[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what's your favorite mag?

hooknladder

FFI is the only one I used to get regularly. Don't think I have purchased a mag in the last 3-4 years

I am with you on that...with so much info available at The Huddle, I don't buy a FF mag except for reading on the airplane.

Yeah, Fanball the mag and website are lost without Charch, Tuvey, and Kamla...I still use it's Commissioner for 4 leagues just cuz of the year to year stats. Those 3 are FF studs tho. Now I just use The Huddle website.

Edited by jakesdad

I have been a FFI reader for years. Don't always agree wtih them, but they are by far the most legitimate of the contenders out there.

I do read a few others every year, but mostly just for laughs.

When the internet started rockin' and rollin' with the FF movement, the magazines definitely fell behind. That lasted for a few years.

Last year, though, I went back and checked out a couple of mags again, and I was VERY impressed. ESPN's product was actually very good, and FFI's content was downright outstanding. They're still comfortably at the top.

I believe that, once Web sites got big, the magazine publishers realized that they really had to dig deeper for meaningful stats and generate off-the-beaten-path analysis -- otherwise, they wouldn't be able to compete with the internet and its huge edge in timeliness.

So, we're now seeing better strategy and more interesting/unusual numbers-crunching than you get on most Web sites.

I have not bought a magazine since I joined the huddle. I had one in my hand in the airport news store the other day, but I felt shameful and just put it back.

I may have to check out FFI since it is getting so many good reviews. How do they keep it from being outdated?

I have not bought a magazine since I joined the huddle. I had one in my hand in the airport news store the other day, but I felt shameful and just put it back.

I may have to check out FFI since it is getting so many good reviews. How do they keep it from being outdated?

They don't keep it from being outdated, but the opinions they express are well reasoned and thoughtful, which is more than you can say for the majority of publications out there.

I'm certain to be in the minority here...but I love reading FF magazines. Though the bulk of my research and draft planning are performed at a couple websites, the magazines still get me. I'm always in for picking up FFI, Fanball, FootballGuys, Rotowire, Rotoworld and FantasyGuru. Call me crazy :wacko: but I enjoy picking one up when I'm out on the deck, on vacation, etc.