[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walmart stealing cookies from little girls

rajncajn

Last year I watched a documentary about WalMart and decided to boycott them. That lasted about a month, damn them and their low prices. At least I try to avoid the products made by children in sweatshops.

I don't think this will hurt the girl scouts. Their racket is pretty solid -- stake out store entrances and act all cute and precocious, making people buy their sweet treats out of guilt or pity. Damn them and their little green skirts. Damn them!

Imagine how the Boy Scouts of America feel whenever popcorn time comes around. People will still buy the cookies. The people that bought the cookies before will still buy them, and the people that are concerned over price probably weren't buying them to begin with.

I had the (dis)pleasure of running one of those booths by the doors with my two sons in cub scouts last year. I myself am a Eagle Scout so i understand what selling helps teach the boys. However the only thing that my boys learned that day was rejection. it's hard to argue with logic trying to get people to buy expensive "premium" popcorn when almost the exact same thing could be purchased inside for 1/4 the price.

I dont have a problem with them staking out in front of stores. But when my coworkers bring in their daughters to guilt you into buying their stuff...

:wacko:

I've told everyone who does this; co-workers, relatives, et al, that I require a presentation by the children for me to buy their stuff.

If the kids cannot take the time to ask me for the help, they don't get my money.

What do the girl scouts do with all that money? The boy scouts get along without that huge influx of cash - what do the girl scouts do with the money? I do not have any daughters so I have no idea if troops spend summer camp in the tropics - what do they do with all that cash? Is being the director of the Girl Scouts secretly one of the most well paid jobs in the world?

What do the girl scouts do with all that money? The boy scouts get along without that huge influx of cash - what do the girl scouts do with the money? I do not have any daughters so I have no idea if troops spend summer camp in the tropics - what do they do with all that cash? Is being the director of the Girl Scouts secretly one of the most well paid jobs in the world?

They use the money to go to Girl Scout camps, same as Boy Scouts but with skirts and dolls and according to my wife, head lice.

Edited by Zooty