[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention, Minnesota Huddlers!

j2v

Calling all Huddlers in Minnesota (western Wisconsin also acceptable, and if you're an out-of-towner who just happens to be visiting feel free to join us as well)!

Being new to this Huddle thing, not to mention a bit of a loner since DMD is in Texas and Whitney in Folsom, I'd like to rally any and all Huddlers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area (or those up for a drive) to gather at a local watering hole and talk some fantasy football. Who knows, maybe we can even make this a semi-regular happening... or maybe there's already a semi-regular Huddle happening and I just need to finagle myself an invite.

Anyway, I know everyone has a busy summer schedule so I'd like to toss a date out there and see if we can make it work. I'm thinking a Monday or Wednesday evening in mid-July, so let's start with Monday July 21 as our first possibility and go from there. And since I'm scheduling, I'll throw out a venue near and dear to my heart (and home): the Buffalo Wild Wings on Robert Street in West St. Paul. All of the above are negotiable, but we'll roll with this as a starting point.

If you're interested in joining in, let me know by posting here or PMing me. If you'd prefer a different date or different venue, let me know that as well. From there we'll finalize the gathering and get down to talking some fantasy football.

2V

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a league of Huddlers that run a local draft. Savage rounded us up. It would be a thrill to have you be there for that. We draft in the MSP area. Btw, I live 35 miles south of Rochester.

Check out the UFF-DA league in the Huddle forums.

I'd also like to add, that I work in Rochester near the clinic. Since it's a retail store, anyone that's ever in the area is free to stop in anytime. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

Nice to see this drawing some interest! I figured with as many "Minnesota"s as I was seeing in the location box on the forum profiles that there would be a local Huddle league. Mikes, Savage, let me know when and where the draft is and I'll see if I can show. I'm always game to show up at someone else's draft and mock everyone else's picks!

Darin--I believe he shot a man in Reno... you know, just to watch him die. When he hears the whistle blowin', he hangs his head and cries.

Outshined--I spend a great deal of time in your city, as my wife was born and raised in Faribault and still has family there. And you would be just a hop, skip and jump from Robert Street, though if there's a strong southern suburbs contingent we can swing that way and maybe have a gathering in Eagan. Or the KOD, whatever that is. I'm sure I've never been there. :wacko:

Gen. Itals--Isn't Gabe's a Packer bar? Not that I'm against mingling; anywhere the beer is cold is fine by me. I do try to hit a handful of Saints games each year; maybe there's another Huddle outing to be had here?

Alex--I'm certainly not against doing multiple gatherings, maybe one on the safe side of the river and one closer to the Gagliardi football mecca in the western suburbs.

Taz--You live in San Diego. Next time we get two feet of snow and it's 40 below while you've got your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand, we'll talk jealous.

2V

Gen. Itals--Isn't Gabe's a Packer bar? Not that I'm against mingling; anywhere the beer is cold is fine by me. I do try to hit a handful of Saints games each year; maybe there's another Huddle outing to be had here?

2V

Soooooo, that's why that place reeks of cheese! Since, I'm not a Vikings fan, it never really bothered me before. I just liked the fact it was within crawling distance of my place. :wacko:

Uh....who is j2v and why is this gathering of homos pinned on the main page :wacko:

Puddy-

Allow myself to introduce... myself. I joined the Huddle staff in April and am trying to use the dead zone before the drafts start to get to know the regulars. As there seemed to be an inordinate number of Minnesotans, and that being where I'm based, it seemed logical to hook up for a beverage and some general swapping of football knowledge.

And if there's one thing I've learned in my brief time here, it's that the proper term is "ghey".

2V

Puddy-

Please allow me to introduce...myself

Im a man of wealth and taste

Ive been around for a long, long year

Stole many a mans soul and faith

And I was round when jesus christ

Had his moment of doubt and pain

Made damn sure that pilate

Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guess my name

But whats puzzling you

Is the nature of my game. I joined the Huddle staff in April and am trying to use the dead zone before the drafts start to get to know the regulars. As there seemed to be an inordinate number of Minnesotans, and that being where I'm based, it seemed logical to hook up for a beverage and some general swapping of football knowledge.

And if there's one thing I've learned in my brief time here, it's that the proper term is "ghey".

2V

:wacko: