[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just how important are arrows?

Savage Beatings

According to CNN... Part of the $800+ Billion bailout bill includes a tax exemption for a very specific type of arrow used by child archers. The estimated cost of the proposal is $2 Million over 10 years.

Its a good thing they are so concerned with this financial crisis. We need to pass this bailout bill immediately without any consideration for how much it costs. I mean seriously people, what are young archers going to do unless we give them $2 Million right now! Thank goodness we have such amazing politicians to lead us in this dark hour. They are truly heroes. :wacko:

I heard this story today. At what point is enough, enough?? Geez, can we worry about money and the future of the country for one second, not only about being re-elected? I can't talk politics, I'm going home now.

According to CNN... Part of the $800+ Billion bailout bill includes a tax exemption for a very specific type of arrow used by child archers. The estimated cost of the proposal is $2 Million over 10 years.

Its a good thing they are so concerned with this financial crisis. We need to pass this bailout bill immediately without any consideration for how much it costs. I mean seriously people, what are young archers going to do unless we give them $2 Million right now! Thank goodness we have such amazing politicians to lead us in this dark hour. They are truly heroes. :wacko:

It's a tax break for an American based company that produces the arrows. Are you opposed to reducing taxes for American companies?

Color me confused. This isn't a spending plan. This is a tax cut. I thought all you Republican types go gaga over any and all tax cuts. Even during a time of war.

It's a tax break for an American based company that produces the arrows. Are you opposed to reducing taxes for American companies?

We've been told that the sky is falling all week. This is the greatest financial crisis in our generation. Right? So forgive me if I think that its inappropriate for the Senators from Oregon to use this as an opportunity to make good with the locals by adding a bunch of nonsense that benefits them in particular. I'm glad that you guys are content with this crap. I'm not.

Reducing the price of Rum in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands by $13/gallon is also an important part of this bill. Come on people!!!

What is another $110,000,000 of pork for the American taxpayer?

We've been told that the sky is falling all week. This is the greatest financial crisis in our generation. Right? So forgive me if I think that its inappropriate for the Senators from Oregon to use this as an opportunity to make good with the locals by adding a bunch of nonsense that benefits them in particular. I'm glad that you guys are content with this crap. I'm not.

Go back and read my post again. Did I say that I supported it or am content with it? No. Every day we read posts on here from "conservatives" railing about corporate taxes. If they are really driving companies to leave for China I just thought that you guys would be happy to get the tax breaks any way that you can.

I really don't think that anything should be added to the bill. Let the other crap stand on it's own merits.

I really don't think that anything should be added to the bill. Let the other crap stand on it's own merits.

I agree 100%. That's exactly what infuriates me about all of this. It's a giant bill being sold to us as absolutely necessary to save us and it must be passed immediately. Then these snakes start tacking on anything they can think of that will be overlooked because of the exigency of the process. It's insulting. It's immoral. And what's worse, it's probably unstoppable.

I agree 100%. That's exactly what infuriates me about all of this. It's a giant bill being sold to us as absolutely necessary to save us and it must be passed immediately. Then these snakes start tacking on anything they can think of that will be overlooked because of the exigency of the process. It's insulting. It's immoral. And what's worse, it's probably unstoppable.

This is how the UIGEA was passed a few years ago. It's nothing new.

I know that the legislation was tacked on to another bill that was somewhere in the process ... does anyone know if the stuff with the arrows (etc.) was added AFTER the economic package was added, or was it already on there before the economic package was attached?

...just curious...

Go back and read my post again. Did I say that I supported it or am content with it? No. Every day we read posts on here from "conservatives" railing about corporate taxes. If they are really driving companies to leave for China I just thought that you guys would be happy to get the tax breaks any way that you can.

+1

Wether this works to save our economy or not the gov has screwed our kids generation up the azz, again. Really wouldn't want to be a 5 yr old today, there world in 40-50 yrs. isn't looking to good.