[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so, john travolta's son died

Azazello1313

I think Azz is showing a side of anger for people who's beliefs may interfere and prevent them from using beneficial, positive , medical care that is so readily available

My father knew a person who lost a family member because they were jehovah's witness and would not allow for a simple transfusion that may have saved the persons life

if the truth is that travolta's son died because his parents did not believe in a condition ( be it autism or complication from it ) that could have been treated with medication , I could understand the anger towards it

Each day there are millions of children who die who could not be saved by modern medicine and modern medical procedures ...its just that much sadder when other children die who could have been saved or helped but who's parents did not allow for it or believe in it .... I Think Its sad that travolta's son died , period and regardless of why

very true. When I was prego, I loved watching those birthing shows on the Discovery Channel.. There was a couple, who believed in Holistic medicine, eastern beliefs, like acupuncture, which is fine...their baby was born, infected w/ group B strep, I think (if memory serves me correctly)....the docs said, she needs antibiotics or she will die, they ultimately ( and wisely) gave in.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and to the point of Jett Travolta dying...can you really have a more fantasy like living being the son of a famous actor who is seemingly cool as the other side of the pillow with a hot mom and nothing to want for and an incredible life ahead of you...and you die at age 16? Jeebus, how sad.

You know that the Catholic church will still deny the selling of indulgences to this day?

I heard Scientologist don't believe in psychiatric drugs, etc....but they're also against other medical interventions? Not to knock other's beliefs, hopefully no Scientologist around here, but a religion that was created by a sci-fi writer just to see if he could really make it happen, and one that says we were all aliens trapped in some volcano from outer space that erupted and blasted our souls to pieces (that's why were're unsettled) is a truly crazy notion to me. Oh, and if you pay $$$, your alien soul can be repaired. And you can now get a tax-deduction for it.

Pardon me, but weren't you the huddler who got all faux outraged when people posted Polish jokes when you mentioned your ancestry (I think your reply was along the "what if I were black or jewish, would you make those jokes?")

Pot meet kettle.....

(I think your reply was along the "what if I were black or jewish, would you make those jokes?")

FWIW, I can confirm that the answer to at least one of these questions is a resounding "yes".

FWIW, I can confirm that the answer to at least one of these questions is a resounding "yes".

What is the object of Jewish football ?

To get the quarter back :wacko:

I've tried to read up on it.

I've found no completely credible source as they apparently guard their beliefs quite, uhh, religiously. I would question any thing that you read since it's not approved by their church.

And yes, what I've read seems quite far fetched, but not much more far fetched than, AND GOD SAID, "LET THERE BE LIGHT"... who the fook was he talking to?

Jerry Jones?

As someone whose taken a lot of grief for challenging more popular religions around here, I'm rather disappointed to see some of you piling on this cult. That is not at all to say that I think Scientology is anything but total farce.

Believe what you want. But if part of that is believing that seas parted and the like, I'm not sure where you come off laughing at someone else's rather far-fetched theories on how this whole thing works. Hiding behind the fact that the story you believe has been around longer, and therefor has more believers, doesn't seem to make it any more credible either.

Again. I'm not saying what you should and shouldn't believe. Just a bit perplexed at the convenient line in the sand often drawn by some.

As someone whose taken a lot of grief for challenging more popular religions around here, I'm rather disappointed to see some of you piling on this cult. That is not at all to say that I think Scientology is anything but total farce.

Believe what you want. But if part of that is believing that seas parted and the like, I'm not sure where you come off laughing at someone else's rather far-fetched theories on how this whole thing works. Hiding behind the fact that the story you believe has been around longer, and therefor has more believers, doesn't seem to make it any more credible either.

Again. I'm not saying what you should and shouldn't believe. Just a bit perplexed at the convenient line in the sand often drawn by some.

Amen to this. :wacko:

Edited by whoopazz

Let me pencil in det as another person who gets to spend eternity in Hell with flames lapping all around him while the demon that is Satan pokes him with a pitchfork.

Well said, detlef. I don't always agree with you, but I do find you consistent.

Now go make some toast... :wacko:

Let me pencil in det as another person who gets to spend eternity in Hell with flames lapping all around him while the demon that is Satan pokes him with a pitchfork.

Say detlef...CC teammates for eternity in hell, yes? :highfive:

God parted the sea , there was an ark with Noah on it , there are 10 commandments ....I got no problem with that

Not sure though about tom cruise telling me that an alien will come down and take over his body making him Godlike

Just sayin

How is one less fantastical than the other? :wacko:

Just because Moses never jumped up and down on Oprah's couch?

God parted the sea , there was an ark with Noah on it , there are 10 commandments ....I got no problem with that

Not sure though about tom cruise telling me that an alien will come down and take over his body making him Godlike

Just sayin

If the previous scenario happened, I give the latter the same possibility.

No more far-fetched than any other religion, really.

Yeah all religions are the same

:wacko: Thx for reminding us about the "we mock what we do not understand" thing.

Sad story. I was not aware that autism included some big increased risk of seizures though-?

Yeah all religions are the same

:wacko: Thx for reminding us about the "we mock what we do not understand" thing.

Um, who said they're all the same? Surely you're not implying that there aren't some pretty fantastic tales spun by the bible that require one to suspend disbelief, are you? You seem to think some dude slamming his staff to the ground and making the seas part seems completely reasonable but aliens coming out of volcanos is crazy. Others of us might be less inclined to see much of a difference.

As for your second point. You do realize that statements like squeegies are in response to people (some of whom are very open and ardent supporters of Christianity) essentially mocking Scientology?

Um, who said they're all the same? Surely you're not implying that there aren't some pretty fantastic tales spun by the bible that require one to suspend disbelief, are you? You seem to think some dude slamming his staff to the ground and making the seas part seems completely reasonable but aliens coming out of volcanos is crazy. Others of us might be less inclined to see much of a difference.

As for your second point. You do realize that statements like squeegies are in response to people (some of whom are very open and ardent supporters of Christianity) essentially mocking Scientology?

Scientology is like a newbie. It should be mocked until it has some street cred to see if it has any balls