Eagle WR (with the way they spread the ball around, its like Russian roulette every week as to who will get the rock)

Rudi Johnson (he will never be worth my 1st round selection..I'll gamble on someone's upside vs. dealing with the disappointment that is Rudi))

Clinton Portis (ditto...plus, he's a Vick-lover, and that truly disgusts me)

Lot of you are saying guys you'll avoid next year. That's fine, but don't think that's where AC was headed. This is guys you'll never draft as you will always have them rated about 5 rounds worse than everyone else.

Ced Benson is a guy like that for me - next year, maybe he's a 6th rounder (no idea right now really) in most drafts. I'd wait till round 14 to get him probably so will never draft him.

Another guy I'm like that on is Carson Palmer - I just don't like him, and because of that I always either draft one of the otehr top tier guys in the first 6 rounds, or wait till round 8 to 10 - means I'll never get Palmer

Never say never... I had Jamal Lewis on my "do not draft" list for this year.

As did I.I also had Favre on that list because he killed me last season.Every year I do it with one player.I have not learned my lesson.

Lot of you are saying guys you'll avoid next year. That's fine, but don't think that's where AC was headed. This is guys you'll never draft as you will always have them rated about 5 rounds worse than everyone else.

Ced Benson is a guy like that for me - next year, maybe he's a 6th rounder (no idea right now really) in most drafts. I'd wait till round 14 to get him probably so will never draft him.

Another guy I'm like that on is Carson Palmer - I just don't like him, and because of that I always either draft one of the otehr top tier guys in the first 6 rounds, or wait till round 8 to 10 - means I'll never get Palmer

First off, I find it hard to believe you would pass on Cedric Benson in, say, the 10th round, assuming he's either starting or a primary carrier in an RBBC. Seriously... And if you did, you'd be making a mistake.

As for me, I can't look past next year. Player values can change too much year-to-year. It would be asenine for me to make the blanket statement that I will never again draft Cadillac Williams. What if he comes back for 1200 and 11 TDs next year? By saying I'll never draft a guy, I might miss out on a good opportunity if he slips to me at decent value. I thought Jamal Lewis was done going into this season, and I had dropped him in value to the point that I was highly unlikely to ever get him. Sure enough, he went about 2 rounds earlier than I'd have gotten him.

Coming out of an FFL season, I might say "Man, I'll never draft Vernon Davis again" or I'm not touching Eli Manning in next year's draft". They both came nowhere near expectations this year. But reality is that I might draft anyone if the circumstances make sense. There are certain players that I will value lower than most other owners, but sometimes I'm surprised by what falls to me in the draft. You have to be ready to pounce on opportunities sometimes.

i have to agree - i would take any of these guys in the 19th round of a 14 team draft

I had Ronnie Brown last year and didnt want to draft him again,but he was available later than I had figured so I had to.His production in the new offense was a pleasant surprise while it lasted.

Edited by xtra