[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jared Allen trade rumors

Savage Beatings

As an Allen owner in IDP I don't know that I'm too thrilled about this... he is a top scoring D player where he's at now... sure a move to a better system could show some upside, but there's also potential he could dramatically drop off...

With the interior push the Vikings get from Pat & Kevin Williams I think he could actually be a bit better. :wacko:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter stated last night on the NFL Network that KC was seeking a first and a second round pick for Allen. He also stated that MIN had an offer of their first & third round picks on the table.

If that's true, it looks like this deal or one very similar to it is about to be consummated. Those offers are pretty damn close and KC & MIN can probably find some middle ground involving a second day KC pick, unless another team steps up & meets KC's initial demand.

Wow. A 1st & a 3rd. That seems like that's right up KC's alley. I find it hard to imagine that if that offer is legit that they will stick with a hard line for a 1st & a 2nd for him.

Wow. A 1st & a 3rd. That seems like that's right up KC's alley. I find it hard to imagine that if that offer is legit that they will stick with a hard line for a 1st & a 2nd for him.

I think the 1st and 3rd are a given, but seeing as though there are more teams interested in Allen than just the Vikings, I wouldn't blame the Cheifs for playing the teams against each other to try to get the best possible offer for him. I think that the Vikings might have to end up offering a little bit more, just to get the deal done before the competition gets a chance to make an offer. On KFAN this morning, they mentioned maybe throwing Bryant McKinnie into some kind of offer (since the KC O-Line is so depleted), but I think that was pure speculation. I can't tell you how much I would LOVE being able to get rid of McKinnie though AND then also bring in Allen!

I think the 1st and 3rd are a given, but seeing as though there are more teams interested in Allen than just the Vikings, I wouldn't blame the Cheifs for playing the teams against each other to try to get the best possible offer for him. I think that the Vikings might have to end up offering a little bit more, just to get the deal done before the competition gets a chance to make an offer. On KFAN this morning, they mentioned maybe throwing Bryant McKinnie into some kind of offer (since the KC O-Line is so depleted), but I think that was pure speculation. I can't tell you how much I would LOVE being able to get rid of McKinnie though AND then also bring in Allen!

That would be a bonus play for sure. McKinnie for Allen and resupply the OL in the draft.

Then we'd be screwed.

Then again, we're not exactly pre-season favorites for the super bowl as it sits...

Regardless of what we do with Jared, as long as Carl is the GM and Herm is hte HC, I'm not sure we're going anywhere...except back towards the top half of the draft...

Okay people I'm going to say this one last time. KING CARL is gone after this year, gone, bye bye as in no more for the chiefs! :D:D:wacko:

I would like to see this happen.

Jared Allen is one mistake away from a long suspension from the NFL. He was a good boy this year because he knows this is the year to get paid. And for those who think that all of a sudden he is a choir boy, remember this:

HE JUST OPENED A BAR.

Not the best decision for someone who is claiming to have his act together. Chiefs need to move him NOW. Because the reality is, they are rebuilding, and he is the one guy with appreciable value on this team.

And if he moves, this opens the door for Gholston on draft day. Plus, if they get another first this year, they get their O-line or corner addressed in the first round this year.

I'll take that all day.

Sorry, but I disagree with this logic. First off why not give the guy the benefit of the doubt? He made his maistakes, owned up to them (which says alot!) and promised to never do that again. I have a friend who has known Boomer Grisby all their lives and are very close. Jared and Boomer are best friends, he's said the mistakes are done, lets give him the chance to not make anymore mistakes before we assume he will. Hhe will also exit the program at some time too giving him that chance to do it again, but with your logic that doesn;t matter since he wouldn't be getting suspended for it.

Who says Gholston will be 1/2 the player that Allen is? Allen is one of the leagues best. He's THE best player we have right now.....THE BEST! :D Stupid stupid! I do not agree one bit. So you'd have traded Derrick Thomas, Tony G or Otis Taylor in their primes too? :wacko:

Another small advantage the Vikes may have is that the former player personnel guy from the Chiefs (the guy who helps with personal and negative player situations) is now with the Vikings in the same role. Evidently he played a big part in helping Allen through his bad times there, and they are very close. This kind of thing could be a big plus in Allen wanting to come here.

Do the Chiefs still have Tyler Thigpen? I know the Vikes were disappointed they lost him off their practice squad last year. Maybe he'd be a throw in on the trade somehow.

As far as wanting McKinnie gone, be careful what you ask for. Who are they going to replace him with? Especially if the first rounder is used to acquire Allen. And now talk of Birk being unhappy as well. That vaunted running game relies on a solid but thin O-line. Start dismantling that by helping your defense and you're just trading one problem for another.

