[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my kid flushed a toy down the toilet--advice

wiegie

Well, I finally got the toy out of the toilet, but it was not easy. I took the toilet off and tried to get the toy from the underside of the toilet, but to no avail. I then went to Lowes to buy an auger (I had already been there to buy a honey ring and wrench (we are living in a furnished rental condo for a few weeks and all of my tools are in storage). I tried getting the auger to go through from the underside, but it mostly wouldn't go through. Then it did go through and I got really scared that the clog was in the main line. So I ran a bunch of water down the main line and it seemed like it wasn't clogged there. So then I went back to the toilet and tried and tried and tried with the auger. I basically began to figure that I was going to need to buy a new toilet (although visions of having a horribly expensive main line backup also danced in my head). Then finally I stuck my hand in the toilet for about the hundreth time and finally felt something that shouldn't be in there. At that point I was thrilled that the clog was not in the main line. After a few minutes of wiggling around with my fingers, I finally coaxed the toy out of the toilet.

I put the toilet back to together and in place and now I am only worried that I reinstalled it improperly and that it will leak and caused thousands of dollars in water damage.

Thanks for all of the advice, it is appreciated. :wacko:

Edited by wiegie

Well, I finally got the toy out of the toilet, but it was not easy. I took the toilet off and tried to get the toy from the underside of the toilet, but to no avail. I then went to Lowes to buy an auger (I had already been there to buy a honey ring and wrench (we are living in a furnished rental condo for a few weeks and all of my tools are in storage). I tried getting the auger to go through from the underside, but it mostly wouldn't go through. Then it did go through and I got really scared that the clog was in the main line. So I ran a bunch of water down the main line and it seemed like it wasn't clogged there. So then I went back to the toilet and tried and tried and tried with the auger. I basically began to figure that I was going to need to buy a new toilet (although visions of having a horribly expensive main line backup also danced in my head). Then finally I stuck my hand in the toilet for about the hundreth time and finally felt something that shouldn't be in there. At that point I was thrilled that the clog was not in the main line. After a few minutes of wiggling around with my fingers, I finally coaxed the toy out of the toilet.

I put the toilet back to together and in place and now I am only worried that I reinstalled it improperly and that it will leak and caused thousands of dollars in water damage.

Thanks for all of the advice, it is appreciated. :wacko:

Yes, yes, yes, but did you change the wax ring? Inquiring minds want to know.

I would say that if it is not leaking water all over the floor when flushed the operation was a success.

• 13 years later...
On 4/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, darin3 said:

How these spammers find archaic threads to bump for their own gain is amazing to me.

Maybe it was a cliaz's alias searching for toilet/poop related threads. I imagine one about midgets is next...

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...