[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has Anyone Seen PantherDave?

jaxfactor

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he will be welcomed in leagues, just not as treasurer. After this he contacted one of our leagues and decided to leave. Leaving before the draft is a good thing.

Leaving a week before RFA isn't but hey at least we called him to find out if we should save his spot. :wacko:

I run a couple local leagues in the Phoenix area and there's just no excuse for 4 months w/o payment. (I give all owners my cell # as well. Usually only used to call me to meet up somewhere on a Sunday, but they have it regardless).

If my computer crashed/etc, I would of went to the library.I'd would have no question felt the obligation to do so. We all have issues in life/busy lifestyles. If you're that busy (for 4 months?!?), you shouldn't be holding the cash.

I ask for all $$'s to be paid before drafting (don't pay; you don't draft). Timely payments to me = qucky payouts to you. (7-10 days after the last game of the season tops).

Not knowing how much $$ is involved (which really isn't the point), I stilI commend Jax for his patience.

Edited by cory_n_az

I've been owed SB winnings in a local for 2 yrs. now. Fact is I value the commish's friendship more than the green, and he had a fairly good reason. That being said several other longtime owners opted out after learning the payout was spent . The league has pretty much died.

Poop happens ; and aholes make it happen.

[barbrady]Okay, let's move along now. Nothing more to see here folks.[/barbrady]

Now that this is resolved, can't we get back to more relevent topics, like how great a QB Michael Vick would be right now if he weren't being forced by da' man to be Bubba's love toy?

[barbrady]Okay, let's move along now. Nothing more to see here folks.[/barbrady]

Now that this is resolved, can't we get back to more relevent topics, like how great a QB Michael Vick would be right now if he weren't being forced by da' man to be Bubba's love toy?

isn't it ironic that bubba is doing him doggy style?

• 2 weeks later...
Just talked to PD again over lunch here and got a little bit more about what had happened. PD had a CC tied to his Paypal account and USAA (Credit Union for military people and their families) the CC account, called him about a suspicious authorization on their account that was out of the norm. They confirmed that they did not authorize the purchase can they suggested that they have their PC checked out to see how the people got their information. They did that and found they must have got a spyware program put on the PC and since they often get the PC on with a open connection the "hacker" gleaned information off their computer. This caused them to go into protection mode and they got off the internet access, EFTs, and electronic communication via their PC and banking and credit accounts, etc.

During that time, he had been working on two remodeling projects, one small and one larger one and both of the people stiffed him for payment, the larger one was over $12K so all the labor, materials were in someone's house and they decided not to pay PD, so he will now after sue this person to get his funds back. So, between the Paypal fraud issue and getting stiffed on a big job that he laid out the money to complete he was managing through all of that....

The good news is that I gave him Jax mailing address and he will be getting the check out to him within the next week. :D

PD said he will likely need to buy a new PC and he hopes to be back online sometime in June or July.

Jax can stop by when he actually receives the check to show that the circle has been closed and he has been paid and this thread can be closed.

Hey Jax , did you get paid yet ?

I was just looking through some BoTH league stuff and thought about this situation and was wondering exactly what Isy stated above. So, does anyone know if Jax has been paid yet? Nothing against PD as he's a great guy, I'm just curious as it's been 3 weeks since PSU's post and 2 weeks after the check was supposed to be mailed. :wacko:

I was just looking through some BoTH league stuff and thought about this situation and was wondering exactly what Isy stated above. So, does anyone know if Jax has been paid yet? Nothing against PD as he's a great guy, I'm just curious as it's been 3 weeks since PSU's post and 2 weeks after the check was supposed to be mailed. :wacko:

I heard he's been posting under the name Chappy :D

I usually used to spend league funds on hookers and blow then get a loan to pay the winnings. I've always been very responsible like that. :wacko:

I never invested my league funds for one on one sessions, but for years, I'd always mix the money with my own and it felt like a debt every year paying the payout. A few years ago, i finally set up a separate account. Last year I collected over 12 thousand dollars in multiple leagues, its a damn good thing I had the money set aside, as things have tightened up in my business, if not I could have found myself in PD's situation..........I'm thankful I made the smart decision to separate the funds.

Are you in the league?

Are you in the league?

Was. Not anymore.

I never invested my league funds for one on one sessions, but for years, I'd always mix the money with my own and it felt like a debt every year paying the payout. A few years ago, i finally set up a separate account. Last year I collected over 12 thousand dollars in multiple leagues, its a damn good thing I had the money set aside, as things have tightened up in my business, if not I could have found myself in PD's situation..........I'm thankful I made the smart decision to separate the funds.

:wacko:

How is this anyone's business but Jax's and PD's? Jax came forward looking for contact info, which was provided by PSU. Anything further on this topic is out of line.

I haven't posted in this topic until today. I couldn't agree more.