From KFAN website:

Vikings head coach Brad Childress called into the Power Trip Morning Show on Friday morning, and he confirmed the Vikings’ interest in defensive end Jared Allen.

Steve Hutchinson took Allen out to dinner on Thursday night, and the Vikings will spend time over the weekend attempting to hammer out terms of a trade. Childress hinted that the chances of landing Allen are good, but there are still multiple steps to go through before a deal can be complete.

The Vikings could certainly use a dominant pass rusher to complement the Williams Wall, and to allow linebackers and defensive backs to focus more on pass coverage, and less on rushing the quarterback.

“He plays [the game] wide open,” Childress said of Allen. “He’s a million mile an hour guy.”

The Vikings will likely have to give the Chiefs a first round pick this year, and either a second or a third round pick this year, or in 2009.

The one major concern, however, is that Allen has two DUI’s, and he is only one away from facing a year-long suspension. Even so, Allen has reportedly stayed away from alcohol for roughly 18 months, and the Vikings are more interested in his football acumen, and less concerned with his off the field issues of the past.

“He’s doing a good job with himself,” Childress said. “He’s had some transgressions, but I believe he’s on the straight and narrow here. He’s as wild-eyed as ever, but he’s not touching alcohol, so that’s a good thing.”

Advantage Vikings since he's here right now talking to the team.

Vikings head coach Brad Childress called into the Power Trip Morning Show on Friday morning, and he confirmed the Vikings’ interest in defensive end Jared Allen. Steve Hutchinson took Allen out to dinner on Thursday night, and the Vikings will spend time over the weekend attempting to hammer out terms of a trade. Childress hinted that the chances of landing Allen are good, but there are still multiple steps to go through before a deal can be complete.
. :wacko:

Interview is in the link above...

Savage - you beat me to it...

Edited by Outshined

If we give up a 1st and 2nd, we wouldn't have any day one picks. I think the draft starts at 3pm this year and only 2 rounds on day one. It sucks for the people that bought tickets to the draft party....

We can all just sit around and drink beer with Jared Allen. :wacko:

I like Allen but not sure a 1st and 2nd straight up might be too steep. Would rather see McKinney and a 2nd or a 1st and a 3rd. Or McKinney and next years 1st.

Interesting twist on Thigpen, maybe KC does throw him in....

Ok ... so MIN wants Thigpen and Allen.

KC could use McKinney and some draft picks.

How about:

MIN sends: 1.17, 2.17, McKinney

KC sends: Allen, Thigpen and the 5th rounder we got for Trent Green

Edited by muck

I don't think, at this point, trading McKinnie is a very good idea. I think they need to keep him in place until they know they have something solid to plug in at that position. The thought of the current right side and a rookie protecting T-Jax' blind side is not something I want to run with right now. I think they need an OL-man early in this draft, anyway, but not as a requirement if they dump McKinnie. Better keep solid there, too, considering what you have in the backfield - a star running back, and an arguable QB.

Ok ... so MIN wants Thigpen and Allen.

KC could use McKinney and some draft picks.

How about:

MIN sends: 1.17, 2.17, McKinney

KC sends: Allen, Thigpen and the 5th rounder we got for Trent Green

Get her done

Any Mock that I did, where I threw names around based on team needs, I found it very lucky for the Vikings to even get the 3rd best DE in the draft in Harvey. From what I've heard, there's a definite drop off from him to the next availaible. I'm not sold on McKinnie as being a solid player on the OL. If another team wants him in a deal, that would be fine by me. Get somebody more committed to playing football than McKinnie is.

Two things. No, we don't need Thigpen back. It amazes me how many people are excited over this 7th round pick we let go. :wacko:

The other, Mckinnie gets thrown in every conversation these days due to his pending legal problems. Not sure he's really on the trading block. But with that said, we probably won't have him for half this coming season for one thing. The other....if you think he was protecting any of our qbs back sides over the last 2-3 years, I'm not sure what games you're watching. :D The guy has turned into a liability in pass blocking cuz he's too damn fat and slow. I will give him credit for still being fairly solid when it comes to run blocking, but mostly cuz he's so fat by the time a defender gets around him, Adrian is already gone. :D

I don't think, at this point, trading McKinnie is a very good idea. I think they need to keep him in place until they know they have something solid to plug in at that position. The thought of the current right side and a rookie protecting T-Jax' blind side is not something I want to run with right now. I think they need an OL-man early in this draft, anyway, but not as a requirement if they dump McKinnie. Better keep solid there, too, considering what you have in the backfield - a star running back, and an arguable QB.

:wacko: So how would it help your Chiefs?