[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flip Flops

Skilly

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate em.

Flip flops are not appropriate footwear while out in public, people. They are what you put on to go to the shower or perhaps the pool.

Go to any mall in America these days, and I'll bet the number of flip-flop wearing hippies outnumber us God-fearing, shoe-wearing Americans by 5 to 1.

I can't stand that stupid "schwap!" sound they make every time the foot comes up, and then of course there's the issue of having to look at your dirty feet all day. STOP BEING LAZY and put on some shoes for gosh sakes!

Wow somebody else gets it. Thx.

They are so hippy/drippy gay and no-class tacky it's beyond belief. I actually see people wearing them to work all the time. How professional.

I'm sure it will surprise no one that when I wear sandals, I wear Birkenstocks.

Toe-thongs ain't fer men.

complete opposite out west - only the softest of the soft are rockin the sandal/birkenstock look.

unless you are Maximus or are teaching yoga at the local Y and driving a Prius- men should not be in sandals

My wife got me these in black/pearl to replace my similar addias-branded sandal, and they are da' bomb for comfort:

Croc Skutes

I wear them almost exclusively when casual attire is acceptible...and I thought the Croc-thing was indeed a crock, but they are the most comfortable sandal-type footwear I have ever owned.

and I thought the Croc-thing was indeed a crock, but they are the most comfortable sandal-type footwear I have ever owned.

Supposedly thongs are more comfortable than boxer briefs. Why not make the switch there too? :wacko:

My wife got me these in black/pearl to replace my similar addias-branded sandal, and they are da' bomb for comfort:

Croc Skutes

I wear them almost exclusively when casual attire is acceptible...and I thought the Croc-thing was indeed a crock, but they are the most comfortable sandal-type footwear I have ever owned.

Sure, your feet are real comfortable. But doesn't your ass hurt like all get out?

I've had a pair of Keen's for the past couple of years and think they're pretty solid.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=110220

I just bought a pair of those to bring when backpacking/camping. Once I get to the site and I don't have to lug the pack around, I'd much rather switch from hiking boots to those Keen "river sandals" (or whatever people call them) for day hikes and around-the-camp wear.

Crocs are for children, only. If you are an adult wearing crocs you look like a tard. If you a man wearing crocs, you'd be more of a man if you just slipped into some Uggs or perhaps some strappy heels.

Flip flops have their place. Beach, pool side, quick walk to corner market for some beers in summer. I own a pair of cheap ones from a trip to Belize several years back, but they're most for around the backyard stuff. Wife bought me some "nice" leather ones, but they give me blisters so I won't wear them.

I've owned a pair of Birks back in the day, but only because my hippie wife bought me a pair. I wore them for a little while, but ended up tossing them after they started growing mold after years of prolonged neglect.

Edited by yo mama

needed ones that didn't have the bit between the big and second toe so I could wear socks when it was cold.

The Asians wear socks with or without the toe thong. My wife's pet peeve is wearing sandals/thongs with socks. Even worse is wearing them with black socks.

:wacko:Me thinks thou doest protest too much! I guess a fella needs a proper pair of shoes to compliment his high-dollar watch.

I actually gave up wearing watches several years ago. Never liked how they felt on my wrist, especially under a dress shirt and suit jacket. That, and WAY too many guys wear watches like chicks wear jewelry. I'm just not that metro. There's a clock on my cell phone, and pretty much everywhere else I look. No need to walk around with one strapped to my body.

and I thought the Croc-thing was indeed a crock, but they are the most comfortable sandal-type footwear I have ever owned.

I got a pair of Crocs. Very comfortable. I'll wear them to the shower at the gym and when going out to work in the yard a bit. Taking them with me on vacation this week for lounging lakeside or around the cabin.