[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts and Prayers for my father

Hat Trick

I wouldn't normally ask for this type of thing, but I am a little worried. My father has been having irregular heartbeats since Saturday. He feels his heart skipping beats and is pretty concerned about it. He has had all sorts of tests performed and they haven't found anything. I will be taking him to the hospital on Monday to have a heart Cathedor (sp?) put in to scope for blockage. My dad raised my sister and I from since I was 4 years old all by himself. Since the divorce he has never remarried and is pretty lonely since he lives on our farm 365 days a year all by himself. I go up there to help him all the time and be with him as much as I can. He's pretty bummed about all this especially since this is happening right when he was to begin havesting his crops and he has 112 head of cattle that depend on him, as well as cats and a dog. He absolutely loves hunting and they told him he is not do any bow hunting until they determine what is wrong with him. My family and 2 best friends and their kids are all going up there this weekend for our first experience at the Youth hunting season here in Missouri and he was so excited about it and seeing his 8 year old grandson get his first deer. I'm sure he's still excited but his mind is other places right now too. If he cannot take care of things then I will take FMLA and be with him as long as he needs. Hopefully they don't find anything, but that's a double edged sword cause we all want to know what is causing it as well.

My dad is my hero and of course the person I trust more than anyone in this world (except my wife) and it sucks when you start to put into perspective that they won't be around forever. When my Grandfather died back in 2001 it hurt him and myself pretty bad, but I could only imagine the pain if something went terribly wrong. Any good vibes are HUGHLY appreciated.

:wacko:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm adding your father to my prayer list! :wacko:

Cardiology has come a long way in the diagnosis and treatment of heart arrhythmias. I'm confident your dad's problem will be under control soon.

Here's a pretty good website on the subject.