[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Quirks

Qball86

One league I've been in for a long time can be described in a word, standard. I'd love to add some nuances, as would other owners, into the league to bring a little snap to it next year.

What kind of "non-traditional" rules do some of you have in your leagues that keep things interesting :wacko: ?

What kind of "non-traditional" rules do some of you have in your leagues that keep things interesting :wacko: ?

Bonuses for distance TD's.

Bonuses for 150 yards rushing (RB/TE/WR) and receiving (WR)

Bonuses for 300 passing yards

Kick returner as a seperate position

IDP

PPR

Start 2 QB's

Add a flex if you don't have one

$$ for weekly high score

Toilet Bowl

Have a few, but one we like the best is loss fees per point - every game you lose, you pay 25 cents a point you lose by in weeks 1 to 10, and 50 cents in weeks 11 to 14. Somewhat to ensure no one tanks at the end and even encourages pickups as points scored may be fees not paid.

Also do blind bid real dollar free agents, so you want a guy you can get him but costs real money.

Scoring for Offensive Categories

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 2 points for a FG of 40 to 49 Yds

Plus 3 points for a FG of 50 to 59 Yds

Plus 4 points for a FG of 60 to 99 Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaCmp - Passing Completion 1 point

PaInt - Passing Interception -2 points

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd

Recpt - Reception 1 point

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuAtt - Rushing Attempt 1 point

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd

XP - Extra Points 1 point

Scoring for Defensive Categories

DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

Int - Interceptions 2 points

SACK - Sack 1 point

STY - Safety 2 points

+1 PPR, +1 Point per completion, +1 Point per carry. With a bench restricted to ONE EACH: QB, WR/TE, RB. Total Points league.

Craziest league I'm in. Makes the waiver wire and drafting a different animal. For example, my three RBs are AP, Portis & Turner. That's right, 1, 2 and 3.

However, I am in third place. :wacko:

Like I said, challenging. :D

Edited by cre8tiff

IDP

PPR

Start 2 QB's

$$ for weekly high score

Toilet Bowl

but see most of this list would be considered traditional I think....

My league quirks to the left when taking sharp curves. :wacko:

and I don't have the slightest idea what kind of humor this was intended to be but thanks for bumping my thread I guess?

Have a few, but one we like the best is loss fees per point - every game you lose, you pay 25 cents a point you lose by in weeks 1 to 10, and 50 cents in weeks 11 to 14. Somewhat to ensure no one tanks at the end and even encourages pickups as points scored may be fees not paid.

Also do blind bid real dollar free agents, so you want a guy you can get him but costs real money.

Now we're on to something, I like the idea of paying out for losing a game. Bet it hurts the one or two times a year you score a lot but run into a team in which EVERY player on their team gets like 2 or 3 TDs and tons of yardage.

Also someone mentioned the home game idea and I like the thought but its just to random as to who gets home versus away in each week. Adding one of my own, a friend of mine played in a league that drafted head coaches and got 3 points if that coachs' team won their game.

IDP

PPR

Start 2 QB's

$$ for weekly high score

Toilet Bowl

that is not a quirk...It is the FUTURE that is the here and now for many of us...but the others will soon come to the darkside too :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Now we're on to something, I like the idea of paying out for losing a game. Bet it hurts the one or two times a year you score a lot but run into a team in which EVERY player on their team gets like 2 or 3 TDs and tons of yardage.

When it really hurts is that game when you happen to have a bad week and your opponent sets a damn record - ie, my playoff team (backed into clinching this week) is going to lose this week by somewhere between 50 and 60 - a $25 to $30 fee and I'm the 2 seed in the playoffs in a few weeks.

IDP

PPR

Start 2 QB's

$$ for weekly high score

Toilet Bowl

My original local has been playing IDP and ind. kick returners since its inception in 1990. Although in a TD-only league it's more or less a crapshoot when trying to predict defensive or return TDs. Devin Hester was very valuable last year and one guy actually used a 7th round pick on him this year in the draft. That was pretty stupid. I've been campaigning for this league to change to a performance league since I joined in 1992-93. To no avail........yet.

ETA: We give 3 point bonuses for length of TD in this same league:

0-9 yards = 6 points

10-39= 9

40+ yards = 12

Plus if a RB catches a TD pass, a QB or WR rushes for a TD, it's 3 bonus points so if LT catches a 50 yard TD pass, it's a 15 point play. A QB sneak from the one is not 6 points, but 9(happened against me yesterday by DelHomeboy). All defensive and return TDs are worth 12 points, regardless of length.

Edited by jaxfactor

There is a BOTH league called 32 HomARRRRRRRRRRRs that does a Mid-season plunder.

All 32 teams get the ability to protect 4 or 5 players (hidden from everyone). Starting from the worst team up through the best team, you can try to "plunder" a player from another team. If you select a player and he is unprotected, congrats, he's yours. If he IS protected, then you get nothing. So you can try to out-think who may be trying to plunder from you. Reverse-reverse psychology sort of.

Once a team tries to plunder from you, successful or not, you cannot be plundered from again.

Not my league but I think the idea is great. I usually try to lurk and see how it plays out.

We have 10 teams in two divisions (5 each) and if you win your division in the regular season, you get to pick your first round opponent for the playoffs from the 3 teams behind you in the division that also made the playoffs. We call it the "Pick Your Poison" award for winning the division.

Scoring for Offensive Categories

FG - Field Goals 3 points

Plus 3 points for a FG of 50+ Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -1 point

MFG - Missed Field Goal -1 point

MXP - Missed Extra Point -1 point

PaInt - Passing Interception -1 point

PaTD - Passing TD 5 points

Plus 5 points for a PaTD of 50 to 120 Yds

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 50 to 120 Yds

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

Plus 6 points for a RuTD of 50 to 120 Yds

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 75 - 99 TotYds = 2 points

100 - 124 TotYds = 4 points

125 - 149 TotYds = 6 points

150 - 174 TotYds = 8 points

175 - 199 TotYds = 10 points

200 - 224 TotYds = 12 points

225 - 249 TotYds = 14 points

250 - 274 TotYds = 16 points

XP - Extra Points 1 point

Special Scoring for Quarterbacks

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 200 - 249 TotYds = 2 points

250 - 299 TotYds = 3 points

300 - 349 TotYds = 4 points

350 - 399 TotYds = 5 points

400 - 449 TotYds = 6 points

450 - 499 TotYds = 7 points

Special Scoring for Tight Ends

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 50 - 74 TotYds = 2 points

75 - 99 TotYds = 4 points

100 - 124 TotYds = 6 points

125 - 149 TotYds = 8 points

Scoring for Defensive Categories

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points

FF - Forced Fumble 1 point

Int - Interceptions 1 point

PA - Points Against, Total Points Scored 0 - 0 PAs = 8 points

2 - 6 PA = 5 points

7 - 13 PA = 2 points

14 - 34 PA = 0 points

35+ PAs = -2 points

SACK - Sack 1 point

STY - Safety 2 points

That is genius! Will do next year. We had a couple sulkers who just quit covering their byes. Not only unsporting, and lame, but unfair to the other teams, who would like to see you beat a contender.

ETA: We give 3 point bonuses for length of TD in this same league:

0-9 yards = 6 points

10-39= 9

40+ yards = 12

Plus if a RB catches a TD pass, a QB or WR rushes for a TD, it's 3 bonus points so if LT catches a 50 yard TD pass, it's a 15 point play. A QB sneak from the one is not 6 points, but 9(happened against me yesterday by DelHomeboy).

We do this in my "local", but our bonus is 5 points. Used to be DOUBLE. So an LT 41 yard REC TD was huge.

We do this in my "local", but our bonus is 5 points. Used to be DOUBLE. So an LT 41 yard REC TD was huge.

Exact same in ours, d. Used to be double, so the 3 point bonus instead was dubbed the "LT Rule". He was killing people with the double points.

ETA: You spelled hugh wrong.

Edited by jaxfactor

In my big money, we give a 2 point bonus per every 20 yards length of TD (20-39 yard TD gets 2 bonus points, 40-59 gets 4 bonus points etc...). We also reward double TD points for a 'non-traditional' TD. In other words, if a RB receives or throws a TD, he gets 12 points plus whatever yardage bonus (yardage bonus not double, just the TD) or a QB runs or receives a TD, WR returns a punt or kickoff etc... ANYTHING non-traditional for that specific position.

Oh and like Whomper, we kill whoever comes in last place usually by drowning or fire.

Exact same in ours, d. Used to be double, so the 3 point bonus instead was dubbed the "LT Rule". He was killing people with the double points.

ETA: You spelled hugh wrong.

Back in the day, Marshall Faulk was HUGH... then Edge came in and was also quite HUGH. Once Tiki Barber and LT and the likes showed up, it was time for a change. It only happened after like 3 years... :wacko:

We also have the 5-point bonus for 300+ passing or 100+ rushing or receiving.

As an aside, I went at things a little different in this league this year, opting to go with 3 stud WRs early on. Got Moss, TO and Holmes. Each has been disappointing in their own way and for varying reasons. Safe to say I'm not making the playoffs. But if Moss/TO play like they did 2 weeks ago, I'll have a stab at the weekly high score prize starting this week. :D