[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm 40...what do you have for breakfast?

tazinib1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of options from a guy who has lost 50 lbs. and kept it off for over 5 years. I ALWAYS eat breakfast and 3-5 light meals/snacks per day.

1.) My favorite quickie during the week plain oatmeal with a heaping tablespoon of PB and splenda to taste. Complex carbs in oatmeal and protein in PB to keep you full. It really is good, I didn't believe it until I tried it.

2.) Fiber One bar or southbeach breakfast bar and some light/low sugar yogurt

3.) 2 hard boiled eggs made on a weekend and kept in the fridge then some light/low sugar yogurt

Weekends, I do omelets or egg sandwiches on whole wheat bread or if I am hung over, I go all out and make homemade bisuits and gravy, but this isn't more than once a month!

PS

36, 145 lbs., and 5'9" was down to 137, but that was just too skinny

Edited by paulzale

Great. I think you will like it. remember its Turkey Breast not Turkey bacon. Spinach leaves , egg whites. Cook em all together then wrap it up. Good stuff

I made mine a little different. I cooked egg whites, spinach, and kale together. I love kale and love throwing a little in with any mixture of greens. Then I put in tomato slices before wrapping it up. Great stuff! :wacko:

2 Cups of frozen fruit (no sugar added)

2 scoops of protien powder

1/4 cup of oatmeal

1 table spoon of splenda

Put it in a blender with enough water that it blends easily.

I've been having this for breakfast and dinner, two protien bars for snacks and a sensible lunch for the last three months, and have lost 35lbs, and haven't done any exercise. I hope to find the time to exercise in about a month, so I can really start losing the weight.

2 Cups of frozen fruit (no sugar added)

2 scoops of protien powder

1/4 cup of oatmeal

1 table spoon of splenda

Put it in a blender with enough water that it blends easily.

I've been having this for breakfast and dinner, two protien bars for snacks and a sensible lunch for the last three months, and have lost 35lbs,and haven't done any exercise. I hope to find the time to exercise in about a month, so I can really start losing the weight.

Well done!

Next time we do huddle fist fights I need someone in my weightclass. Big F'n Dave wasn't fair.

We need to figure out and objective measure for the puniesthuddler with all of the different heights. My wrists measure 6 1/8 inches around.

I made mine a little different. I cooked egg whites, spinach, and kale together. I love kale and love throwing a little in with any mixture of greens. Then I put in tomato slices before wrapping it up. Great stuff! :wacko:

Great :D i am glad you liked it. Its good to add a twist based on what you like

My wife and I take B-fast very seriously and have a rotation of the following so nothing ever gets old:

Smoothie with berries, protein powder, banana, green powder, and flax oil (usually some peanut butter toast as well)

Two fried eggs with toast

B-fast quesadillas (sp? jebus I should know that!) with beans, a little scrambled eggs, onions, and salsa

Pan roasted catfish with steamed kale and rice

Cereal

Whitefish salad bagel with lettuce, tomato, onion, and cucumber

Baked beans with sausage

Pancakes and sausage (usually on Sundays or before a big ride)

Obviously, if we ate some of those every day, we'd be in trouble, but there's enough tasty stuff (that isn't too bad for you in moderation) mixed in with some super healthy stuff.

I may have that crown at 5'9" 128 lbs.

I'm 6'1", 135 lbs. About the same, but I think I have a slight edge on you.

I never eat breakfast (though waking up at noon or later kinda makes it hard to). I usually eat a light lunch then a fairly big supper when I don't work, smaller supper when I do, then quite a bit of snacking the rest of the time especially at night.

I never eat breakfast, except on the weekends and I go about a buck and a half.

holy chit there is some effing lightweights in this place

similar to fat broads you sawed-off 150 pounders should keep dat chit to yerself................

or at least lie and tack on some lb's!!!!

holy chit there is some effing lightweights in this place

No doubt - I hope there are no stiff winds in their necks of the woods...

I need to lose some weight, but I don't want to drop below 230 @ 6' 1". I appreciate being built like a man and not a 12-year-old girl. :wacko:

Didn't read the thread....

I've been up to 225. I'm under 150 now at 5'8'. When I was 18, I was 190 with a 32" waist. At 53, I'm at <150 with a 33" waist. I don't eat breakfast. I skip lunch when I wok at my new landscaping biz. So, I eat lunch maybe 3 times a week. I eat lots of greens, cut WAY back on meats, eat some potatoes (skin on) almost every day, stay VERY hydrated, and pound down a six pack every night.

I know this won't work for the average person, but with a very physical job, I almost look as good as I did when I was in my late 20's. I was like Charles Atlas when I was 18.... now, I'm smallish, but pretty freakin cut for a 53 year old man.

Increase activity in a big way, reduce meat intake and carbs to some extent, increase protien and veggie and fruit intake, and do it for a year. The first year I did that, I lost about 30 lbs. The second year, another 20. Very tough to do with a desk job I would think.

Fat people have told me how bad not eating breakfast or lunch is.... but they are fat, and I am not. It worked for me.... and that's all I'm sayin.

No doubt - I hope there are no stiff winds in their necks of the woods...

I need to lose some weight, but I don't want to drop below 230 @ 6' 1". I appreciate being built like a man and not a 12-year-old girl. :wacko:

230lbs @ 6'1" would give you some nice breasts. So maybe you like being built like an 18 year old young woman?