[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wardrobe fiasco!

tazinib1

I'm going absolutely insane this week. I got a premier to go to in LA this Saturday and there will be some high profile producers and directors there. I'm a simple guy and I don't own a "nice" outfit to wear. The invitation is "dress casual". I give up...what the hell is "dress casual"???? Been thinking about just getting a nice pair of shoes, dress jeans with a shirt and jacket. Is that dressing up or is that fit the dress criteria???

Good god I can't believe I'm acting like a woman right now.

code for business casual, no suit, but I woulod forgo the jeans, maybe a good pair of Cannali slacks and a Joseph Abboud shirt/sweater layered on top, or a sport coat no tie

Canali slacks? Good lord woman lol. They run about 1k a pair!! Thats a nice outfit you just suggested...unfortunately I can't afford that right now.

Canali slacks? Good lord woman lol. They run about 1k a pair!! Thats a nice outfit you just suggested...unfortunately I can't afford that right now.

go to macys or whatever and tell them what you need and set a limit....black on black without a tie or jacket will probably be very LAish

I'm going absolutely insane this week. I got a premier to go to in LA this Saturday and there will be some high profile producers and directors there. I'm a simple guy and I don't own a "nice" outfit to wear. The invitation is "dress casual". I give up...what the hell is "dress casual"???? Been thinking about just getting a nice pair of shoes, dress jeans with a shirt and jacket. Is that dressing up or is that fit the dress criteria???

Good god I can't believe I'm acting like a woman right now.

"dress casual" in LA speak means "Hollywood Hip."

You're going to look like a hayseed. Better PM me.

Wear what you would normally wear, then when people make fun of you for not dressing all Hollywood, just say "I am who I am". There is the slightest chance that some people will love your "everyman" attitude and you will become a big star.

Or you can try to dress like everyone else and there is a 100% chance that nobody will ever remember you since you are just like everybody else.

Edited by wiegie

Wear what you would normally wear, then when people make fun of you for not dressing all Hollywood, just say "I am who I am". There is the slightest chance that some people will love your "everyman" attitude and you will become a big star.

Or you can try to dress like everyone else and there is a 100% chance that nobody will ever remember you since you are just like everybody else.

Very sage advice here.