[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The police are trying to steal my beard!

seminoles

Well, this is a situation I never thought I'd be in. First thing first, at my school there is a beard competition that was open to everyone. On Jan. 18th everyone who was doing it had to be clean shaven and pay $2 to get in. To no one's surprise I entered the contest and was one of the "favorites" to win what I believe is around $80. Contest ends Feb. 4th or 5th, something like that.

And now I just got a call from a sheriff asking me to go out and do some work that I've done in the past, the only problem is that I usually have to be clean shaven or at most a little scruffy. This happens because theoretically if someone took one of their tickets to court they could claim that me having a beard would be the police trying to trick him into an illegal situation (the exact phrase slips my mind)

So I have three options....

1. Do the police work

2. Stay strong with the beard contest

3. Try to explain to the sheriff (a good friend) that me having a beard would not jeopardize anything since I am not growing a beard for the police work but instead for a school competition

I know this is extremely trivial but still I just find it a little humorous to be such a situation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are trying to steal your girlfriend ????

your gay ? a beard is also slang for pretending to have a girlfriend to hide fact one is gay

There is nothing wrong with that by the way :D

:D

Man you're quick

They get them to try and buy booze from mom and pop convenience stores, gas stations, restaurants etc...

Narc.

If that was the case, you'd think they'd want him to have more of a beard so he would look older when trying to buy booze. :wacko:

If that was the case, you'd think they'd want him to have more of a beard so he would look older when trying to buy booze. :wacko:

The theory is that would amount to some sort of entrapment which is lame. Well, so is being a teenager who agrees to do this, of course. None the less, one would think the fine would stand even though the kid had a beard. I'm sure it doesn't make him look 40 and they wouldn't be using him if he didn't look somewhat older than normal.

Interesting story. When I had my little noodle shop, I had one of these sleazy little f'er try to buy an O'douls from one of my cashiers. Hell, I didn't even know if that was illegal to sell N/A beer to minors. Apparently it is. Good thing is, my manager knew this and stopped the transaction. They left and an officer came in to congratulate us on doing the right thing.

Talk about freaking lame. Trying to bust someone on a technicality. I mean, the reason you're not supposed to sell to minors is so they don't get drunk. :D

Interesting story. When I had my little noodle shop, I had one of these sleazy little f'er try to buy an O'douls from one of my cashiers. Hell, I didn't even know if that was illegal to sell N/A beer to minors. Apparently it is. Good thing is, my manager knew this and stopped the transaction. They left and an officer came in to congratulate us on doing the right thing.

Technically....there is a small amount of alcohol in O'douls.....I think they list it at .4%.

Technically....there is a small amount of alcohol in O'douls.....I think they list it at .4%.

There is more alcohol in a loaf of bread that a bottle of odouls.

I used to buy odouls everynight for lunch when I worked as a night stocker at a supermarket... they never said no.

... of course I did this out in the open for all to see so they wouldn't wonder why I had reaking beer breath... and was drunk by the time my shift was over every night. :wacko: