[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Call For T&P

jaxfactor

Well, I guess I didn't realize the seriousness of the situation. I got a call less than an hour ago from my brother in law. He explained that my sister is being kept alive but that even if they got her heart started again she'd be a vegetable. As he cried(Never heard him cry) he held the phone to my sister's ear and let me say my goodbyes. Man, this is tough. My oldest sister will be giving the order shorty not to resesitate. At least I know my mom and dad are there waiting for her. Just wanted to let y'all know because I won't be around for about a week with no PC access. I will be leaving for Chicago probably some time tomorrow. Man, this is hard. She's only 49 years old. Was so hard to accept and say my goodbyes but I asked her to give mom and dad a big hug for me and that I'll see her again. I'll read any well wishes when I get back and don't fret it if you didn't see my post as the first I heard of this was last night. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and ask for good vibes for mine and my other sister's safe trip to Chicago. I have one sis that lives here in Jax. I can't help myself as I'm crying like a baby. Was very close to her and other sis here in Jax as we were the youngest 3 of 7. Peace and I'll talk to y'all next week.

Jax

Damn. Damn. Damn.

Peace brother.

You probably wonder why I'm still checking in here. I have nothing left to do except confirm my flight plans. Maybe it's because I really do believe you all are like family to me, even though I've never met you. My sister officially passed away at 7:15PM EST. I am just numb right now and keep giving myself a pinch to make sure this isn't just a bad dream. I wish I had time to meet some of my Chicago Huddlers but right now I just don't know. CD PMed me so I will leave my cell phone number with him in case someone up there may wish to contact me. I will be staying in Batavia more than likely as that's where my other sister lives. If I have time to step away(no guarantees), would love to have a beer with some of you. But as you know, more important things to take care of. Talk to y'all soon.

You probably wonder why I'm still checking in here. I have nothing left to do except confirm my flight plans. Maybe it's because I really do believe you all are like family to me, even though I've never met you. My sister officially passed away at 7:15PM EST. I am just numb right now and keep giving myself a pinch to make sure this isn't just a bad dream. I wish I had time to meet some of my Chicago Huddlers but right now I just don't know. CD PMed me so I will leave my cell phone number with him in case someone up there may wish to contact me. I will be staying in Batavia more than likely as that's where my other sister lives. If I have time to step away(no guarantees), would love to have a beer with some of you. But as you know, more important things to take care of. Talk to y'all soon.

Come here all night if you need to. We will all support you and "listen" to you.

Jax, I am so sorry to hear this and you and your family will be in my prayers. Having lost a very close brother recently and 2 overall I know how you feel. Just try and remember the good times you had together. It isn't an easy thing to go through by any means and we are here for you.

Jax, all the best to you and your family during this tough tme. Hope you have a safe flight today and a good trip. The one good thing about funerals is seeing a lot of people you haven't seen in a while, hopefully that will help some.

Well, I'm brack from a very sad trip up north. I appreciate all of your T&Ps and it was very comforting reading them. Unfortunately, my sister was pretty destitute. It was very hard going to her apartment on Wednesday and taking a few things with us. I feel bad for my sister in Batavia as she will have to go back there and totally clean the place out. I wanted to help in this but the time was just not available. My brother-in-law was being honored Saturday as Citizen Of The Year in Batavia and we really thought that this was going to put a damper on his plans. But as he stated to us all, it was a bittersweet week as all the remaining 6 siblings were able to hang around and attend this very special night. I am the youngest of the 7 where my departed sister was the 3rd youngest. She was a fighter and we all thought that she would once again fight her way back to health but it just was too much to overcome. She had pnemonia in both lungs and that was listed as the cause of death along with multiple organ failure.

We had a very nice memorial service for her and will have her remains either buried in Batavia or my mom and dad's plot in Pittsburgh sometime this summer. The theme of the memorial was "hospitality" as my sister, as destitute as she was, was always thinking of others. She had a couple envelopes in her purse addressed to various charities with $5-$10 in each. My one sister recalled a story that the minister told of her and my sister going to an Italian restaurant in Chicago. My departed sister noticed an old woman sitting by herself and asked the other if she would mind if she invited her to join them. That's the way my sister was. Her corner bar buddies showed up at the service and some of them were overwhelmed with grief. I can't remember the name of the bar but the next time I'm there I want to stop by and have a drink with them in honor of my sister.

This is so surreal right now. I still can't believe she is gone. I have yet to have my minutes to sit, reflect, and cry by myself but I'm sure they're coming. Even though she lived in Chicago and rooted for the Bears, she never forgot her roots and always cheered for the Steelers and called me when they did good. I did the same for her when the Bears made it to the SB last year. She was a hugh football fan like myself. I will feel a little empty next year during football season expecting the phone to ring but knowing it just won't happen anymore. She's with mom and dad now and I find peace in knowing that she'll be there waiting for me when it's my time. Hopefully not for awhile though. Thanks again all for the kind words.

Jax

P.S.- I have officially had my fill of cold weather for the year. As RnR and other Chicago Huddlers will know, it was colder than cold this past week up there. I saw and felt subzero temps for the first time in 20 years and I really have to commend those of you who live in that chit! No thanks! I'll stay here in warm Florida thank you very much. 9 below wih a 25 below wind chill was no picnic for this Florida boy. :wacko:

Keep hangin' in there, Jax!

BTW....I read the story about your BIL. Great stuff. :wacko: Batavia is a very nice town! Your family should be proud. What made it more interesting was he did some growing up in my hometown Cicero!