[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our President acting Presidential

cre8tiff

Our President serves are an arbitrator in a disagreement between China and France. And helps them come to consensus. :D

But Mr. Obama, according to this account, stepped between the two men, urging them to try to find consensus, and giving them a "pep talk" about the importance of working together.

The senior adminstration official said that Mr. Obama pulled Mr. Sarkozy aside, took him to a corner, "and discussed possible alternatives," the senior official said.

Once they arrived at one, President Obama "sent a message to the Chinese" that a counter-offer was on the table. The Chinese spent some time considering the offer. But they took a few minutes.

So Mr. Obama, with the assistance of translators, suggested that he and Mr. Hu have a conversation as well. They, too went to the corner to talk. After a few minutes, Mr. Obama called upon Mr. Sarkozy to join them.

"Translators and sherpas in tow, they reached an agreement," the official said. "There was a multiple shaking of hands."

:D:D

But that's just grandstanding, eh? :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

Not sure what Obama was brokering, but I would expect nothing less from the POTUS (regardless of who it is).

Kudos. :wacko:

...seriously, does anyone know what he was brokering?

Not sure what Obama was brokering, but I would expect nothing less from the POTUS (regardless of who it is).

A Chinese food order

I'd bet that the French were being totally snobby.

Wow. Barack Obama is amazing. His Presidentialness is like a refreshing springtime rainbow of hope with fluffy bunnies of change sliding down the arch into a shimmering golden pool of globalism.

Wow. Barack Obama is amazing. His Presidentialness is like a refreshing springtime rainbow of hope with fluffy bunnies of change sliding down the arch into a shimmering golden pool of globalism.

Kyle: Hey Stan. Did you see that rainbow this morning?

Stan: Yeah. It was huge.

Cartman: Eh. I hate those things.

Kyle: Nobody hates rainbows.

Stan: Yeah. What's there to hate about rainbows?

Cartman: Well, you know. You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and they'll come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and start biting the inside of your ass, and you'll be all like, "Hey. Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows."

Stan: Cartman, what the hell are you talking about?

Cartman: I'm talking about rainbows. I hate those friggin' things.

Kyle: Rainbows are those little arches of color that show up after a rainstorm.

Cartman: Oh. RainBOWS. Yeah, I like those. Those are cool.

Stan: What were you talking about?

Cartman: Huh? Oh nothing. Forget it.

Kyle: No. What marches in, crawls up your leg-...

Cartman: Nothing.

Kyle: ...and starts biting the inside of your ass?

Cartman: Nothing.

I like how he bowed down and showed his submissiveness to the King of Saudi Arabia. :wacko:

Um, is it even possible to be more "submissive" to the Saudis than we'd been for the last 8 years?

Edited by detlef

I caught part of a town hall meeting this morning he was giving in Europe to French and German students. He was talking about getting rid of our nuclear weapons, so that we will have the moral authority to talk to Iran and North Korea. He was talking about reducing our carbon footprint, and that we need to do that before we try to get other countries to do so. Basically he was he came across as though he'd sign Kyoto, and hope that after he signed it other countries would join in. I think both of those are very bad ideas, and do nothing but weaken us. He also talked about the need for universal health care. He talked about providing more aid to developing countries. I was not impressed, and was a little bit worried. Hey but the French and German students liked him.

Nothing quite says presidential like giving the queen of england an ipod.

It could've been worse. Michelle Obama could've told a bunch of school children that they can grow up to be as successful as she is...of course, that's simply by getting married and having the stars align perfectly. But hey, it made little Cindi smile.

It could've been worse. Michelle Obama could've told a bunch of school children that they can grow up to be as successful as she is...of course, that's simply by getting married and having the stars align perfectly. But hey, it made little Cindi smile.

??

As far as I know... Michelle was more successful that Barack when they got married.

I caught part of a town hall meeting this morning he was giving in Europe to French and German students. He was talking about getting rid of our nuclear weapons, so that we will have the moral authority to talk to Iran and North Korea. He was talking about reducing our carbon footprint, and that we need to do that before we try to get other countries to do so. Basically he was he came across as though he'd sign Kyoto, and hope that after he signed it other countries would join in. I think both of those are very bad ideas, and do nothing but weaken us. He also talked about the need for universal health care. He talked about providing more aid to developing countries. I was not impressed, and was a little bit worried. Hey but the French and German students liked him.

Did he say "get rid" of nukes or "reduce"? Also, I haven't seen you post anything yet on the renewed dialog with the Russians. Is that because you'd prefer to piss and moan?

Did he say "get rid" of nukes or "reduce"? Also, I haven't seen you post anything yet on the renewed dialog with the Russians. Is that because you'd prefer to piss and moan?

He said reduce. Sorry, that is what I meant. I don't think even the most conservative among us thinks he is stupid enough to get rid of them all together. With regard to renewed dialog with the Russians, I think it is a positive, but nothing extraordinary, or for that matter really beneficial.