[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Vancouver Olympics

SteelBunz

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the powers that be think ice dancing is more important. :wacko:

It's strange to flip over from a real sport like hockey to some guy wearing a pink bustier and lace gloves spinning around. Prince dressed more manly than these people. NBC's coverage sucks compared to the other networks.

I don't know much about hockey, but that was a fun game. I think the second USA goal (maybe second one) was funny. Canada had scored about a minute earlier and he sat them Canadian fans down on their butt quickly. :D:D

It's strange to flip over from a real sport like hockey to some guy wearing a pink bustier and lace gloves spinning around. Prince dressed more manly than these people. NBC's coverage sucks compared to the other networks.

Did you ask Hankk for that word?

I don't know much about hockey, but that was a fun game. I think the second USA goal (maybe second one) was funny. Canada had scored about a minute earlier and he sat them Canadian fans down on their butt quickly. :D:D

Or perhaps it could have been the second one. :wacko:

So this morning an analyst was on the Today Show saying Apolo Ohno is having an amazing Olympics. Am I the only one who feels the only medal that matters is gold and the other two are basically souvenirs? I guarantee you 99% of the athletes feel that way.

So this morning an analyst was on the Today Show saying Apolo Ohno is having an amazing Olympics. Am I the only one who feels the only medal that matters is gold and the other two are basically souvenirs? I guarantee you 99% of the athletes feel that way.

For the one's who have won Olympics medals before I might agree, but in watching I've seen some pretty excited athlete's who took 2nd or 3rd. I think the idea of bringing home a medal against the worlds best competition & just being a part of the experience is pretty huge for a great number of the participants.

For the one's who have won Olympics medals before I might agree, but in watching I've seen some pretty excited athlete's who took 2nd or 3rd. I think the idea of bringing home a medal against the worlds best competition & just being a part of the experience is pretty huge for a great number of the participants.

I guess I can see that in something like the men's halfpipe, taking silver is the best anyone not named Shaun White can hope for. But if Ohno doesn't win gold in the 500m, I think he'll consider these games somewhat of a failure.

I think it depends on whether you, as an athlete in a particular sport, were "expected" to take gold or not. In that case.....silver or bronze might feel like a consolation. But if you have your head on straight and understand all the factors that can work against you and that everyone else is gunning for you, you have to think any medal was a pretty damn good outing. :wacko:

I think the most intriguing part of this Olympics has been the number of "comeback" stories. Legitimate comeback stories. Folks that should have rightfully hung it up after serious enough injuries.....folks that had all but retired, then decided to get back in the game.

Pretty amazing. :D And inspirational.

Edited by SteelBunz

In the men's Ski Cross, Canadian Chris Delbosco (his dad's Canadian) was in third place in the final

coming down the home stretch....he was very close to the 2 in front of him, he got to much

air off one of the last jumps and crashed...i felt really bad for him, but after the race he said something like,

' I didnt come here to win a bronze medal, so I went for it. I have no regrets going for the gold, but crashing'

I thought that was pretty cool thing to say.

I think in general though most medal winners are happy to be classed as one of the top 3 in the world.

God Bless our woman's Hockey team! :D

They were on top of everything today. A hat trick and 3x shots on goal! :D:D:D

I enjoy watching them play hockey as much as the American men! :wacko:

Our men's curling team was so pathetic that in the last game of their Olympics they had to concede to the last-place Chinese team in the 9th end.

They have set American curling back five years. :chuckle:

Shuster has to be the worst skip ever... and not a very good curler either. He didn't appear to take anything seriously.

And they sat the only curler worth a darn last night. I can understand why he is going to retire.... being stuck on that team is not a good thing.

Leave us hope that next time we have someone that wants to win.

Our men's curling team was so pathetic that in the last game of their Olympics they had to concede to the last-place Chinese team in the 9th end.

They have set American curling back five years. :chuckle:

That would be fine with me. The curling club here in St. Paul has already had to start turning away members for a couple years now. The USCA keeps wanting to grow the sport, but we have nowhere to put anyone - at least in the Twin Cities.