[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A profession other than what you currently do

whomper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be interested in playing professional poker. It's certainly not a glamorous job, though playing a game for a living would be kinda cool. Getting married and having kids has made poker more of an occasional hobby for me at best, but a group of my friends are getting together to play in a series of local events here to send one of us to the WSOP next year.

I don't think I'll ever gamble for a living though (no matter how good you get, it's still gambling). Plus a guy I used to play cards with hung himself this past summer, and it kinda has me spooked. He went to Vegas to try his hand at making a living playing poker, got into deep debt, and apparently didn't think he had other options. A sad story really...

Strangely, I think I might really enjoy being a tax professional. I am pretty familiar with the industry, and given the right situation, you can pretty much make your entire year's worth of salary between January and April. Plus, I've always enjoyed crunching numbers... Sounds lame, I know. But I'm not sure I could handle missing out on March Madness if I had that gig. :wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

The driver gets pissed and tries to throw another coin in and the guy in the backseat blocks the shot again and taunts him. The next scene cuts to all 4 guys out of the car in full 2 on 2 with passengers from other cars outside their cars cheering. The climax is one guy goes for a twon hand slow motion dunk of the coin and sends it home right in the face as the defender falls.

:wacko: i wouldn't quit your job selling panties just yet :irishwink:

anyway, things i'd love to do:

minor league baseball scout

free jazz record label owner/producer

backup NFL quarterback

ethnomusicologist/missionary/orphanage-operator in zimbabwe

belgian trappist (beermaking) monk

something i may actually consider doing someday:

going back to school in order to teach at the college level

You'd just find a way to make the system even MORE complicated.

I prefer to think of it like this:

It would be fun to have a job where taking advantage of an information asymetry built upon epistemic opacity is inherent in the endeavor.

I have worked a lot of fun jobs:

A sculptor's assistant (Made monumental bronzes for zoos)

A computer game designer/programmer

A toy designer

A toy Product Manager (Got to write and produce several commercials for this one.)

An Art Manager for Mary Engelbreit

The thing is, none of those things paid all that well.

But the military-industrial complex? cha-ching!!

But what I really want to do is direct. :wacko: