[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jared Allen trade rumors

Savage Beatings

Heard on KFAN on my way to lunch today (sorry no link yet)... reporting that Jay Glazer is saying that both the Vikes and the Bucs are in deep trade negotiations for Chiefs DE Jared Allen. They said Allen is coming to Minnesota this weekend, and tentatively scheduled to visit Tampa next week as well.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a credible rumor. It's been a very poorly kept secret that MIN wants a good DE in the worst way, and they haven't had much luck in drafting one with high picks in recent years. Allen is playing as well as any DE in the league right now, but he does have the suspension issue looming over him.

I wouldn't be surpised in the least to see MIN swap their first rounder to KC for Allen and a lower pick - with the one caveat that Peterson is such a damned cheap GM and that trade would entail his paying for 2 upper 1st round picks.

Edited by Bronco Billy

That's a credible rumor. It's been a very poorly kept secret that MIN wants a good DE in the worst way, and they haven't had much luck in drafting one with high picks in 20 years. Allen is playing as well as any DE in the league right now, but he does have the suspension issue looming over him.

I wouldn't be surpised in the least to see MIN swap their first rounder to KC for Allen and a lower pick - with the one caveat that Peterson is such a damned cheap GM and that trade would entail his paying for 2 upper 1st round picks.

Fixed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351406

Smith reported that according to sources, the Vikings appear to be a front-runner because they have, and are willing to deal, Kansas City what it wants most -- draft choices.

Tampa Bay only has five picks in this year's draft and, according to sources, the Bucs are reluctant to include more than a first-round pick for Allen. The Bucs have offered their first-round pick and a fifth-round pick next year, and their proposed deal could also include defensive lineman Jovan Haye, Smith reported.

Meanwhile Minnesota is considering offering its first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2009, while the Chiefs would prefer to deal for picks in this year's draft, sources told Smith.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. ESPN reporter Michael Smith contributed to this report.

Back on subject...This leaves a big question mark opposite Hali in KC & I think it would really damage Hali's value. On the other side, Allen would likely take over for Udeze who has been diagnosed with Leukemia with a rotation on the other side of Erasmus James, Ray Edwards & Brian Robison. Whichever is not injured and/or sucking it up at the time. :wacko:

I can't really see him going to Tampa. He'd be great for Gaines Adams, but Marques Douglas has played well enough not to warrant giving up a high pick for. IMO the Vikings are in more dire need & would be more likely to give up a pick for him.

:wacko: Yeah, cause being a Brewerrs fan is so much better! :D

I didn't say that as an insult.

I think they're about the same. Add the Pirates and Twins most years too. Without revenue sharing when you get good players you know they can't afford to keep them.

My take on trading Allen......my current 2nd favorite player (slightly behind Gonzo) is that I'd like to keep him at any cost really. The guy dominates on the field...he's clearly THE best player on the whole roster. He can change a game all by himself, he makes numerous tackles, knockdowns, sacks, QB pressures and we even saw him installed on offense last year and score a TD. The guy has a motor that won't quit. I think with him along with the draft picks this team is going to be loaded with this year and next year we're sure to rebound rather quickly. Jarred is one of the top 5 def players in the league IMO and isn't a guy you want to ever sell. BB mentions the alcohol suspensions that could come down....I beg to differ...I believe him when he says it wont happen again, the guy has been a saint since his last occurance. He's dynomite on the field and I'll be upset if we trade him, especially seeing the drafting woes this organization has had, we're going to trade him for what 2 picks? So whoppdefindo,wait till they draft two flops with those picks for him and see the pitchforks come out at Arrowhead.

This is a BAD idea IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say that as an insult.

I think they're about the same. Add the Pirates and Twins most years too. Without revenue sharing when you get good players you know they can't afford to keep them.

Okay, sorry then, just touchy.....we love our teams here no matter how bad they suck when they suck.

I have an idea, how about we keep Allen and give Peterson to Minnesota for free. :wacko:

What did George W choke on....a pretzel? Maybe I'll mail King Carl a case :D

That's a credible rumor. It's been a very poorly kept secret that MIN wants a good DE in the worst way, and they haven't had much luck in drafting one with high picks in recent years. Allen is playing as well as any DE in the league right now, but he does have the suspension issue looming over him.

What suspension?