[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention, Minnesota Huddlers!

j2v

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puddy-

Allow myself to introduce... myself. I joined the Huddle staff in April and am trying to use the dead zone before the drafts start to get to know the regulars. As there seemed to be an inordinate number of Minnesotans, and that being where I'm based, it seemed logical to hook up for a beverage and some general swapping of football knowledge.

And if there's one thing I've learned in my brief time here, it's that the proper term is "ghey".

2V

Ahh....that explains it well enough. You didn't kill Dr. Phil and take his spot did you. :wacko:

Enjoy your beers with your fellow Vikings fans. It's definitely wise to start drinking now in order to stomach watching Tavaris Jackson this year.

Ahh....that explains it well enough. You didn't kill Dr. Phil and take his spot did you. :wacko:

Enjoy your beers with your fellow Vikings fans. It's definitely wise to start drinking now in order to stomach watching Tavaris Jackson this year.

No doctors were harmed in the making of this website. And despite Jared Allen's assertions about his 20 months of sobriety, I agree that it's not difficult to see TJax single-handedly knocking him off the wagon.

Let me stress that you don't have to be a Vikings fan to come hang with us, though given the local I'm sure the purple kool-aid will be flowing freely. The only prerequisite is Huddler-hood, which implies a serious interest in fantasy football. And if the date I tossed out is an obstacle I am more than willing to shuffle things around. Tuesdays and Thursdays in July will be tricky as I spend those evenings extending my five-year unbeaten streak as a t-ball coach. It helps that we don't keep score. But Mondays and Wednesdays starting in mid-July are pretty open, and August is mostly open up until the drafts start filling up the schedule. Like I said, I'm open to moving this bit around the Twin Cities and having it be a semi-regular happenstance.

2V

We'll probably open up with some Lions jokes then see if there's time left to talk about anything else. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm may have to report you to a higher authority. link

No! Not to Souch! I'll plead my case. There will be plenty of time for them to get their I Tried trophies in Class A, Class AA, Class AAA, Class AAAA, etc. when they get to high school. The goal for the 4- and 5- year olds is to keep them from getting hurt, to have them run the bases in the right direction, to get them to use the bats on the t-balls instead of each other, to prevent them from eating sand, etc. By the time they move up to coach-pitch in first grade they're already tracking the score in their heads anyway. Besides, my knowledge of baseball is such that t-ball is about the highest level I'm willing to coach.

Now when my son moves up from flag to tackle football this year, I'll be right there on the sidelines in my windbreaker and headset for a fourth consecutive season. I hope the third graders can pick up on the zone blocking scheme we're instituting this year.

2V

My boys wrestled when they were young. My youngest son, was in kindergarten when he wrestled. One time we went to a tournament where they didn't keep score and after the match, they called both wrestlers winners. He was po'd for a month because he beat the crap out of the other kid. :wacko: Some kids come off the mat after losing their match smiling because they were just having fun anyway. That was never the case with my kids.

I'm open to moving this bit around the Twin Cities and having it be a semi-regular happenstance.

2V

I was not able to make it last year, but not only the UFF-DA draft, they all got together late fall on a Sunday to watch Football. I am sure we'll be doing it again.

j2V,

I'll be at the UFFDA draft, but very difficult for me to get from Brainerd to metro on week night. July is very busy for me as I coach 9-10 year old baseball on Tues/Thurs and my 4 year old has T-Ball on M/W. Might be able to swing something later this fall though. Would be great to get together and watcha game at a local establishment!!!

As it turns out the 21st conflicts with me as well, so I'll toss out a new date of Wednesday July 23 to see if that works. I know weeknights will be tricky for those not in the immediate Twin Cities area, so maybe we can set up something on a weekend--perhaps in conjunction with the radio show on Saturdays on KFAN. I know we did an event out at Canterbury Park after one of the shows, and if there's another one of those in the offing maybe I can get a reserved "Huddle" section for co-mingling. Same goes for the annual fantasy football forum I do with the FAN affiliate in St. Cloud; that's usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday in late August at G. Allen's in Sartell.

And as been mentioned here, there's the UFF-DA draft and who knows what else leading up to the season. Open to suggestions.

To repeat: new proposed date & time is Wednesday July 23, starting around 6ish or so at the Buffalo Wild Wings in West St. Paul. We'll see if the new date/time works better.

2V

Heya, just checking in from a summer of baseball to see this crop up. I should be able to make the 23rd, wherever, in the Twin Cities. My baseball coaching season is over the 19th, and the wife, son and dog are going Upnorth for that week for vacation. As I don't have the extra time, I will be around and free for that date. Any inexpensive hotels close to Wild Wings there? I live out west of the Cities quite a ways, and don't want to drive drunk...keep me posted.

I too am new to The Huddle. I am a defector from 2V's former employer's forums. Being I live in SE Minnesota, this would be a fun way to meet some of the forum's regulars. Just post a date, and I will try and make it. BW3's on Roberts St is an excellent idea. I love me some wings!

I'll be in Marinette for another week & then again in a few weeks if anyone is nearby. I won't have time to travel though, so you'd have to be nearby.

That is just a little less than 300 miles to the Minnesota border. Not many Huddlers at all where you are.

That is just a little less than 300 miles to the Minnesota border. Not many Huddlers at all where you are.

I can't say I blame them. :D

jk big guy, :D It's actually very nice up here this time of year, but it looks like we have some nasty weather headed our way. :wacko:

Alright, Minnesota Huddlers, let's put this in stone

Wednesday, July 23 at the Buffalo Wild Wings in West St. Paul (Robert Street and Thompson Avenue, north of 494)

I'll be showing up around 6:00 p.m. and hang out for as long as you all want to talk football

It's entirely possible I'll have some Huddle hats to pass out as well

PM me if you need directions or just to let me know you're attending, so I can plan accordingly.

2V

Alright, Minnesota Huddlers, let's put this in stone

Wednesday, July 23 at the Buffalo Wild Wings in West St. Paul (Robert Street and Thompson Avenue, north of 494)

I'll be showing up around 6:00 p.m. and hang out for as long as you all want to talk football

It's entirely possible I'll have some Huddle hats to pass out as well

PM me if you need directions or just to let me know you're attending, so I can plan accordingly.

2V

I've emailed the UFF-DA league members as well... see you there!