[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Vancouver Olympics

SteelBunz

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took Canada the shootout to beat Switzerland. Canada dominated all aspects of the game but Hiller was a wall during the 2nd half of the game for Switzerland. 18 SOG in the 3rd for the Canadians vs 3 for the Swiss and none hit the net. Nevertheless, it certainly made the Canadians look beatable.

That's the great thing about Olympic hockey (or any tournament hockey for that matter) is that a hot goalie can take their team a long way. Looking forward to the game between the US and Canada on Sunday. :D:wacko:

in case you didn’t hear the late-breaking news, the gold medal in the downhill was taken away from American Lindsey Vonn. It was determined that President Obama is going downhill faster than she is.

Mitt Romney CPAC speech 2/18/2010

Just read that Scotty Lago (bronze medal winner) in snowboarding is going home due to some photos that surfaced from a party Thursday night.

Linky

TMZ published the photo and apparently it didn't sit well with someone. He's a snowboarder for cryin' out loud. They should have cut him a break.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/19/olympic-meda.../#ixzz0igMlDxdC

They've got no one to blame but themselves. :wacko:

I have a quick question about the 15 year old "American" ice dancer who skated for the country of Georgia. The color guy said she had given up her citizenship to skate for another country. Am I understanding this correctly in that she is no longer an American citizen?

I am a bit confused about this. If anyone has an answer I would love to read it......

I have a quick question about the 15 year old "American" ice dancer who skated for the country of Georgia. The color guy said she had given up her citizenship to skate for another country. Am I understanding this correctly in that she is no longer an American citizen?

I am a bit confused about this. If anyone has an answer I would love to read it......

It was my impression from hearing that story that she has DUAL citizenship and chose to skate for Georgia.

I think she was allowed to skate for them because her partner's from Georgia. Also her two siblings are skating for Japan.

She went out and got Georgian citizenship--BUT since she did not intend to give up her US citizenship, she is allowed to keep it (at least that is how the State Department has been interpreting the laws for several years).

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_778.html

a person who:

--is naturalized in a foreign country;

--takes a routine oath of allegiance to a foreign state;

--serves in the armed forces of a foreign state not engaged in hostilities with the United States, or

--accepts non-policy level employment with a foreign government,

and in so doing wishes to retain U.S. citizenship need not submit prior to the commission of a potentially expatriating act a statement or evidence of his or her intent to retain U.S. citizenship since such an intent will be presumed.

When, as the result of an individual's inquiry or an individual's application for registration or a passport it comes to the attention of a U.S. consular officer that a U.S. citizen has performed an act made potentially expatriating by Sections 349(a)(1), 349(a)(2), 349(a)(3) or 349(a)(4) as described above, the consular officer will simply ask the applicant if there was intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship when performing the act. If the answer is no, the consular officer will certify that it was not the person's intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship and, consequently, find that the person has retained U.S. citizenship.

Vernon Davis is the Men's Curling guest of honor this year.

My friend's dad was an Olympic curler, and both of them are up with the team this week.

Their job for the week? To entertain their guest of honor. So... my buddy is hanging out with Vernon Davis in bars all week.

I just heard that Vernon Davis is a curler. He is an honorary captain for the US team.

Thanks for paying attention to me... :wacko:

I believe the appropriate term these days is "african-american".